Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Tony Snell needs a team to sign him for one day.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Tony Snell needs a team to sign him for one day.

Is it safe to assume the stance for most people is that “He’s made enough money, so **** him!”?

Im sure that’s the position of many here. Just wondering how widespread it is.

Sign him up and waive him the next day.

Udonis Haslem stayed in the league for 40 years.

Good High School Starter

That's unfortunate for him but my heart doesn't bleed for a guy who made in excess of 50 million in career earnings pre taxes and also pre endorsements.

My heart doesn't bleed for the NBA either.

I guess what I'm really saying is I just don't care.

Good High School Starter

On a semi unrelated note, I think this topic is extremely glossed over in schools. It really feels like there needs to be an entirely mandatory entire 2 years dedicated to fiscal responsibility and finances in high school, but it'll never happen. Consumerism drives the US economy and thus arguably the globe's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post
    That's unfortunate for him but my heart doesn't bleed for a guy who made in excess of 50 million in career earnings pre taxes and also pre endorsements.

Same here. I'd be ashamed and feel a failure as a man if I needed to rely on some pension or retirement medical benefits after making 8 figures over a handful of years as an able- bodied man. It would be different if he himself was suffering from some debilitating illnes.

At the same time, nobody cares about billionaires paying out what amounts to sofa coins.

I don't feel bad for him, but give him the contract. It's nothing for a billion dollar organization.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Is it safe to assume the stance for most people is that “He’s made enough money, so **** him!”?

Im sure that’s the position of many here. Just wondering how widespread it is.

Uhhh no. Only if it's Lebron.

On a semi unrelated note, I think this topic is extremely glossed over in schools. It really feels like there needs to be an entirely mandatory entire 2 years dedicated to fiscal responsibility and finances in high school, but it'll never happen. Consumerism drives the US economy and thus arguably the globe's.
    Absolutely and these athletes have it even worse. They often come from lower class households and suddenly they're millionaires. They have absolutely no feel what this amount this money means. Both in a positive and negative way.

And then there are players that understand it, but can't deal with it, trust some expert with their money and lose it all.

I don't think that works honestly. People will do what they want.

For example, 99% of the world has been indoctrinated since a young child to believe that eating healthy is the right thing. There's no doctors, teachers, or really anyone who says "eating junk food is a good thing". Yet ultimately 40% of the US is obese (72% considered overweight).

Even people of financial means to be able to eat whatever they want still become out of shape.

Unless someone has 100% immersion, it's hard to say what impact schooling has on these things. 100% immersion = Everyone at home is in shape and only eats healthy, at school they only eat healthy, on TV everything skews towards healthy eating. But even then there has to be some very strong internal desire to eat healthy for it to stick.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

"**** him" is a lot harsher than my attitude but the sympathy I feel for him is about having two kids with autism more so than his finances. He's made several times what I have. But my kids don't have autism and from what I've seen of autistic kids having two would be a nightmare. Hopefully advances in caring for kids with that make his kids better than what I've seen, which is largely situations where the kids wete not really being treated. I absolutely would not trade positions with him, even with him having played in the NBA and made 50mil.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

If he blew through all that money that's just irresponsible

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

We know you are a piece of shit who has no empathy for people…u didn’t need to remind us

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    We know you are a piece of shit who has no empathy for people…u didn’t need to remind us
    If you want to go down the empathy route. Snell made enough to take care of hundreds of autistic children. He could have set up a school or an activity group for disabled kids.

I still think he should get signed for a day but if you want to be real he could have taken care of his disabled kids and many others facing the same problems.