Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Celtics are a low key cheat code to start the season

Porzingis is easily averaging 20+ as 3rd or 4th option on a great chemistry team. This is partly due to Tatum's expert jumpshooting skill, which doesn't impose spot-up roles like a ball-dominator does and allows the ball to move rather than requiring the ball be primarily in 1 player's hands.

Porzingis is just ANOTHER example of high-scoring 3rd options, which doesn't happen for ball-dominators as we saw when Bosh, Love, Mo, or Ingram were 3rd options

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Porzingis is easily averaging 20+ as 3rd or 4th option on a great chemistry team. This is partly due to Tatum's expert jumpshooting skill, which doesn't impose spot-up roles like a ball-dominator does and allows the ball to move rather than requiring the ball be primarily in 1 player's hands.

Porzingis is just ANOTHER example of high-scoring 3rd options, which doesn't happen for ball-dominators as we saw when Bosh, Love, Mo, or Ingram were 3rd options

What were Michael's third options scoring?

It is impressive how screwball can find a way to work his agenda into any random thread.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

You always talk out of your ass. The biggest difference Tatum and Porzingis have made for each other is that Porzingis gets open looks all over the floor, both lobs and threes, while Tatum has more space to post up his man in the paint. The easier layups he has gotten so far (it's still early) have led to Tatum scoring more efficiently. Tatum's jumper comes and goes but his post ups will always work if he has space.

A normal poster wouldn't talk like you do about teams and players they never watch but you seem to enjoy being a stupid jackass.

NBA Superstar

Half of Porzingis’s shot attempts are catch and shoot. 80% of the time he isn’t dribbling.

Good college starter

According to one MVP odds formula the Celtics have three players who are top 10 candidates: Tatum, Porzingis, and White.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    According to one MVP odds formula the Celtics have three players who are top 10 candidates: Tatum, Porzingis, and White.
    As much as I would love to see White take mvp this is further proof that it's too early for a serious mvp conversation.

showdown with the bucks is inevitable

jrue is a baller and might be the difference in the series

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    As much as I would love to see White take mvp this is further proof that it's too early for a serious mvp conversation.
    I think he could have a legit case for DPOY come March/April.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    I think he could have a legit case for DPOY come March/April.
    People could just feel like he should get some award and give it to him but it's hard to say who the best Celtic defender is. We saw Holiday shut down Julius Randle and he's averaging almost two blocks while porzingis had been excellent protecting the basket while still being able to challenge threes. I'm just going to wait and see who does what long term.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Yea they definitely upgraded. Jrue is just as good as Smart if not better, and Porzingis provides the same rim protection Williams did but he's 20x the offensive weapon. Celtics Warriors rematch would probably go Bostons way this time.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

I genuinely think Jaylen Brown is the 5th best player on the Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    I genuinely think Jaylen Brown is the 5th best player on the Celtics

And yet on the Lakers he would be Lebron's BEST teammate.

Let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    showdown with the bucks is inevitable

jrue is a baller and might be the difference in the series
    I really, really want the Bucks and Celtics series to be in the ECF and ensure both squads are healthy.

bucks dont look so good right now but ofc I would still pick them to make the ECF. Their coach having brook lopez guarding out on perimeter and running less than 10 pnr's a game for dame/giannis has me worried. also middleton has barely played so far. Finally dont have a 5th starter I think beasley is too bad defensively to be that and crowder is past his prime. Looking to trade for a 3nD guy like denver did with kcp last year