Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Jamal Murray the Real MVP? Nikola Jokić....fraud? Denver Nuggets...

Nuggets without Jamal Murray are trash. 6-1 with him. 4-5 without him this season.

2022 NBA Playoffs without Jamal Murray 1st round exit.

2023 NBA Playoffs with Jamal Murray won the championship.

Nikola Jokić can't even get out the first round without Murray.

Meanwhile, LeBron took a scrub '07 Cavs team to the Finals.....

I'm not saying Nikola Jokić isn't good, but is he really this all time great multiple MVP player people make him out to be? Without Murray, Nuggets don't look like a threat at all.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Default Re: Jamal Murray the Real MVP? Nikola Jokić....fraud? Denver Nuggets...

9 game sample size is certainly enough to declare a multiple MVP a total fraud. Good thing we have geniuses like you looking out for all of us. LMMFAO.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    9 game sample size is certainly enough to declare a multiple MVP a total fraud. Good thing we have geniuses like you looking out for all of us. LMMFAO.
    You have zero reading comprehension. Didn't I say 2022 NBA Playoffs without Jamal Murray 1st round exit. That's a whole season....

OP must not have had TV privileges at the psych ward two years ago when Murray missed the entire season and Denver had a 48-34 record.

Not to mention that mpj missed almost the entire season as well.

AND they won the first round without Murray in 2021. OP needs to get back on his meds
    Last edited by tontoz; 11-26-2023 at 10:51 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    OP must not have had TV privileges at the psych ward two years ago when Murray missed the entire season and Denver had a 48-34 record.

Not to mention that mpj missed almost the entire season as well.
    Yet got bounced in the playoffs before even making the conference finals let alone Finals... let alone coming anywhere close to sniffing a championship.. again without Murray.

Like I stated, not a threat without Murray....

Facts Are Misleading

I think a good point to make is that anyone compared to Lebron as far as a floor raiser is unfair.

He's absolutely the GOAT at that. His issue is when their is sufficient talent around him he doesn't elevate the team nearly as much.

Jokic has proven to be a tremendous floor raiser too. Winning 48 games and getting bounced first round is an achievement considering if he was replaced with say a Vucevic that year they would have been picking top 5 in the draft.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    I think a good point to make is that anyone compared to Lebron as far as a floor raiser is unfair.
    facts

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Some of the worst analysis just looks at winning and doesn't think past that. If you insist on being so simplistic, how many games have they won without Jokic? Explain why Jokic getting a 30 point triple double is less important than whatever Murray does just because Murray is out there. His two points are more important than Jokic two points? That's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k View Post
    Yet got bounced in the playoffs before even making the conference finals let alone Finals... let alone coming anywhere close to sniffing a championship.. again without Murray.

Like I stated, not a threat without Murray....

Shifting the goalposts? What you actually said was

Nikola Jokić can't even get out the first round without Murray.
    When in fact they did get out of the first round without Murray in 2021. And their loss in 2022 was to the team win the title.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Explain why Jokic getting a 30 point triple double is less important than whatever Murray does
    I mean didn't Westbrook average a triple double one season? Just saying...

Again not saying Nikola Jokić isn't good. I'm saying the Nuggets look like pretenders without Murray. They don't look like a championship level threat.

I would think a multiple MVP player that a lot of people claiming is one of the all time greats could somehow make up for the lack of Murray. Instead, in 2022 lost in the first round without Murray. Other seasons without Murray got bounced out the playoffs and couldn't sniff a championship. With Murray, pretty much dominated the season and playoffs and won the championship. This season 6-1 with Murray and 4-5 without him. All in all, without Murray the Nuggets have a huge drop off.
    Last edited by Foster5k; 11-26-2023 at 11:09 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Again not saying Nikola Jokić isn't good. I'm saying the Nuggets look like pretenders without Murray. They don't look like a championship level threat.

I would think a multiple MVP player that a lot of people claiming is one of the all time greats could somehow make up for the lack of Murray. Instead, in 2022 lost in the first round without Murray. Other seasons without Murray got bounced out the playoffs and couldn't sniff a championship. With Murray, pretty much dominated the season and playoffs and won the championship. This season 6-1 with Murray and 4-5 without him. All in all, without Murray the Nuggets have a huge drop off.
    they aren't a championship threat without their 2nd best player. Is anyone?

NBA Superstar

How does that make him the real MVP?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Bringing up Westbrook is idiotic. No one is a contender with only one star. That's true historically and especially true in the era of collusion. Of course Murray is important but you take the stupid leap of saying that his importance means Jokic is less important.

Jesus Christ

Today's league is much more difficult. You need multiple high point scorers to succeed.