Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: Huffing and puffing

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    He had a game when he was in serious foul trouble for no reason and the next one when he was ejected for... very little reason. What ifs are bad but here is one anyway: In those two games he had

18/10/7
    9/5/5

Let's pretend those two games never happen. He sits out or something. His averages would be: 30.9 / 13.9 / 9.6 which is very close to 31/14/10. And he is not playing out of this world for his standards, he is not at the level he was in the playoffs last year. Still, even with those two bad games included, I think he has the highest PER and highest fantasy points ever. I'm not a fan of those stats or any advanced stats for that matter... but here is a list of some of the things he leads the league in:

FG made
    Rebounds
    TDs
    Win Shares
    Box +/-
    VORP
    PER
    FP

He is only 3rd in assists per game but the Nuggets missed tons of easy shots this year.

It will be interesting to see his peak year. I think we haven't seen it yet.
    Yeah, it’s pretty clear that he is still getting better. He’s much better on defense than he was, or maybe it’s that Malone has schemed the D away from his liabilities. His playmaking and rebounding are better than ever, while he is also looking to score more. Three point shot is a bit off.

So, we haven’t yet seen his peak, and I think that’s one of the things that keeps him interested. He probably doesn’t know how could he can get to be. And I suspect that once he starts to tail off in any significant way, he will retire.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Silent game. 21 points and 16 assists. First half was good, the 2nd not so much. Little effort put into defense and rebounding. It's a win so I'll take it.

Silent game. 21 points and 16 assists. First half was good, the 2nd not so much. Little effort put into defense and rebounding. It's a win so I'll take it.
    The foul discrepancy was embarrassing. It’s almost as if they needed to keep the game close because it’s on National TV.

I thought Joker was excellent down the stretch. It’s so clear that he’s running the team and that they are all on the same page. I would love to see these teams play with both at full strength. Right now, it’s unclear whether that’s ever going to happen.

Today's huffing and puffing proved to be insufficient.

36/13/14 along with 2 steals and 1 block with 0 turnovers and with a team leading +11. Tough loss.

He played excellent defense for a change. Probably his 2nd or 3rd best game for the season.
    Last edited by elementally morale; 12-03-2023 at 01:47 AM.

Hard to win shooting 6-25 from 3, especially when the other team shoots 16-34. Surprised the game was that close.

Well he’s now huffed and puffed to leading the league in total points, total rebounds, and total assists. Imagine what he could do if he got into shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    Well he’s now huffed and puffed to leading the league in total points, total rebounds, and total assists. Imagine what he could do if he got into shape.
    He could become an even better huffpuffer.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    what do you mean? He's in peak physical condition!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    what do you mean? He's in peak physical condition!
    Yesterday he ran so fast on several occasions getting back on defense it was hard to believe it was him. He usually runs the floor pretty well for his size but the last game he showed some real speed. Huffs and puffs his way to triple doubles pretty often but it was a different huffpuffing yesterday.

This is actually an interesting stat:

Huffing and puffing his way to 1 point for the team every 5.5 seconds of possession. Wow.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...3#post14858783

This is the worst half of basketball I've seen Jokic play in the last 2 years.

This is the worst half of basketball I've seen Jokic play in the last 2 years.
    Until now. The 2nd half is even worse. Looks like a total bum out there, LOL.

Says it all about the Clippers. What an insane waste of talent lol.

I didn't realize Jokic had put up 22/15/9

There's no way this is the worst game he's ever played.