Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kerr has completely lost the plot

Holy wall of angry text! You have been holding this in for a while now

What I see here is a good coach that doesn't have the all pieces of the sports car firing anymore, and is trying to do whatever he can and its not working.

A good coach is only as good as the pieces he gets from front office and what he has on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Holy wall of angry text! You have been holding this in for a while now

What I see here is a good coach that doesn't have the all pieces of the sports car firing anymore, and is trying to do whatever he can and its not working.

A good coach is only as good as the pieces he gets from front office and what he has on the board.
    They thought that getting cp3 will save the dynasty from falling but after what they've been through so far, it seems that he will be scapegoated later on if things don't improve for them. But if they have to keep on letting him play for most of the remaining games in the rs, then the 38 y.o. may have a hard time being in the right condition for the upcoming postseason.

Kerr has Draymond Green that is now old and slow but still serviceable, but can't shoot 3s.

Klay isn't shooting well and can't defend no more after all the surgeries.

Curry is the offence but he can't defend guards in this guards driven league.

CP3 is a fossil that needs to retire.

What horses does he have to run with? Wiggins?

A great dynasty that started in 2014-2015 suddenly got old in 2023-2024. That was a 9 year run. I'm surprised it lasted this long.

Myers quit at the right time. He knew you have to trade or give up on klay at this point but it’s hard to give up on the big 3. klay for lavine works really well. They’re legends who transformed the franchise. Spurs waited til Parker was washed and started him for too long, they were just fortunate they drafted kawhi and others. Tbf there is nothing Kerr can do about Wiggins right now except hope he bounces back. He’s worse than wolves Wiggins right now, even his effort is bad now

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Op acting as if the dubs didn't win four titles since 2015. Get a grip. The dynasty is freaking done.
    The little dweeb misses the point entirely. Even 2 or 3 years of that is more than enough success to be happy unless you are Lakers or Celtics. This is not about that. The team is not a contender anymore, but are fans not allowed to criticize or want improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    OP i think you expect GSW to trade Klay this season. You know that won't happen right? He will probably retire as a Warrior and a Splash Brother even though he has sucked for years now and was never as good as Draymond.

I know, and it drives me crazy. What's most frustrating is that Klay is without question unlike Draymond, one of the most self-centered all about me players in the entire league right now. I know it won't happen even though it obviously should happen.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    Klay, Dray, and Paul are all washed and overpaid. Not much you can do to overcome your cap blown on 3 guys who might not start on most playoff teams.

But I knew Kerr had lost it when he talked about playing Klay at PF and starting CP3. What a totally useless experiment that was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    trying to get your best players on the floor. Not like most teams are playing 2 bigs anymore. Memphis had Smart guarding Lauri
    Yes, and that's the problem. You can't start two PGs and an SG that isn't an SG anymore. This is about Kerr trying to fit Klay into the starting lineup. Then pandering to CP next. Kerr has been experimenting and completely failing with this idiotic 3 guard lineup since 2 seasons ago, he still does it! It still sucks, it still has a horrible defensive rating just like it did last year and the previous season before.

Klay playing PF is done purely because Kerr has lost all objectivity. He can't bench his ass, and now the guys Klay would defend.. are guys the 35 year old ATG is defending. They're burning out one of the best players ever so this fool of a coach can play the sentimental father.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    they're going to dump him so fast

they probably cant get a taker
    They can absolutely get a taker, the question is about whether they're willing to. Klay is on a 42mill expiring contract. You add someone like Joku and depending who else, 1 other pick and you have a great package for the right team.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Not playing Moody more is inexcusable IMO. Podziemski looks like he can play but if Moody had to rot on the bench to see time then so does he. Moody is clearly ready and has been.
    Kerr "Moody deserves more minutes. But we need to get Klay going."

This guy is an idiot. What is Klay going to get "going"? Outside of his shooting, he sucks at every other aspect of the sport right now. He's a bench microwave scorer in a championship contender, but Kerr thinks this guy is going to reshape the team. The only reason Moody isn't playing more is because of Kerr's insane insistence he has with Klay.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    Myers quit at the right time. He knew you have to trade or give up on klay at this point but it’s hard to give up on the big 3. klay for lavine works really well. They’re legends who transformed the franchise. Spurs waited til Parker was washed and started him for too long, they were just fortunate they drafted kawhi and others. Tbf there is nothing Kerr can do about Wiggins right now except hope he bounces back. He’s worse than wolves Wiggins right now, even his effort is bad now
    He basically semi-confirmed that. Everyone knows Klay should be traded.

