View Poll Results: Is it too early to brag that Lakers have zero chance this year?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's too early - Lakers still haver a chance to win the 2024 NBA championship

5 38.46%
  • No, it's not too early - AD/Lebron aren't good enough

8 61.54%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Is it too early to brag that the Lakers have zero chance this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Airupthere View Post
    It's still too early to tell whether Bron will need to fake another timely and convenient "injury".
    You just need to shut the hell up, LeBron is living rent free inside of your head. He's the all time scorings leader and surpass the late Kobe Bryant.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

I never understood why those 72 dolphins popping the champagne used to rub some people the wrong way. The would get all upset about those bitter old men desperate to stay relevant.

Now I get it.

NBA rookie of the year

They're without Jared Vanderbilt who's out with injury.

they have 2 wins and an overtime loss on the road to a good team in the kings and the only other loss is to the champs, also on the road

AD looks great

I think the lakers are fine

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    they have 2 wins and an overtime loss on the road to a good team in the kings and the only other loss is to the champs, also on the road

AD looks great

I think the lakers are fine

You're just going game by game and don't see the big picture

The Lakers should have decent record but who doesn't? A decent record will be inflated into "title chances" by media when the reality will be quite different.. they will be a 50-win team with no actual chance to hang with the cream of the crop (Giannis, Jokic, Booker/KD/Beal, and more).. It's clear they aren't as good as these guys but the media will keep hanging on until they get swept again (I'm the only one that predicted their sweep to Denver btw)

Let me know when the Lakers hv 60-win pace as they should with this talent - anything other than that is a strong sign of something amiss (Bron's age)
    Last edited by 3ba11; 10-31-2023 at 02:16 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post

The Lakers should have decent record but who doesn't? A decent record will be inflated into "title chances" by media when the reality will be quite different.. they will be a 50-win team with no actual chance to hang with the cream of the crop (Giannis, Jokic, Booker/KD/Beal, and more).. It's clear they aren't as good as these guys but the media will keep hanging on until they get swept again (I'm the only one that predicted their sweep to Denver btw)

Let me know when the Lakers hv 60-win pace as they should with this talent - anything other than that is a strong sign of something amiss (Bron's age)
    People are aware that Lebron is in his 21st year and is about to turn 39. This is a consideration when discussing their title hopes or 60 win odds.

What exactly are you arguing? Nobody is approaching this (aside from maybe you) with the lens that Lebron is in his prime and that this is just who he's always been.

If MJ played at age 39-40 in his 19th consecutive season without quitting 2x, then you could compare the 2.

21-21 >>>>>>>> 15-19

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    People are aware that Lebron is in his 21st year and is about to turn 39. This is a consideration when discussing their title hopes or 60 win odds.

What exactly are you arguing? Nobody is approaching this (aside from maybe you) with the lens that Lebron is in his prime and that this is just who he's always been.
    Well, one of the Lakers' problems that I've observed is that last year Darvin Ham was giving Lebron minutes like he was in his prime. The guy has lost a ton of stamina. He can still score effectively most games, but really only for 1 - 2 quarters. Why they don't have him playing 20ish minutes a game and use him as a purely offensive weapon is beyond me. But hey, anything that drags the Lakers down is fine with me.

OP is confirmed mentally ill

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post

Thread title shows what I'm arguing.... Specifically, am I too early in celebrating (see the OP gif)??... Are the Lakers already dead in the water??.. or do they still have a chance at the actual TITLE (not another defeat in WCF or Finals or earlier)

I think they're dead in the water because Bron is too old - he's been reduced to Shaq at the FT line, while also being an absolute turnover machine in the clutch.. How can a team win when their primary ball-handler is basically unavailable in the clutch (Shaq at the line and Westbrook with the ball)??..

This is Wizards' Lebron but no one will admit it yet or SEES it yet - I do and I'm probably a few months ahead of the curve from everyone else seeing what is already obvious.

