Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: Huffing and puffing

A quiet Sombor double against the Lakers who played some great defense. Huffing and puffing was alright but nothing really special. Six turnovers, half of which were dumb. 24/13/9 and only on 9 of 20 shooting. Of those 11 misses at least 3 but I think 4 were blocked shots. It was a quiet day at the office with season averages but also some pretty good defense both played and played against. I guess it's a win and not much else.

I think home court advantage will be important and the chance of having that in the West is being largely decided by this road trip the Nuggets are on. Two more away games: Sacramento and Milwaukee. Big games.

I rule the local playground

Last night, he had a nearly perfect triple double with 21-19-15 on 10 for 10 shooting. Unfortunately, he was only 1 for 2 from the line. He needs to work on that to boost his efficiency. His true shooting was only 96.5%.

And in the all-star game he had the largest number of entertaining moments - the fake tomahawk jam; the failed dunk to close the game; complaining to the ref after Bam inbounded off his back; and the passing drill with Luka finishing with the no look dish to Shai. He was living up to his nickname.

A quiet 29-15-14 on 12 of 17 shooting. But to be fair, it was the tail end of a back to back. Star of this game was MPJ. And Gillespie had a surprisingly good night as well.

Rolling into shape at the right time. By the playoffs he may be good.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

couldn't possibly be in better shape!

Third triple double in a row. 32/16/16 with 4 steals. 16 assists is quite a lot but he should've had 20+. Teammates were missing tons of wide open threes and at least 2 open layups. Anyway, it's a road win. I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Third triple double in a row. 32/16/16 with 4 steals. 16 assists is quite a lot but he should've had 20+. Teammates were missing tons of wide open threes and at least 2 open layups. Anyway, it's a road win. I'll take it.
    Not just the third triple double ever, the first player ever to record 14+ rebounds and assists on three consecutive nights. Also, an excellent night for some Hotel.com commercials with him and PW. With the right plan, I’m pretty sure he could be marketable.

On the game, Nuggets played like crap for the first 20 minutes. Totally loose on D and giving up way too many Offensive rebounds. Then they stepped it up to end the half, and played playoff level ball for the first half of the third and for some stretches in the fourth.

Oh, and it’s great to see Braun playing with some confidence again.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Jokic should be winning his 4th straight MVP to be honest, shame voters felt bad for Embiid last season.

Only 14 14 and 11 last night with 3 steals and a block. It’s his fourth consecutive triple double, all of them completed before the end of the third. This game, he had the luxury of sitting out the fourth. And this stat line doesn’t begin to show how dominant he was in the second and third quarters.

Really bad game. Uninspired play, lots of turnovers and missed potential (and very makeable) game winner. 25 and 16 on 8 of 18 but it was a lot worse than it looks.

I know it's against the Grizzlies but 16 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists in the 1st quarter is a clear sign of someone starting to pull his sh!t together as far as getting into shape is concerned. No Aaron Gordon and no Jamal Murray but the Nuggets are up 16. It doesn't matter who Jokic plays with it seems.

Last game was a not-much-talked-about borderline triple double (26/18/16). Let's see the matchup against Wemby who went 42/20 the same night.

The game started with Jokic winning the jump ball. Then he missed almost all the three pointers he took (4 on the 1st quarter alone) but he was decent otherwise: 15 points and 8 rebounds in 12 minutes. Got one of his hesitation layups blocked by Wemby. The whole Q had the feeling of a pick-up game. The game is close but the Spurs are seriously undermanned and the Nuggets play down to the level of the competition unfortunately.

Jokic had 3 dunks in the 1st quarter. Before this game he had 12 or 13 all season. I doubt there is an NBA game in the Joker's career when he had 3 dunks in a quarter.
    Last edited by elementally morale; 04-02-2024 at 09:41 PM.

What a game.

Jesus Christ. What a block by Wemby. 9th for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Jesus Christ. What a block by Wemby. 9th for the game.
    He was really close to a quad double.

The game showed some awful shooting and some of those shots were ill advised. Two centers taking a combined 17 three pointers while making 3 of them is not something you want to see. Others were off as well: Jokic should have had 12 assists minimum but nothing went in. He finished with 42/16/6 but he didn't have as good a game as these stats suggest. I'll take the win.