Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default Re: The Magic are on pace to win 59 games.

They will 100% fall off from that pace.

If Fultz becomes more assertive and confident, yes they can. Hes their best player and he doesnt even know it

theyve played cupcakes

50 win team in the West

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

This is surprise team of the year... have not seen a game yet .. will have to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Zero people here think that’s happening….right?

Or do the Magic have believers that this isn’t a massive fluke due to turn into a play in spot any minute now?
    I have no idea what to think of the Magic.

They have no top tier players on that team (currently, they have several with potential!) which is usually the best indicator that a team is overachieving. Jazz last year was a super easy prediction for them to come back down to earth...Rockets this year was/is as well (they'll be good in a year or two but right now they are overachieving)

...but I'm impressed with them. I think they'll fall out of a top 4 team in the Eastern conference by the end of the year but they are very solid.

Always a fan of small market teams being good

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post

They have no top tier players on that team (currently, they have several with potential!) which is usually the best indicator that a team is overachieving. Jazz last year was a super easy prediction for them to come back down to earth...Rockets this year was/is as well (they'll be good in a year or two but right now they are overachieving)

...but I'm impressed with them. I think they'll fall out of a top 4 team in the Eastern conference by the end of the year but they are very solid.

Jazz came back down to earth because they tanked after the trade deadline. Became quite apparent that Conley was the main reason they looked as good as they did. He's a winner

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    They're good. Not 59 wins good. I think about 42-45 wins is a fair estimate.
    44 wins would make the 31-33 the rest of the way. I don’t really see below .500 for them at this point.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Banchero's tweaked his ankle so that's concerning

Coach happy to slurp banchy's nuts again as he sees him flourishing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn View Post

Franz Wagner is a top tier player

I'm actually rooting for this team. Hopefully they stay good enough that we don't have to play them in the first round. I was telling a friend that I believe the Magic would beat the Celtics in a 7 game series. They just have our number the last couple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    44 wins would make the 31-33 the rest of the way. I don’t really see below .500 for them at this point.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went .500 rest of the way. Would still be a huge improvement from last season + potentally a 5-6 seed.

Their schedule is going to get tougher. They did have some wins vs really good teams too so I'm not saying it's a fluke, but going from 34 to 59 wins in a year is maybe a little too much for that team. They're still good but like 5-7 seed good and not an actual contender IMO. I'd like to be wrong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went .500 rest of the way. Would still be a huge improvement from last season + potentally a 5-6 seed.

Their schedule is going to get tougher. They did have some wins vs really good teams too so I'm not saying it's a fluke, but going from 34 to 59 wins in a year is maybe a little too much for that team. They're still good but like 5-7 seed good and not an actual contender IMO. I'd like to be wrong on this.
    We have the 22nd easiest schedule remaining. Finishing .500 the rest of the way would make us 45-37. I think we’re clearly better than that to go along with a weaker overall schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    100% not a fluke.

Defense is legit, best bench in the league, Franz and Paolo are all-star worthy, Suggs is All-Defensive Team worthy, Cole is 6MOTY worthy, and we are on an 8 game winning streak without our starting PG and C. Mosley got these boys cookin