Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Am I the only one who finds these shots aesthetically pleasing?

They will obviously never be fashionable again, but it’s not like it’s a low skill shot making a 14 foot hook going across the lane. It just looks old so people aren’t going to do it. I used to take that shot on NBA jam just because nobody else did. And I say that knowing on NBA jam it’s stupid to take anything but a dunk or a three. And the way the modern league has morphed into mimicking NBA jam where there is no value in anything but a dunk or three there is definitely nobody working on shots like that now. But I can still enjoy them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Am I the only one who finds these shots aesthetically pleasing?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Didn't rick Barry used to shoot like 90% from the free throw line shooting grandma style? Some wierd looking shots were very effective.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Yes. And he had success teaching a few others. He offered to teach Shaq, but he laughed it off and refused. His reasoning was lame, but I’m not sure it would’ve really helped him anyway. Like all the other bad free-throw shooters he was at least decent in practice. Everybody in the NBA can shoot. But free throws in the game have a mental block. I remember the Lakers practice Numbers came out and it showed Dwight was shooting 80 something percent and people thought it was a lie. You watch anybody in the NBA shoot just messing around they can all make 3s and free throws. Just step to that line in a real game and it’s a tragedy.