Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Thibodeau: NBA probably trend toward allowing more defense, gone too far other wa

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    True. All these little guards in the league that are burning defenders and getting layups are going to have it tough. The guards who will be mostly fine are the ones like Ant who have the strength and elevation to finish through contact. Guys like Trae and Brunson would see a huge dip in production.
    They'd not score 30 anymore, at least not on good efficiency.

I mean, they're both the same player fundamentally as Mark Price, Allen Iverson, Kevin Johnson etc.

People forget AI used to hover around 40% until the rule changes.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Default Re: Thibodeau: NBA probably trend toward allowing more defense, gone too far other wa

Confirmed the greatest player and scorer ever also did it in the most physical, grueling, and difficult to score defensive scoring climate ever.

In respect to the Thibodeau quote, we heard directly from Silver that this isn't true when asked from KG. He WANTS the game to continue even further in the offensive direction because that's what "sells." Funny cause NBAs numbers are way down compared to the 90s which he said quote, "the game became too physical"

As far as I'm concerned, todays game is essentially the Steroid era in baseball. You have to throw out nearly all personal best stats players get.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog View Post
    In respect to the Thibodeau quote, we heard directly from Silver that this isn't true when asked from KG. He WANTS the game to continue even further in the offensive direction because that's what "sells." Funny cause NBAs numbers are way down compared to the 90s which he said quote, "the game became too physical"

As far as I'm concerned, todays game is essentially the Steroid era in baseball. You have to throw out nearly all personal best stats players get.
    it did become too physical. Now it's went way too far the other way. Need to find a happy medium

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    it did become too physical. Now it's went way too far the other way. Need to find a happy medium
    Not arguing one way or the other, I'm just saying this new game produces some crazy outlier stats, which KBlaze has been vocal about. Also was pointing out it's strange to me that Silver seems to think people love this Rec league style despite viewership saying otherwise. Maybe he sees the amount of money the TV/streaming deals are giving and doesn't actually give AF about how many fans watch