Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default You’re going to think this is photoshopped. But it isn’t. It’s just the early 2000s.

I’m not even gonna post the TJ Ford media day picture. Don’t even need it.

Banned

Default Re: You’re going to think this is photoshopped. But it isn’t. It’s just the early 200

He wore those shorts so he wouldn't have to change for post-game tai chi.

High School Varsity 6th Man meat's Avatar

Default Re: You’re going to think this is photoshopped. But it isn’t. It’s just the early 200

Us olds did some weird stuff back then. But that's JNKO jeans level crazy

Lol.

“Bona.”

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

I was at my mom’s awhile ago and I was looking through some old boxes and found some old And1 basketball shorts from that era. Had me laughing those mother ****ers were huge as ****. Threw them on for old times sake.

comfortable though

NBA Superstar

I remember in 7th grade I got made fun of once because my shorts were slightly above my knees.

Crazy to think about now

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I remember in 7th grade I got made fun of once because my shorts were slightly above my knees.

Crazy to think about now
    Yea, middle school for me was when everyone was wearing baggy shit.

Very good NBA starter

Those are too long, but I'd like for the long shorts style to come back.

I don't like this current shorter style, it seems inspire less flash and less thuggery.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Those are too long, but I'd like for the long shorts style to come back.

I don't like this current shorter style, it seems inspire less flash and less thuggery.
    Depends where you live. Here in Miami, some older Gs out here still rock the long ones.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    Depends where you live. Here in Miami, some older Gs out here still rock the long ones.
    I can't get into the short style, it isn't basketball to me, makes the players look like they're track and field athletes or something.

Longer, looser shorts are better for basketball, because of the quick movements.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    I can't get into the short style, it isn't basketball to me, makes the players look like they're track and field athletes or something.
    I think you'll find the baggy era was an outlier. I hate tight fit personally but whatever.
    Last edited by SATAN; 02-03-2024 at 04:56 AM.

Good High School Starter

Baggy clothes became popular because a bunch of poor children's parents gave them oversized clothes to grow into and it just sort of caught on that way. It always looked stupid.

It was a very similar thing to poor people leaving tags on hats to "make them look authentic"/make them look new/help out possibly returning them. But mostly just status/making it look new.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I'd rather see the baggy early 2000s Mike Jones look than today's skinny Jean homosexual era where dudes show up wearing dresses and shit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

void of anti-Sinicism , bball tried to enhance bad boy neighborhoods way of life.

Short shorts from 70's -80's transformed even MJ as a bullet into the new fade.

We have what we have today - no jockstraps and jerseys , but under shorts that are compression , wraps , and socks that just cover the heel ...
    It is what it is... I still think the NBA should mandate that shorts should end above the knee.. but players will pull them down.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    I think you'll find the baggy era was an outlier. I hate tight fit personally but whatever.
    Shorts were baggy for at least 20 years though..From early 90s to early 10s.