Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: The Dame Experiment is going well... PHI vs. MIL Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    Yeah should be coached to improve upon.

He has always passed like ass out of double teams I can't imagine at this stage of his career he is going to improve much. I think he is who he is now.
    You can improve that. Shaq and Hakeem certainly got a lot better at it. Wilt led the league in assists towards the end of his career. Karl Malone became a better passer...

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    You can improve that. Shaq and Hakeem certainly got a lot better at it. Wilt led the league in assists towards the end of his career. Karl Malone became a better passer...
    Well they are two GOAT centers that are a level above him. Those are the things that separate all time greatness.

Joel is pushing 30 coming off a MVP season and his passing is worse than ever.

I don't hold much hope.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    Well they are two GOAT centers that are a level above him. Those are the things that separate all time greatness.

Joel is pushing 30 coming of a MVP season and his passing is worse than ever.

I don't hold much hope.
    falling to the floor every play probably doesn't help the passing game

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Porzingis may not be even half as strong as Embiid and he's not the focus of the Celtics offense. The big three he hit in the first game, for example, was created by the Knicks doubling Tatum. If Porzingis man is going to leave him open to stop JT then Porzingis needs to be shooting when Tatum hits him for the open jumper. That's basic basketball. Porzingis hit 38.5% of his threes last season when he was on a team without two All-NBA wings. A good shooter and he's going to be wide open if teams don't change their approach to Tatum and Brown, of course he should be shooting. Your post makes no sense.

If Embiid was a Celtic and they used him optimally (which they don't do in Philly) he would stay in the paint, suck the defense in and would actually be creating opportunities for Tatum. Embiid in the paint is a higher caliber of threat than anyone in the Celtics so comparing him taking jumpers that he's not even that good at , just good for a big, is wholly different from Porzingis hitting open threes when Tatum or Brown attracts extra coverage.
    Bah nvm haha. Thought i could make a point but guess i missed. Was just saying i was envisioning an optimal role for him that maybe wasnt his ideal, same with you and embiid. Even if porzingis is a better shooter, rolling then being there for a reb while a guard shoots a three is good bball, too. Thats w in playoff bball. The lanes are there like the post option is there for joel, altho for the record i don’t think dude is a championship c. He did get mvp tho, but he’s got issues with his approach imo.

-Smak