I can’t imagine how annoying it must be getting clowned for 40 years and recognized literally every day as the guy drafted before Jordan. Like that’s all your life is. And people think he was just…a bum. He was a bad pick even ignoring “And with the third pick…I made the earth sick. MJ him J? Fadeaway perfect”. But he wasn’t a bad player.

You can tell it gets to him

I feel like if I ran into him and had reason to speak I might actually pretend I didn’t recognize him. I bet every time he gets recognized somewhere in the back of his head. He’s waiting for them to talk about Michael Jordan. Hes too big to hide in person. You know people ask him if he played basketball. That glint of recognition must be a precursor to so many annoying comments.

I remember him being pretty good on the Nets. And he was obviously good in college. But his life is tied inexorably to his draft position. That shit is gonna be in his obituary and drown out an entire life lived.

If you bumped into him and realized who it was….would you even acknowledge that you knew? I bet at this point he’s sick of even “You weren’t that bad” pity talk.

Old people in Kentucky probably give him legit praise but that’s gotta be it.

Of all the people In the world who might go through with it if given a button they could press to remove Jordan from existence I feel like he might be the most likely to press it.