Wiggins is a different story because unlike Klay, he offers other aspects to the the game than just scoring/shooting. Without his defending, this team's defense is completely cooked. He's starting to play much better on that end and looks more energized, I think it's just a matter of time before he gets it going. There's rumors he wasn't fit before the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Kerr has Draymond Green that is now old and slow but still serviceable, but can't shoot 3s.

Klay isn't shooting well and can't defend no more after all the surgeries.

Curry is the offence but he can't defend guards in this guards driven league.

CP3 is a fossil that needs to retire.

What horses does he have to run with? Wiggins?

A great dynasty that started in 2014-2015 suddenly got old in 2023-2024. That was a 9 year run. I'm surprised it lasted this long.
    Did you read anything I said?

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    curry's been surrounded by knuckleads and washed up former stars the last couple of years.

putting up with retards like poole and dray

then again dray does do a lot of the dirty work and poole did go off that 2021 run

the real struggle is watching klay cost them after game with his cold shooting. that 6-game losing streak curry was actually hooping he literally just needed one other player to step and pitch in with the scoring.

its pretty obvious that they're going to get rid of klay first chance they get.
    The smart play would be to have traded both Poole and Dray.

Trading Klay would be sad cuz he's been riding so hard, even if he is trash. I blame Dray. If they get rid of Klay and keep Dray, they buggin. I legit think there is something wrong with that team on the inside, like this dude said, but I don't think it's Kerr.

-Smak

Not at all. All i want to say is that it's been only less than 20 games, there can still be hope in which they could win for some period of time and end up getting a decent playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post

Trading Klay would be sad cuz he's been riding so hard, even if he is trash. I blame Dray. If they get rid of Klay and keep Dray, they buggin. I legit think there is something wrong with that team on the inside, like this dude said, but I don't think it's Kerr.

-Smak
    Trading dray is idiotic, he’s still good his contract is not bad and you wouldn’t get equal value in return since other teams wouldn’t trade a star for him. Klays expiring can get you a scorer. Someone like buddy hield is an upgrade over klay at this point

Local High School Star

Some good observations.

I hadn't realized the extent of nepotism in the org. Over-emphasis on small-ball, over-commitment to Warriors core, refusal to have tough discussions (see: Draymond-Poole last year as another example) - yes all agree.

Some other quick-hits on Kerr's and Front-Office's mistakes:

- Botched Poole trade. I agree Poole had to go but the dude had trade value. Trade him for a quality big to guard the Embid's, Jokic's of the world. But no, they settled for an old bench-tier player.

- No one to guard NBA's top big men: The last 5 MVP's are all big men. When GSW and Nuggets last faced off, Jokic dropped 35 on super-efficienct numbers (14-25). Looney, Saric don't cut it. They've had years to find someone. But Kerr from his Bulls days thinks bigs don't matter. We miss the toughness and defense of the Bjelica's, Pachulia's, and Bogut's.

- Kerr assumes his quirky genius is why the Warriors won titles: Hence, infatuation with: small ball (he assumes small ball is why the Bulls and Warriors won; it's not). His infatuation with people he thinks are high IQ players (Iguodala in roster well after 'over the hill', Chris Paul). Kerr needs to admit he's not the reason, and stop sabotaging the team with his eccentric strategies.

- All his reputation of winning means Kerr can maintain bad habits without criticism. He keeps trying to live vicariously through second-rate white guards like Pozemski and Nico Mannion - giving them more responsibility than they should have. Last two years are the first I've seen the fanbase really criticize Kerr; that said, most of their criticism I believe is missing his real mistakes (maybe we're out of practice).

On areas we disagree:

- I do think the Warriors are in the hunt this year. I don't think they're odds on favorite; I'd give them a 10% chance.

- We won a ring with post-injury Klay 2 years ago. He's post injury Klay now. I don't think he got injured again in the last two years from when we won. Klay is capable of getting his groove back and it's not the first time he's been counted out.

- Front office is more to blame for the Warriors than Kerr. (in addition to the flaws I mentioned above: They keep shuffling players in and out- especially 2nd and 3rd unit. Chemistry matters.)

