Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Rasheed QUESTIONS Michael Jordan's defense!

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    And the lie detector test determined... that was a lie. Game footage right here.

Mario Chalmers was the primary defender for the series on Tony Parker. Lebron only guarded him on spot duty here and there. Parker was actually clutch in that series too. He hit a game winner swivel shot and would've had another if not for Ray Allen's shot.

And then in 2014 when Lebron finally did guard his position Kawhi had his "breakout" performance right on his head, lighting him up, and leading the Spurs to the biggest margin of victory in NBA Finals history.

Is what it is.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I mispoke, not only did he shut down Parker. Dude was also giving Duncan fits.

https://streamable.com/6lqa63

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    And the lie detector test determined... that was a lie. Game footage right here.

Mario Chalmers was the primary defender for the series on Tony Parker. Lebron only guarded him on spot duty here and there. Parker was actually clutch in that series too. He hit a game winner swivel shot and would've had another if not for Ray Allen's shot.

And then in 2014 when Lebron finally did guard his position Kawhi had his "breakout" performance right on his head, lighting him up, and leading the Spurs to the biggest margin of victory in NBA Finals history.

Is what it is.
    LeBron defended Parker for the entire 2nd half in game 7 and Parker had 0 Points, 1 Assists, & 2 Turnovers. I remember watching that series, dude was shook whenever LeBron defended him in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist View Post
    That's a lot of yelling without answering any questions
    I'm not gonna answer scripted silly questions like show me where Clyde was too much for Jordan........

Clyde hit his averages, Mitch hit his averages ... That's not great defense, that's average defense.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post
    I'm not gonna answer scripted silly questions like show me where Clyde was too much for Jordan........

Clyde hit his averages, Mitch hit his averages ... That's not great defense, that's average defense.
    If 25 on 41% is burning someone then no one is a good defender. Not Gary Payton, not Kobe, not Bill Russell, not Sidney Moncrief, not Michael Cooper, not Dennis Johnson, not anyone. You don't stop great players from scoring, you make them as inefficient as possible. And you stop them from making meaningful impact. If this was a real burning, you would be able to point out these impactful plays easily over 6 games, not just post stats with no context.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist View Post
    If 25 on 41% is burning someone then no one is a good defender. Not Gary Payton, not Kobe, not Bill Russell, not Sidney Moncrief, not Michael Cooper, not Dennis Johnson, not anyone. You don't stop great players from scoring, you make them as inefficient as possible. And you stop them from making meaningful impact. If this was a real burning, you would be able to point out these impactful plays easily over 6 games, not just post stats with no context.
    Look your initial statement made you win the argument regardless, show me someone that BURNED mj...

If you wanna think Jordan is on a level similar to Tony Allen by all means have at it. Drexler didn't have his most efficient series but he also got what he usually did.

In their normal games h usually shot around 50 percent through out their careers. Yes, I expect more.

If you watch the 92 Olympics he's constantly reaching for steals and getting burnt by the primary ball handler he's guarding.

I mean we can take this to his time on the wizards if you want? He made all star teams so he certainly could still play. No one had issues scoring on him, Kobe put what? 41 on his team at the HALF?

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post
    Look your initial statement made you win the argument regardless, show me someone that BURNED mj...

If you wanna think Jordan is on a level similar to Tony Allen by all means have at it. Drexler didn't have his most efficient series but he also got what he usually did.

In their normal games h usually shot around 50 percent through out their careers. Yes, I expect more.

If you watch the 92 Olympics he's constantly reaching for steals and getting burnt by the primary ball handler he's guarding.

I mean we can take this to his time on the wizards if you want? He made all star teams so he certainly could still play. No one had issues scoring on him, Kobe put what? 41 on his team at the HALF?
    If MJ is not that great of a defender then he would have gotten burned when it counted the most, not in some one-off regular season game. Anyone can get hot in a regular season game. There is no defender in history that hasn't been burned in some regular season game. The playoffs is where we see whether someone is a great defender or not. When you have game plans and your defense can adjust game to game.

So I asked you to show me where MJ got burned in the playoffs. You curiously pointed out the 1992 Finals. That Finals is up on the NBA app in its entirety. If MJ got burned then I don't remember seeing it. Did Clyde put up some good stats? Yes he did. So? The goal is not necessarily to hold your opponent to under 10 points. The goal is to win. Did Clyde's contribution make a meaningful impact? I don't remember that. I remember the Trailblazers came back from behind to win game 2 after Clyde had fouled out. I remember Clyde made a great steal at the end of game 4 to seal the victory. But that is defensive. Aside from some nice jump shots and dunks, I don't remember much about Clyde this series because he didn't have the impact that would make us remember. No last second shots to win the game. No scoring outburst of 40 points or more when his team needed buckets. In fact, 41% is struggling for a guy like Clyde. So I thought it was curious that you pointed this series out to expose MJ's defense.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 02-03-2024 at 04:40 PM.

I thought this was going to be about how because of his offensive load he didn't have enough in the tank for D and therefore he shouldn't have been on those all-D teams. I get that. But he's just saying he wasn't that great at D. That's flat out bs. He probably wasn't the best on ball defender but was elite and he was an even better help defender.