Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can we say James Harden is ring chasing?

I'm not sure what he's been doing qualifies as such or not.

Banned

Default Re: Can we say James Harden is ring chasing?

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    If he is, he's not as shameless about it as Damian Lillard.

Good High School Starter

Of course we can.

Good for him, no titles in 16 years? He should be.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

His motivation idn't that simple. He wants to win a ring but money and individual glory are still very important. And he also has a grudge. His chances at winning a title did not improve with this trade. If anything they have gotten worse because Embiid health is more reliable than Leonard's. Thinking about it he may not even care about winning a ring that much, he was talking to the Rockets and there's no way that team is winning. I think he would like to win a championship but it's not his top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post
    I think he'd choose a better team if he wanted to go ring chasing.

Even if by some miracle this Clippers team went all the way, he'd get the appropriate credit of a 3rd option assuming he plays well enough in that role for LA to have a shot. But wherever you rank him now is where he should still be ranked with a ring under those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Even if by some miracle this Clippers team went all the way, he'd get the appropriate credit of a 3rd option assuming he plays well enough in that role for LA to have a shot. But wherever you rank him now is where he should still be ranked with a ring under those conditions.
    He's going to be at least second option. Healthy Leonard is a better scorer but George is not. People are generally overlooking that Harden had 2 great games in the Boston series. His inconsistency was really about the games he was defended by Jaylen Brown. While the fact th hat Brown can stop him is bad or shouldn't be overlooked that he was doing well against Marcus Smart and had some clutch baskets. How many big athletic guards like Brown will be out there to stop him? There is still a possibility for some great individual performance there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    I think he'd choose a better team if he wanted to go ring chasing.
    Yeah, why didn't he make the Celtics or Bucks or Suns or Nuggets trade for him? I wonder.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

harden is a playoff loser , who is lucky if he even shows up in a uni.
    He is the perfect location with old ape man , PG playoff choker, Westbrook 'I am the show'

And now playoff loser James.

National High School Star

I think he's contract chasing not ring chasing...but he is the worst.

Funniest part is any team that picks him up is going backwards in their chase for a ring.

Not only is he hogging way too much cap space with his pathetic loser output....but he's also making teams either send away a decent player or important depth.

This.guy.is.a.fvckng.loser...

OF COURSE it was the Clippers that took him

Which is great.. more cancer for nephew

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    He's going to be at least second option. Healthy Leonard is a better scorer but George is not. People are generally overlooking that Harden had 2 great games in the Boston series. His inconsistency was really about the games he was defended by Jaylen Brown. While the fact th hat Brown can stop him is bad or shouldn't be overlooked that he was doing well against Marcus Smart and had some clutch baskets. How many big athletic guards like Brown will be out there to stop him? There is still a possibility for some great individual performance there.
    When healthy PG13 at this stage is a better player. Whatever offensive differences between the two are far less than defensively. Plus Harden can run a pure facilitator role better than Westbrook, so I imagine his scoring would be scaled back with PG13 being 2nd to Kawhi scoring the ball regardless.

Not sure it matters though, because neither one of them as a 2nd option are good enough at this point to get the Clips over the hump against teams like Denver, Boston, Bucks, Suns, etc. And health-wise, something is going to break down for at least 2 of the 4 at some crucial point in the season. These guys are 33-35 and not getting any healthier.

Not airballing my layups anymore

nika is just trying to land in the city with the best strip clubs.

only ring he chasing are the ones you see when you spread cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    When healthy PG13 at this stage is a better player. Whatever offensive differences between the two are far less than defensively. Plus Harden can run a pure facilitator role better than Westbrook, so I imagine his scoring would be scaled back with PG13 being 2nd to Kawhi scoring the ball regardless.

Not sure it matters though, because neither one of them as a 2nd option are good enough at this point to get the Clips over the hump against teams like Denver, Boston, Bucks, Suns, etc. And health-wise, something is going to break down for at least 2 of the 4 at some crucial point in the season. These guys are 33-35 and not getting any healthier.
    Second option isn't the same as second-best player. "Healthy" (quotation marks most relevant) Paul George is better than Harden because of his massive edge defensively but just talking offense Harden can lead the league in assists while averaging over 20.