Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: LeBron & Ime Udoka get into an exchange, Udoka gets ejected

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Reggie was a snake with that stuff too. Doesn't make Lebron any less of one.

That coach he baited literally did nothing though. He laid 0 hands on lebron and didn't make any demonstrative movements and got tossed. Go watch the video again. That's bullshit.

Reggie got dudes so mad they were trying to strangle him and even then they still didn't get tossed. (In MJs case... Starks did lol)
    Bait him into what? Udoka started it lol.

And if you listen to what was said instead of escalating it and ACTUALLY baiting him, Lebron tried to do the opposite and calm him down being actually way too respectful.

Local High School Star

LeBron handled that diplomatically. I think we're all searching for middle-ground responses in the face of aggression. Someone calls you a bitch it's very easy to fly off the handle, and strike the person like Rudy Gobert did to Kyle Anderson. It's a natural Fight-Flight response. The flight response would be pretend you didn't hear it or it doesn't matter- which is also the wrong move as it's cowardly and encourages the aggressor.

If someone called me a bitch, my instinct would be to get in their face. But that escalates. What James did here was de-escalate by being reasonable- saying that that word shouldn't be used so easily. What an intelligent way to put it. You stand up to the person, show them they're wrong, while being the bigger person.

Meanwhile I have nothing positive to say about Udoka in this encounter. It's beneath an NBA coach to bark at a player, calling them an epithet.

It's honestly a pathetic, unprofessional look. I can only imagine how foul the league would be if every coach brought the game down to that level. Coaches set the standard of behavior by how they act and Udoka fell well below the bar. Udoka's response to James's comment that we shouldn't use that term so loosely also failed the test- seemingly threatening LeBron to a fight. In short, as a coach, as the leader of the team, to say that he failed in the interaction is to put it mildly.

If you had no other information or context, judging by the maturity by which they interacted, I would have suspected James was the coach and Udoka was the hot-headed, immature player.

Just today, I had some guy in the elevator basically threaten to fight me because my elbow touched his back by accident in a crowded elevator. We never want to seem weak, but at the same time, as adults, we want to be mature in defusing the conflict.

Props to LeBron for showing a mature way to defuse a conflict caused by someone else's aggression.

I read the exchange. I had no idea a NBA coach could be so unprofessional... then again I don't think Ime has a good track record of acting like a professional.

At the end of the day they're all colleagues and Lebron, like him or not has done a lot for the league which deserves some respect.

Lebron broke Ime.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nb1 View Post
    Bait him into what? Udoka started it lol.

And if you listen to what was said instead of escalating it and ACTUALLY baiting him, Lebron tried to do the opposite and calm him down being actually way too respectful.

The Lakers were up double digits in the 4th quarter and then started acting like tough guys against a rookie team. Chest bumping them and initiating a scuffle. So the coach called them out for being fake tough guys aka bitches.

This isn't a corporate setting bro. It's sports. It's actually a violent game. These guys aren't working in cubicles at computers. So yea there will be some trash talk. And it makes the viewing experience better tbh.

Whoever complained about trash talking in the NBA? The Golden era in the 80s and 90s makes this shit look like patty cake.

You guys would be flipping your lid if you heard what MJ and Bird were saying to opponents.
    Last edited by tpols; 12-05-2023 at 01:55 PM.

udoka is used to strutting around and grabbing asses of coworkers

he didnt realize we're the ones grabbing asses around here

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    The Lakers were up double digits in the 4th quarter and then started acting like tough guys against a rookie team. Chest bumping them and initiating a scuffle. So the coach called them out for being fake tough guys aka bitches.

This isn't a corporate setting bro. It's sports. It's actually a violent game. These guys aren't working in cubicles at computers. So yea there will be some trash talk. And it makes the viewing experience better tbh.

Whoever complained about trash talking in the NBA? The Golden era in the 80s and 90s makes this shit look like patty cake.

You guys would be flipping your lid if you heard what MJ and Bird were saying to opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    LeBron handled that diplomatically. I think we're all searching for middle-ground responses in the face of aggression. Someone calls you a bitch it's very easy to fly off the handle, and strike the person like Rudy Gobert did to Kyle Anderson. It's a natural Fight-Flight response. The flight response would be pretend you didn't hear it or it doesn't matter- which is also the wrong move as it's cowardly and encourages the aggressor.

If someone called me a bitch, my instinct would be to get in their face. But that escalates. What James did here was de-escalate by being reasonable- saying that that word shouldn't be used so easily. What an intelligent way to put it. You stand up to the person, show them they're wrong, while being the bigger person.

Meanwhile I have nothing positive to say about Udoka in this encounter. It's beneath an NBA coach to bark at a player, calling them an epithet.

It's honestly a pathetic, unprofessional look. I can only imagine how foul the league would be if every coach brought the game down to that level. Coaches set the standard of behavior by how they act and Udoka fell well below the bar. Udoka's response to James's comment that we shouldn't use that term so loosely also failed the test- seemingly threatening LeBron to a fight. In short, as a coach, as the leader of the team, to say that he failed in the interaction is to put it mildly.

If you had no other information or context, judging by the maturity by which they interacted, I would have suspected James was the coach and Udoka was the hot-headed, immature player.

Just today, I had some guy in the elevator basically threaten to fight me because my elbow touched his back by accident in a crowded elevator. We never want to seem weak, but at the same time, as adults, we want to be mature in defusing the conflict.

Props to LeBron for showing a mature way to defuse a conflict caused by someone else's aggression.
    This 1000%

Ime is showing his true colours.

Just a disgusting human being with zero morals.

Ime is such a coward here.

Takes a lot of guts to trash talk someone and then go on to say "watchu gonna do about it?" when you know the other guy cannot retaliate

It's like a chihuahua barking yet if you kick the damn dog it will be seriously injured and most likely die and then you'll be the bad guy.