Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA All-star

Default Re: Pelicans will be a greater threat than the Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    If they could get BI Zion & CJ all healthy at the same time there would be a legitimate argument tbh but it doesn't seem like it's ever going to be the case. Pels need a trade.
    Nance Jr., Ryan + pick swaps for Derrick White

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

This is a decent take but i am high on both. These 2 teams are better than Kings and Thunder. Nuggets, Warriors, Lakers and Suns dont look so great. They are either injured a lot or don't have enough depth. We all know Clippers are a shtshow and will not be consistent. Mavericks are dangerous and will be a wild card. They are great at winning close games.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

They are good when healthy but they've been together a few years now and never been healthy. Meanwhile Minnie had developed a strong defensive identity and has a legit superstar.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    the Pelicans got played big time by the Gobert camp. back when the Jazz lost in the playoffs, the criticisms of Gobert's inaibility to stop premeter players flooded everywhere, now, he doesn't need to do that on the Wolves, but see what's gonna happen to Valančiūnas paired with McCollum who is a natural 2 when this happens.

they are missing the Trevor Ariza guy
    From what I've seen in the stuff posed around here he gets to play in the middle of the D where he can go out to the perimeter or fall back to the rim depending on the situation because everyone has bought in and he has other 7 footers at the rim and the perimeter to back him. Not trying to guard Mitchell and The Bum's guys too

Banned

I have to say that of all the young players in the league, I am most impressed by Zion & Edwards.

Zion isn't fast per se but he can go from 0-60MPH like no one I've seen, and may actually have the softest touch around the rim I've ever seen. I can see him becoming an "unstoppable".

Edwards believe it or not gives me flashes of Jordan. Not sure if he has it between the ears, and sure he's not quite as refined, but he has the complete set of moves and also the athleticism to match. Unlike most of these wing guys who either drive or shoot 3's and that's it... he actually has the mid range game to go with it too. In terms of just pure talent I think I would even put him above Tatum.

Future is bright for both of those guys I think, really bright. IF they can keep it together (or stay healthy in Zion's case).

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    From what I've seen in the stuff posed around here he gets to play in the middle of the D where he can go out to the perimeter or fall back to the rim depending on the situation because everyone has bought in and he has other 7 footers at the rim and the perimeter to back him. Not trying to guard Mitchell and The Bum's guys too
    Dennis Rodman

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    I have to say that of all the young players in the league, I am most impressed by Zion & Edwards.

Zion isn't fast per se but he can go from 0-60MPH like no one I've seen, and may actually have the softest touch around the rim I've ever seen. I can see him becoming an "unstoppable".

Edwards believe it or not gives me flashes of Jordan. Not sure if he has it between the ears, and sure he's not quite as refined, but he has the complete set of moves and also the athleticism to match. Unlike most of these wing guys who either drive or shoot 3's and that's it... he actually has the mid range game to go with it too. In terms of just pure talent I think I would even put him above Tatum.

Future is bright for both of those guys I think, really bright. IF they can keep it together (or stay healthy in Zion's case).
    again the big difference between Edwards and Zion or most of the guys always getting talked about is he's playing elite D too

Local High School Star

Sounds POSSIBLE.

lol

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Yikes

Banned

Don't know if I should blame Willie Green or just the modern philosophy in general.

I don't know why this team doesn't play through Zion. The guy is a monster and can also create yet he barely touches the ball it seems. It's almost like he's plan B. I really don't get it. He should be creating opportunities for the shooters, not the other way around.

He is currently 3rd on his team in field goal attempts. This is inexcusable. He's not a rookie anymore. And before anyone says well he's playing limited minutes, he's only playing 3 less minutes than BI and CJ.

Is this a Zion problem? Should he be demanding the ball more? Or has everyone just gone brain dead?

Just kinda don’t like the zion/Ingram fit and adding a 3rd high usage in cj doesn’t help either. Their role players are really good when healthy so there’s a good team there but maybe a trade could be made

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    Don't know if I should blame Willie Green or just the modern philosophy in general.

I don't know why this team doesn't play through Zion. The guy is a monster and can also create yet he barely touches the ball it seems. It's almost like he's plan B. I really don't get it. He should be creating opportunities for the shooters, not the other way around.

He is currently 3rd on his team in field goal attempts. This is inexcusable. He's not a rookie anymore. And before anyone says well he's playing limited minutes, he's only playing 3 less minutes than BI and CJ.

Is this a Zion problem? Should he be demanding the ball more? Or has everyone just gone brain dead?
    if Hawkins/Murphy can relish the Reggie Miller role, and they work on their trap, I can see them beating out teams that hadn't been together as long as they do.

Pels starting role players has taken a leap this season. Jonas and Herb has been great. CJ has also played great although on limited games.

For the wolves it's almost the opposite. Their star is the one taking a big leap this season. Ant has become a legit star player. And Gobert has found his groove back.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    Pels starting role players has taken a leap this season. Jonas and Herb has been great. CJ has also played great although on limited games.

For the wolves it's almost the opposite. Their star is the one taking a big leap this season. Ant has become a legit star player. And Gobert has found his groove back.
    Pels is roughly playing 12 deep while the Wolves at 10. there really aren't many advantage to playing 12 deep outside of back to backs