Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Josh Giddey is packin a pippen

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    When you sign an NBA contract this is part of the responsibility. He can go work at Walgreen's if he doesn't want the negative attention. Regardless, in any dispute involving a minor, the bulk of the blame is going to fall on the other party.

In terms of league consequences and dealing with the conduct policy etc, thats fair.

Legally? From a criminal standpoint Im pretty sure you DONT get convicted if you were deceived or given the reasonable impression the person was legal age. It’s not surprised he isnt getting charged with anything.

Civil cases are always more ambiguous. You could be 100% innocent in the eyes of the law and still have a jury decide you owe $10,000,000 to someone for accidentally giving them a paper cut, or hurting their emotions. It’s basically anything goes. Theres no reasonable doubt, innocent til proven guilty burden of proof like in criminal law. The jury just hears the case and decides who owes what, and if the defendant is rich the jury almost always has a subconscious prejudice that theyre guilty and deserve to pay, regardless of the facts.

It’s a super low IQ affair.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Attorney Gloria Allred has confirmed that she is representing the family of the girl Oklahoma City Thunder guard Josh Giddey has been accused of having an improper relationship with. Allred has been a famous advocate for women in cases against powerful men and celebrities for decades. She did not elaborate in an e-mail response, saying: “We have no comment.”
    – via Cliff Brunt @ Washington Post
    Wow.

The US is such a lame country.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Wow.

The US is such a lame country.
    has its pros and cons like everywhere else

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    So she went to a club with a fake ID, hooked up with a teenage guy, bragged about it, the media ran him through the mud for being decieved, and now some scumbag lawyer and this tramp are gonna make millions for it. Unbelievable.
    Exactly what I said what happened while these dudes were saying giddy was doing pedo stuff

So how was he supposed to know when she lied and provided fake ID to get in? She the one that used deception to create the situation. And now is crying wolf to make money?

I understand it's the ****ed up society we live in that created this type of imbalance but that doesn't mean it's right or just.

Karma is gonna get both her and her lawyer for this. Curse coming on them.
    These guys literally have to take classes on how to avoid getting blackmailed by hoes. These guys are walking targets. Just like if you're walking around showing your money you need to be extra careful about getting robbed. Sure it's not fair but it's reality. Part of the whole deal.

So how was he supposed to know when she lied and provided fake ID to get in? She the one that used deception to create the situation. And now is crying wolf to make money?

I understand it's the ****ed up society we live in that created this type of imbalance but that doesn't mean it's right or just.

Karma is gonna get both her and her lawyer for this. Curse coming on them.
    karma will get him for being a pedo. tricked my ass. literally every pedo on "to catch a predator" used the same excuse.

ja morant flashes gun in strip club *OMGz, conduct detrimental to the NBA image, our white viewers are scared of his thuggish image, let's suspend him*

josh giddey sleeps with a high school girl *nba:nothing to see here*

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Exactly what I said what happened while these dudes were saying giddy was doing pedo stuff
    But he was 19 and she was underage. He was a "grown ass man." He should have known better.

The stupidity on this board knows no bounds. Even the most eloquent are as dumb as a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    yo isn't that ****ed up I called that shit way back? I been doin pedo shit since before most of yall were born!!

Edit: but on a more serious note, like I said before... you can kinda tell. It's not about how they look it's about how they act.

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 12-06-2023 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post
    But he was 19 and she was underage. He was a "grown ass man." He should have known better.

The stupidity on this board knows no bounds. Even the most eloquent are as dumb as a rock.

People did jump to conclusions and overreact a bit prematurely, but this kind of rhetoric does essentially the same. Misjudging or just having a different opinion on this topic doesnt make someone dumb as rocks.

Some of them, and Im not gonna name names like highwhey, happen to be well documented idiots, but thats due to a much longer track record of it.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 12-06-2023 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post
    yo isn't that ****ed up I called that shit way back? I been doin pedo shit since before most of yall were born!!

Edit: but on a more serious note, like I said before... you can kinda tell. It's not about how they look it's about how they act.

-Smak
    U wot?

….m8?

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    People did jump to conclusions and overreact a bit prematurely, but this kind of rhetoric does essentially the same. Misjudging or just having a different opinion on this topic doesnt make someone dumb as rocks.

Some of them, and Im not gonna name names like highwhey, happen to be well documented idiots, but thats due to a much longer track record of it.
    If it's true that he was 19, and she was 15 or 16 and lied about her age, this is all BS. Even if he knew she was 15, at 19? Dude is still a kid emotionally and psychologically. Give me a break.

Hell the guy is still a kid RIGHT NOW between the ears.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

It seems likes everyone who plays pippen esque is packin a pippen. Meanwhile, everyone who plays “Jordan style” is smuggling a jordan

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Goorjian has flown to the United States to meet Australia’s NBA-based players and this masthead confirmed he is scheduled to meet Giddey on Friday, December 15 (AEDT), when he will deliver a message of reassurance to the 21-year-old who is being investigated by the Newport Beach Police Department, in southern California, and the NBA.

– via Roy Ward @ Sydney Morning Herald

18 in California with no close in age exemption

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post

Dude trying to call teenagers having sex with each other pedos while he’s a 30 year old guy *********ing to girls that look like they are 14