Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron potentially getting traded

If that happens, it means LeBron has informed Pelinka he is opting out in the summer and will be playing his final season next year with Bronny.

Lakers can get something now rather than lose Lebron for nothing in the summer. I think D'lo is also going to be traded for the same reason - Lakers don't want to lose him for nothing when he opts out in the summer. I'm convinced that Murray trade will go down next week. Lakers could potentially rebuild between now and the summer. I don't think Ham is going to last past the summer either.

You can potentially go into the offseason with AD, Murray, Reaves, Rui, and Vanderbilt to build around. And hire a new coach around that core.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Winning is probably even more important to the Lakers
    Winning is more important to Laker fans. The fans don't own the team. The Buss siblings and their kids own the team. The minutes you trade James your team loses value. Your commercial time losses value. The ad space in your arena loses value. And when you trade James are you making your team a contender or are you rebuilding for 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    If that happens, it means LeBron has informed Pelinka he is opting out in the summer and will be playing his final season next year with Bronny.

Lakers can get something now rather than lose Lebron for nothing in the summer. I think D'lo is also going to be traded for the same reason - Lakers don't want to lose him for nothing when he opts out in the summer. I'm convinced that Murray trade will go down next week. Lakers could potentially rebuild between now and the summer. I don't think Ham is going to last past the summer either.

You can potentially go into the offseason with AD, Murray, Reaves, Rui, and Vanderbilt to build around. And hire a new coach around that core.
    You're not keeping AD if LeBron is traded lol

Thats… not good.

If they trade Lebron they should trade Davis too. He is not a franchise 1A. If he’s not playing for a ready made contender he will just go thru the motions to get his check.

Building a new team around him would be a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Winning is more important to Laker fans. The fans don't own the team. The Buss siblings and their kids own the team. The minutes you trade James your team loses value. Your commercial time losses value. The ad space in your arena loses value. And when you trade James are you making your team a contender or are you rebuilding for 5 years?
    It could be a quick rebuild. You can do two separate trades right now. One centered around Lebron and other around D'lo/JHS/FRP. Could get 2 good starters off the bat then rebuild bench in the summer with new coach.

Decent college freshman

Who's Murray?

I think you could get Tracy Murray but he's retired and out of shape, got to add a solid bench player at least for lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by LAL View Post
    Who's Murray?

I think you could get Tracy Murray but he's retired and out of shape, got to add a solid bench player at least for lebron.
    Dejounte Murray

Dejounte Murray
    He doesn't follow NBA he doesn't know who that is.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    You're not keeping AD if LeBron is traded lol
    You really believe he likes lebron or playing with him?? Of course he's staying, he'd be happier.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

It could be a quick rebuild. You can do two separate trades right now. One centered around Lebron and other around D'lo/JHS/FRP. Could get 2 good starters off the bat then rebuild bench in the summer with new coach.
    AD and a few good starters is the kind of team AD left behind in NO.

Decent college freshman

Dejounte Murray
    I forgot, thought you meant Jamal (wtf). Yeah Dejounte would be perfect replacement for the lazy old man but doubt he wants to go to Atlanta.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    AD and a few good starters is the kind of team AD left behind in NO.
    Players love LA for the city and marketability unlike NO.

Blade is a good guy but can't say I wouldn't enjoy seeing a lot of Lakers fans fume about seeing them become Pistons West

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Thats… not good.

If they trade Lebron they should trade Davis too. He is not a franchise 1A. If he’s not playing for a ready made contender he will just go thru the motions to get his check.

Building a new team around him would be a huge mistake.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they could do better without Lebron this season.

Rui and Reaves unleashed.

Long term, probably not.

Maybe he wants to wait around for Luka though. Could happen next year already if Luka forces his way out because Mavs **** up again in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by LAL View Post
    I forgot, thought you meant Jamal (wtf). Yeah Dejounte would be perfect replacement for the lazy old man but doubt he wants to go to Atlanta.
    No, Lebron wouldn't go to Atlanta. Re-read my post.