Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default When Draymond Green punched Jordan Poole

Was it ever reported why Draymond Green punched teammate Jordan Poole at Warriors practice?

Supposedly it might have been about money and Jordan talking trash to him or something.

I wonder if Jordan was really really taunting him or if it was just a minor taunt and Dray totally lost it.

Draymond shouldn't have done it anyway of course.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: When Draymond Green punched Jordan Poole

"There are times where you enter the basketball gym and it's a sanctuary for a lot of us," Green told ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith. "You walk on that court and you lose yourself in the game you lose yourself and for that hour, hour and a half you lose yourself in the game. And there are times on the court where it just don't do that. That day, that week, I was dealing with something in my life so heavy. I don't wanna share exactly what that is, but that day I wasn't able to lose myself in that practice. And so because I was not able to lose myself in that practice, everything that was going on in camp, I'm already on ten."

Banned

I haven't seen anything on it. Which is why I don't get all the people that jumped onto slamming Green for it. It may have been completely deserved. So why take a side when you have no clue what actually happened?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Street Hunger View Post
    Was it ever reported why Draymond Green punched teammate Jordan Poole at Warriors practice?

Supposedly it might have been about money and Jordan talking trash to him or something.

I wonder if Jordan was really really taunting him or if it was just a minor taunt and Dray totally lost it.

I wanna say I saw something that poole supposedly called him a really expensive backpack for steph to carry. The rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    I haven't seen anything on it. Which is why I don't get all the people that jumped onto slamming Green for it. It may have been completely deserved. So why take a side when you have no clue what actually happened?
    Is this a serious question? Draymond isn’t a likable player for starters. Deserved or not from an optics standpoint it looks bad. Which is why the saying “what goes on in the lockeroom stays in the lockeroom”. Because of what’s said and/or done just won’t sit well with the general public. Like so.

Let it be known that others in the organization were getting tired of Poole well before the punching incident. He ended up getting a huge ego and wasn’t putting in the work he was before, and was making tons of low iq moves on the court that was frustrating everyone on the team. He got his ring and contract and thought he was a superstar now basically.

But it wasn’t just Dray who had problems with Poole, and that was a large reason why things got dealt with they way they did in the aftermath and how no one really cared. Kerr suggested Dray take Poole out for dinner and try to talk things out but Dray never did.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Let it be known that others in the organization were getting tired of Poole well before the punching incident. He ended up getting a huge ego and wasn’t putting in the work he was before, and was making tons of low iq moves on the court that was frustrating everyone on the team. He got his ring and contract and thought he was a superstar now basically.

But it wasn’t just Dray who had problems with Poole, and that was a large reason why things got dealt with they way they did in the aftermath and how no one really cared. Kerr suggested Dray take Poole out for dinner and try to talk things out but Dray never did.
    Take him out to dinner? Pause.

But anyway you can see why he punched him given Poole is now the “man” in DC. And acting a fool. It makes sense now after the fact. Didn’t back then.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Take him out to dinner? Pause.

But anyway you can see why he punched him given Poole is now the “man” in DC. And acting a fool. It makes sense now after the fact. Didn’t back then.
    Yeah. Before it seemed like everyone was placating draymond but now it seems like poole kinda had it coming.

For the dinner thing it is silly, but it shows that were all the measures the organization were willing to do about it. Hey take him out for dinner and talk it over maybe. That’s about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    "There are times where you enter the basketball gym and it's a sanctuary for a lot of us," Green told ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith. "You walk on that court and you lose yourself in the game you lose yourself and for that hour, hour and a half you lose yourself in the game. And there are times on the court where it just don't do that. That day, that week, I was dealing with something in my life so heavy. I don't wanna share exactly what that is, but that day I wasn't able to lose myself in that practice. And so because I was not able to lose myself in that practice, everything that was going on in camp, I'm already on ten."
    "I have no self control whatsoever"

JP is lucky Greymond didn't proceed to use his rib cage like a trampoline.

Poole was a d!ckhead and deserved it.

7-time NBA All-Star

bullshit. the media simply protected dray and treated him differently then they treated anyone else that punched someone.

look at you guys fabricating every excuse in the book for dray... Meanwhile, Carmelo, MJ, and many more guys that punched teammates never got those same excuses even though some of these guys were defending themselves and responding to physical aggression... Yet they didn't get those excuses because they weren't in the media themselves and weren't protected, so the media just called balls and strikes in their case

if the media was slamming draymond for the punch, so would you guys

all i see on this site is parroted mainstream narratives like how Lebron's game "evolved"... How exactly? Did he get a killer fadeaway? Did he learn to play off-ball and learn to do more than just standing there?.. Did he develop expert jumpshooting skill? How did his game evolve?.. He's been the primary ballhandler every year of his career except maybe last year and this year.. His game never evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    bullshit. the media simply protected dray and treated him differently then they treated anyone else that punched someone.

look at you guys fabricating every excuse in the book for dray... Meanwhile, Carmelo, MJ, and many more guys that punched teammates never got those same excuses even though some of these guys were defending themselves and responding to physical aggression... Yet they didn't get those excuses because they weren't in the media themselves and weren't protected, so the media just called balls and strikes in their case

if the media was slamming draymond for the punch, so would you guys

all i see on this site is parroted mainstream narratives like how Lebron's game "evolved"... How exactly? Did he get a killer fadeaway? Did he learn to play off-ball and learn to do more than just standing there?.. Did he develop expert jumpshooting skill? How did his game evolve?.. He's been the primary ballhandler every year of his career except maybe last year and this year.. His game never evolved.
    what? no. it’s apples to oranges

7-time NBA All-Star

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    what? no. it’s apples to oranges
    fights all start for the same reason.. someone pops off at the mouth or gets physically aggressive.. everything else is picking sides and choosing favorites..

Quote Originally Posted by Street Hunger View Post

All rumours. Arenas did have an inside scoop on the story a few weeks after Andre was on his pod, and the story is f*cking hilarious. I'd suggest you go on youtube and see it.