Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rasheed QUESTIONS Michael Jordan's defense!

Banned

Default Re: Rasheed QUESTIONS Michael Jordan's defense!

Lmao, okay.

Sorry, not gonna let this hot take get any more steam. All due respect to Sheed but he is probably high. Dude sounds like a total f'n idiot.

Jordan was an absolute pest on defense. Led the league in steals multiple times. Always gave 100% on the defensive end, always stayed with his man, always making a play on the ball. There are times he just would totally lock guys up and make them look silly and inadequate.

Awful, AWFUL take from Rasheed.

0 points.

Sorry if you are replying to me but I have you blocked and it's gonna stay that way, alt.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

It's funny you bring up Rasheed, I recently saw a vid of him from that same podcast I believe of him saying Maurice Lucas was a better player than Bill Walton during their '77 title run, dude is obviously clueless.

He said MJ isn't the GOAT

Sheed has said a lot of very honest, unfiltered things in his life.

But this is the only one which LOST him ALOT of CREDIBILITY. With EVERYBODY.

Whatever he says in the future will always be brought into doubt now,
    Just cause he said this insanely stupid sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    Lmao, okay.

Sorry, not gonna let this hot take get any more steam. All due respect to Sheed but he is probably high. Dude sounds like a total f'n idiot.

Jordan was an absolute pest on defense. Led the league in steals multiple times. Always gave 100% on the defensive end, always stayed with his man, always making a play on the ball. There are times he just would totally lock guys up and make them look silly and inadequate.

Awful, AWFUL take from Rasheed.

0 points.
    Negative eleventy gorillion points.
    Son went from a filterless stoned 5%er.
    To a clown flat earther drinking hydrogen peroxide in just one swift comment.

NBA lottery pick

Needs money.

There has been a lot of analysis on Jordan's defense. He's not all time level defender but definitely all-defense worthy for his position.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    It's funny you bring up Rasheed, I recently saw a vid of him from that same podcast I believe of him saying Maurice Lucas was a better player than Bill Walton during their '77 title run, dude is obviously clueless.

I have heard that from a couple people. One of them being Bill Walton himself who is just that way. Lucas was so influential in his life he named his son after him. That’s where Luke gets his name. If you asked Bill, he would tell you, Lucas was the heart of the team and was the reason he was able to do what he did. He took the most physical matchups and drew the attention and protected everybody. And on top of it, he actually led that team in scoring in the playoffs. He wasn’t better than Walton but if it happened the same way today, he would fill the role of the great teammate the haters would say was really the key.

I do wonder if he’s one reason Bill had his only stretch of health those couple years. He couldn’t stay healthy till Lucas got there. He was on the team 2-3 years…Lucas arrived and they won the title immediately and he was finally healthy. Bill said some things along the lines of he took the physical pressure off him so he could play the total game but that’s Bill. He praises everyone who ever walked by. He called Lucas the greatest Blazer of all time, even before he passed away though.

Part of what made Bill such a great player. He absolutely didn’t give a shit about his personal perception. Just wanted to win. Luckily Lucas was the same. At least at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Sheed has said a lot of very honest, unfiltered things in his life.

But this is the only one which LOST him ALOT of CREDIBILITY. With EVERYBODY.

Whatever he says in the future will always be brought into doubt now,
    Just cause he said this insanely stupid sh!t
    Idk if he lost a lot of credibility, he's just yapping. He didn't really make a strong argument against Jordan because he didn't even evaluate his D outside of saying that MJ gambled for steals, and he could have meant that Jordan wasn't impacting the D on a level that a big man could, which I'd agree with as well, but Jordan for a SG was as good of a defender as it gets. His only real argument was that Jordan got the DPOY and all those defensive team selections because of his popularity. Bulls went from a mediocre D to top 3 in '88, and Jordan led his team in both steals and blocks by a significant margin.

Does sound like he's just hating. At least he has KAJ as the GOAT which I can respect.

Very interesting...

Gilbert Arenas had a response to this with a bit more insight:

Timestamp 1:42:03

That guy sucking Jordans D didn't help sheed

Who was that Muslim that got barred again from the league? If you watch the game he went off on the bulls, Jordan in the video told Scottie to switch and take him because he was getting slapped.

I thought that was cowardly. Sheeds not wrong, he's a great help defender but he's not quick enough on his feet to be a great man defender. Tmac had a ball with Jordan when he came back, even if it was old Jordan tmac was embarrassing him to the point he didn't belong in the league

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paksat View Post
    That guy sucking Jordans D didn't help sheed

Who was that Muslim that got barred again from the league? If you watch the game he went off on the bulls, Jordan in the video told Scottie to switch and take him because he was getting slapped.

I thought that was cowardly. Sheeds not wrong, he's a great help defender but he's not quick enough on his feet to be a great man defender. Tmac had a ball with Jordan when he came back, even if it was old Jordan tmac was embarrassing him to the point he didn't belong in the league
    Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf. You're speaking of the game in 1996 where MJ almost single-handedly brought the Bulls back from like a 30 point deficit on the road?? Give me a playoff series where MJ was getting burned.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 02-02-2024 at 10:53 PM.