People just don't realize how close the play of current Lebron and Wizards Jordan actually is - 25 ppg is nothing in today's NBA and 38-year Jordan would easily exceed that just like he did before his injury at 39 years old.. Only then did his ppg drop off to 22.9 (in a league that allowed 15 less ppg anyway).

Of course AD isn't that good and never was - he's a rich man's Pippen but that's STILL below the cream (Jokic, Giannis, KD, Curry).. (it's another indictment on pippen ultimately).. The Lakers got the bubble ring because they were the only team that pulled off a historic coup to get AD and therefore the only team invested.. No one else gave a shit and players could literally "opt out".. It was a fake ring that was won by the team that was allowed to pull off a historic coup - it was a Disney ring set up for the Lakers.

I can confidently predict no team is going have a super dominant regular season this year. Not even nuggets or Celtics. Too many good teams at the top and injuries and coasting also affect win total. decent chance no team hits even 55 wins this year.

Op can absolutely celebrate and I don’t like the lakers chances either. 2 teams in the west with great continuity and systems and a mvp star in Denver and gs and 2 teams with legit big 3s in phx and clips is hard to beat. in the East you got the Celtics with 4 all stars and the best top 6 in the league and the bucks with the best duo on paper too. Just don’t forget pelinka is an underrated gm and they have plenty of mid tier salaries to combine to trade for someone at the deadline

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    I can confidently predict no team is going have a super dominant regular season this year. Not even nuggets or Celtics. Too many good teams at the top and injuries and coasting also affect win total. decent chance no team hits even 55 wins this year.

Op can absolutely celebrate and I don’t like the lakers chances either. 2 teams in the west with great continuity and systems and a mvp star in Denver and gs and 2 teams with legit big 3s in phx and clips is hard to beat. in the East you got the Celtics with 4 all stars and the best top 6 in the league and the bucks with the best duo on paper too.

Exactly, how is AD and Lebron f'ing with this?... Street Clothes and WestShaq??

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    Just don’t forget pelinka is an underrated gm and they have plenty of mid tier salaries to combine to trade for someone at the deadline

You mean maybe the league will give Lebron a brand new roster this year like they did last year..

Apparently, 2 decades hasn't taught them that it's impossible to build a perennial favorite or sure thing around Lebron, or a team that can be a winner on the championship level.

NBA Superstar

Thread title shows what I'm arguing.... Specifically, am I too early in celebrating (see the OP gif)??... Are the Lakers already dead in the water??.. or do they still have a chance at the actual TITLE (not another defeat in WCF or Finals or earlier)

I think they're dead in the water because Bron is too old - he's been reduced to Shaq at the FT line, while also being an absolute turnover machine in the clutch.. How can a team win when their primary ball-handler is basically unavailable in the clutch (Shaq at the line and Westbrook with the ball)??..

This is Wizards' Lebron but no one will admit it yet or SEES it yet - I do and I'm probably a few months ahead of the curve from everyone else seeing what is already obvious.

People just don't realize how close the play of current Lebron and Wizards Jordan actually is - 25 ppg is nothing in today's NBA and 38-year Jordan would easily exceed that just like he did before his injury at 39 years old.. Only then did his ppg drop off to 22.9 (in a league that allowed 15 less ppg anyway).

Of course AD isn't that good and never was - he's a rich man's Pippen but that's STILL below the cream (Jokic, Giannis, KD, Curry).. (it's another indictment on pippen ultimately).. The Lakers got the bubble ring because they were the only team that pulled off a historic coup to get AD and therefore the only team invested.. No one else gave a shit and players could literally "opt out".. It was a fake ring that was won by the team that was allowed to pull off a historic coup - it was a Disney ring set up for the Lakers.
    I think most people agree. Because of lebrons age and AD being unreliable and the supporting cast being overrated.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax View Post
    They're without Jared Vanderbilt who's out with injury.
    And who is this exactly??

you're a shameless homo

flipflopping bitch for years

no one cares about your opinions. you've been proven wrong 100x over.

I appreciate the fact that you start discussions and thats it