- This unit, effectively as it is today, won a ring 2 years ago. They didn't suddenly become washed and I don't think they are. Last year was a chemistry disaster (w/the Poole issue). This year is repairing from that. I think there will be a point this year they click again (like 2 years ago) and we'll be looking at our prospects differently.
    Last edited by bdonovan; 11-22-2023 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    Trading dray is idiotic, he’s still good his contract is not bad and you wouldn’t get equal value in return since other teams wouldn’t trade a star for him. Klays expiring can get you a scorer. Someone like buddy hield is an upgrade over klay at this point
    we'll see what happens. I still say Dray is one of the most cancerous players in the NBA.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post

-Smak
    The team has a defensive problem and you want to keep Klay whose a cone and trade one of the 3 great defenders on the team? Might as well trade Steph at that point and go full tank mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Not at all. All i want to say is that it's been only less than 20 games, there can still be hope in which they could win for some period of time and end up getting a decent playoff spot.
    This is not about being early or late into the season. These issues have persisted for years, it's not a 23-24 problem. He keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again and unless something drastic changes, it's joever.

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    Some good observations.

I hadn't realized the extent of nepotism in the org. Over-emphasis on small-ball, over-commitment to Warriors core, refusal to have tough discussions (see: Draymond-Poole last year as another example) - yes all agree.

Some other quick-hits on Kerr's and Front-Office's mistakes:

- Botched Poole trade. I agree Poole had to go but the dude had trade value. Trade him for a quality big to guard the Embid's, Jokic's of the world. But no, they settled for an old bench-tier player.

- No one to guard NBA's top big men: The last 5 MVP's are all big men. When GSW and Nuggets last faced off, Jokic dropped 35 on super-efficienct numbers (14-25). Looney, Saric don't cut it. They've had years to find someone. But Kerr from his Bulls days thinks bigs don't matter. We miss the toughness and defense of the Bjelica's, Pachulia's, and Bogut's.

- Kerr assumes his quirky genius is why the Warriors won titles: Hence, infatuation with: small ball (he assumes small ball is why the Bulls and Warriors won; it's not). His infatuation with people he thinks are high IQ players (Iguodala in roster well after 'over the hill', Chris Paul). Kerr needs to admit he's not the reason, and stop sabotaging the team with his eccentric strategies.

- All his reputation of winning means Kerr can maintain bad habits without criticism. He keeps trying to live vicariously through second-rate white guards like Pozemski and Nico Mannion - giving them more responsibility than they should have. Last two years are the first I've seen the fanbase really criticize Kerr; that said, most of their criticism I believe is missing his real mistakes (maybe we're out of practice).

On areas we disagree:

- I do think the Warriors are in the hunt this year. I don't think they're odds on favorite; I'd give them a 10% chance.

- We won a ring with post-injury Klay 2 years ago. He's post injury Klay now. I don't think he got injured again in the last two years from when we won. Klay is capable of getting his groove back and it's not the first time he's been counted out.

- Front office is more to blame for the Warriors than Kerr. (in addition to the flaws I mentioned above: They keep shuffling players in and out- especially 2nd and 3rd unit. Chemistry matters.)

- This unit, effectively as it is today, won a ring 2 years ago. They didn't suddenly become washed and I don't think they are. Last year was a chemistry disaster (w/the Poole issue). This year is repairing from that. I think there will be a point this year they click again (like 2 years ago) and we'll be looking at our prospects differently.
    I agree with everything you said about Kerr, and I blame the FO as well but wanted to focus to the coach's ridiculous problems.

Klay was an elite role player in 22, where his value was on the same level as Looney who had the best PS of his career and JP who had a 65% as a super elite microwave scorer (will never come close to replacating this again). Warriors flat out don't have a scorer of the bench that can create his own shot like this anymore, which is a huge issue. Klay and Dray are also two years older, the time where players fall off a cliff. Don't look at Steph, Lebron, or KD. These guys are freaks. Aliens. They shouldn't even be looked at as exceptions because they're at exceptional and 1 in 500 million. 99% of NBA players fall off a cliff right around the age Klay and Draymond are at. Even if Klay is able to shoot better, it doesn't change that he's worse at cutting this year than the previous year and has become an even worse defender. And he spent all summer practicing so we can't use the idea that he's not "fit". He's just washed. I expect his shooting to get better but there's so many other holes in his game that make an incredible liability.

A huge issue is that this dude is playing the second highest minutes and his rotations are with Steph. That means that since he is defending PF, Steph is a lot of time the POA defender. He's going to break down by the time the playoffs hits.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    The team has a defensive problem and you want to keep Klay whose a cone and trade one of the 3 great defenders on the team? Might as well trade Steph at that point and go full tank mode.

It's obv that something is wrong with Klay. He used to be all nba d. He's a pouty person. But do u, haha. Hope it works out for GSW.

-Smak

More 3+ guard lineups from Kerr. This dude has completely lost his mind at this point.

Luckiest coach in nba history