Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Chet Holmgren: Better than Wemby? The OTHER rookie unicorn [Thinking Basketball]

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Chet is just so much more polished. Much better shooter and ball handler. Sets proper screens and knows where to be and when. Doesn't shy away from physicality. Victor has 20+ pounds on him but plays much softer. It's a mindset.
    20 lbs spread over 6 additional inches in height doesn't really give you a physicality advantage.

I wouldn't say he's much more polished either. Wembanyana has been hitting shots from all over the court and is silky smooth in his movements.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Chet Holmgren: Better than Wemby? The OTHER rookie unicorn [Thinking Basketball]

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    20 lbs spread over 6 additional inches in height doesn't really give you a physicality advantage.

I wouldn't say he's much more polished either. Wembanyana has been hitting shots from all over the court and is silky smooth in his movements.
    Ahhhh, that is overdoing it. He is smooth for his size, but still quite herky jerky.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Ahhhh, that is overdoing it. He is smooth for his size, but still quite herky jerky.
    Haven't seen that imo.

I wonder for how along Pop is going to let Wembanyama get away with thinking he is a wing.

All that dribbling into middies may look fancy and impressive for a guy that big but it's still a guy that big doing it and the inefficiency (both shooting and high TOs) won't ever truly go away.

7 months later...

Facts Are Misleading

Chet has never been LIKE THAT. Those comparisons to KG have been proven to be so far off it makes you wonder wtf people are thinking typing that shit.

Wemby is generational.

Chet is a footnote of the era. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Chet has never been LIKE THAT. Those comparisons to KG have been proven to be so far off it makes you wonder wtf people are thinking typing that shit.

Wemby is generational.

I actually never heard anyone make a Chet-KG comparison, and I grant it's not the first comparison that would come to my mind, but to say it's 'so far off you wonder wtf people are thinking' after he just had 5 blocks in his playoff debut does seem like odd timing.

The thing I found strange today, with both Chet and Porzingis, is that neither even had an attempt on a rim running dunk off pick n roll, after having a lot of success doing that kind of thing during the regular season. These guys are long limbed and agile, they should be getting a handful of lobs every game for easy baskets. And in the regular season they did. Today they were both jump shooters with the occasional post up mixed in. There was no two man game involving them. It's a head scratcher because that seems like a pretty easy way to pick up points, and force the defense to adjust and open up things for the rest of your offense. Especially OKC who struggled shooting today, probably could have used a bit more of that.

I dunno if there was something the defenses did to keep those guys from getting to that or what, but I saw the majority of both games and it was noticeably absent.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post

Wemby is generational.

I think it's too early to make a call one way or the other.

Chet had a very good rookie season; it was one of the best of the 21st century. He was the second-best player on the one seed in the west and two seed in the entire NBA. Also, he's probably the most important player on the team because he's the only center that can protect the rim and make their offense work.

Chet is great and probably will have a HOF career barring injuries but if Wemby can have 12-15ish healthy seasons I genuinely think there’s a high chance he will be the GOAT.

NBA All-star

something needs to be done about cucks supporting cucks then intentionally gets into a car accident with other people because they are illiterate when it comes to the undeniable scientific fact that cucks don't have orgasms