Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: We really gonna ignore how Curry is gonna have a 3 point contest against a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    If the NBA AND WNBA wanted to profit they should do a NBA rookies vs WNBA Allstars and put it on PPV. The revenue alone would be able to pay all the WNBA salary
    Just being real, you're delusional if you think people would pay PPV prices to see a bunch of NBA players they've never heard of destroy WNBA ones

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: We really gonna ignore how Curry is gonna have a 3 point contest against a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    It's a fake contest. Put that shit on the NBA 3 point line.
    there is absolutely no reason to put the woman at the greater disadvantage of shooting on a line that isn’t the one they play on. She did for the record say she is willing to do it because people want her at that disadvantage as if a shooter of Steph’s ability needs it but there is no rational reason to give either side home court advantage. They use a slightly different ball and shoot from the international line. Having One change the routine and shoot from where the other is comfortable is a greater rig than both doing what they always do.

you get used to what you practice. At this point, I suspect if the NBA changed to the international line everyone else uses players like Steph would still shoot from the same place. For an event that is just simulated practice?

Shoot where you normally shoot. Steph wouldn’t want to have people say he made the woman go outside her routine and take his shots.

She might do it but Steph of all people doesn’t need an advantage in a shooting contest. The extreme majority of basketball isn’t played in the NBA. There is no reason to use NBA rules in a shooting contest. If you had to go one or the other sticking to the worldwide standard would be more fair. The WNBA, euroleague, fiba, and ncaa all use the same one. The nba is the outlier. The outlier shouldn’t be the default in a contest across leagues.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    If the NBA AND WNBA wanted to profit they should do a NBA rookies vs WNBA Allstars and put it on PPV. The revenue alone would be able to pay all the WNBA salary
    You would pay $15 to watch such a stupid exhibition? Because I wouldn't. Everyone already knows that men are more explosive athletes and bigger. Who wants to watch a bunch of ladies getting dunked on? Why would any NBA rookie want to participate in that? Probably get talked about like they're hitting women.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Would be more interesting to me with alternating distances. It makes sense this way because it's what they practice but this way you can't really compare. If both shot from the other distance as well it would show more. I'm not sure Curry would do better from a shorter distance and I'm sure Ionescu's accuracy would seriously drop from the NBA 3pt line. It's some nice fun though and I see no reason why the girl can't win this.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    James would lose, actually. A one in one game where a man's advantages in size strength and athleticism would be unfair. A shooting contest with a great female shooter really isn't. Curry maybe should win but James would definitely lose.
    Then why are they changing the rules for this contest if it is fair?

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post

Then why are they changing the rules for this contest if it is fair?
    They aren’t. They’re both shooting from where they always shoot from. She won the wnba contest which had the wnba/ncaa/fiba line. There is no change at all. They’re just doing both contests opposite each other.

I see nothing wrong with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    They aren’t. They’re both shooting from where they always shoot from. She won the wnba contest which had the wnba/ncaa/fiba line. There is no change at all. They’re just doing both contests opposite each other.
    This contest loses alot of luster with her shooting from a shorter distance. We saw 5 foot Kevin Hart who never practices almost beating Draymond in a 3 point contest, both shot from the same range, it was entertaining to see. This is just weak imo

If you think the greatest shooter of all time needs a woman to be disadvantaged by taking the shot he is comfortable with to be entertained by a shooting contest that’s your business but there’s nothing rational about it. Steph Curry doesn’t need a handicap in his favor. They should both shoot the shots they work on. She’s just getting pressure to come out and do a contest from a line only one league of thousands uses because frankly….a lot of people are idiots and insecure. She shoots on the world standard three-point line used by women and men. There’s absolutely no reason beyond wanting to rig it against her for her to go to the line only 400 people out of half a billion players uses.

You put them both on the standard line Steph would likely be more comfortable shooting from where he practices anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    If you think the greatest 'long distance' shooter of all time needs a woman to be disadvantaged by taking the shot he is comfortable with to be entertained by a shooting contest that’s your business but there’s nothing rational about it. Steph Curry doesn’t need a handicap in his favor. They should both shoot the shots they work on. She’s just getting pressure to come out and do a contest from a line only one league of thousands uses because frankly….a lot of people are idiots and insecure. She shoots on the world standard three-point line used by women and men. There’s absolutely no reason beyond wanting to rig it against her for her to go to the line only 400 people out of half a billion players uses.

You put them both on the standard line Steph would likely be more comfortable shooting from where he practices anyway.
    ftfy

Get it done Silver. This woman wants to compete.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

If anything it shows Curry isn't insecure and has the balls to face possible humiliation. He's not going to get any respect for beating a girl, but if he loses you clowns will have a field day with it.

Unlike LeCoward who despite having GOAT athleticism never even participated in a dunk çontest against his own male peers.

Get it done Silver. This woman wants to compete.

If Steph does he wouldn’t want the advantage of the other side coming to his rules. Man or woman outside the nba they use the fiba/college line outside high school. The GOAT shouldn’t need anyone at the disadvantage of shooting his shots. And he shouldn’t shoot anyone else’s either.

Everyone shoot your usual shot. If he has one vs whoever the best in the euroleague it should be the same. Dont move Steph off his spot or anyone off theirs. If it’s me vs you from different leagues we can’t make the rules be only what either side is used to.

Steph would look shook even suggesting it. The best isn’t supposed to be demanding home rules advantage. And vs a woman?

Hed never do such a thing. He strikes me as a competitor.

Just imagine the hate LeBron would get if he did something like that.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-point-contest
    it is the NBA and the ghoul of a commissioner that is a clown.

why the hell do they let non NBA players take part in this such a lame gimmick