Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The Dame Experiment is going well... PHI vs. MIL Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    I think you can tell that the Bucks aren't the same without Allen and Holiday.
    And you want these games to be 60 minutes? The shit would be a 4 hour game

Dame is the finisher they really needed. I am a fan of giannis but he isn't really a big time closer

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    I agree he should try to score inside more but his jumper is pretty good. He did just win the MVP
    The threes are not the reason he won mvp though, he got it because he's a great defender and can be a great scorer inside. When he is just shooting jumpers he is failing to use his greatest advantage. Think of all the plates that can defend him when he is taking 18 footers vs the very few playwright that can hold their ground when he played with power. He's like what would happen if Shaq decided he wanted to play like Reggie Miller.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    embarrassing to watch. gianna gets so many whistles...embiid backs him up, gianna tangles him and falls and embiid gets called for the foul...
    "Marginal Contact " is this the new buzzword for the 23/24 season?

Smells like horse shit.

NBA is turning into over refereed garbage.

Whatching Brunson get officiated yesterday compared to Dame tonight was comedic.

What a debut for Dame!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    The threes are not the reason he won mvp though, he got it because he's a great defender and can be a great scorer inside. When he is just shooting jumpers he is failing to use his greatest advantage. Think of all the plates that can defend him when he is taking 18 footers vs the very few playwright that can hold their ground when he played with power. He's like what would happen if Shaq decided he wanted to play like Reggie Miller.

Embiid shot 50% last year from 10 feet to the 3npt line. 38% of his shot attempts were from that range. His mid-range shooting is a big reason he won MVP.

I do think he settles for jumpers too often though.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Embiid shot 50% last year from 10 feet to the 3npt line. 38% of his shot attempts were from that range. His mid-range shooting is a big reason he won MVP.

I do think he settles for jumpers too often though.
    And he shot 33% from three. A short 10ft jumper is fine but when he is playing out there on the perimeter he is neutering himself. He absolutely did not win mvp for his three point shooting.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

A few take aways from this first game of the season :
    Pat C. for the Bucks picked up from last season , and appears to not hit shots

Giannis needs to learn to play with the Dame , Dame 17-17 free throws --un real.

Chris Middleton 16 minutes , hope his minutes improve , if not his career is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    A few take aways from this first game of the season :
    Pat C. for the Bucks picked up from last season , and appears to not hit shots

Giannis needs to learn to play with the Dame , Dame 17-17 free throws --un real.

Chris Middleton 16 minutes , hope his minutes improve , if not his career is over.
    It's Khris man.

And he shot 33% from three. A short 10ft jumper is fine but when he is playing out there on the perimeter he is neutering himself. He absolutely did not win mvp for his three point shooting.

I never said he did. He only attempted 3 per game last year. It wasn't a big part of his game.
    Last edited by tontoz; 10-27-2023 at 01:55 AM.

I will never understand why Embiid doesn't post up more. He is a great player because he is a great player in the paint. If he's going to take jump shots he is barely an NBA player.
    That was my point about Porzingis except instead of posting, I meant slashing (which he did really well in what I saw of his first game,) and Porzingis is WET but using him as a stretch 5/midrange isn't gonna get them a ring. So, that should clear it up, finally. Words from ya own mouth. But the difference is that Kris is a good shooter and him as a threat, and making open shots is GOOD, but his meat needs to be using that as a threat and changing the game / operating in the open spaces from the 2 other stars. Without getting injured. That's how they are gonna succeed in the playoffs and possibly contend for a ring / the trade will work. I am wary, but I gotta say just listening to him get interviewed, I def want him to succeed. I still got this nagging feeling he's gonna get injured though.

edit: like this play, look at that space, he could have just gone to rim but he popped out to wet a 3. It's wet and GG but in the end I feel like the way they are gonna be finely tuned is if he takes that cut and gets a corner shot or dunk. https://youtu.be/548rzgJy7h8?si=aNvM0hNHdhTMOshH&t=157

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 10-27-2023 at 10:37 AM.

Porzingis may not be even half as strong as Embiid and he's not the focus of the Celtics offense. The big three he hit in the first game, for example, was created by the Knicks doubling Tatum. If Porzingis man is going to leave him open to stop JT then Porzingis needs to be shooting when Tatum hits him for the open jumper. That's basic basketball. Porzingis hit 38.5% of his threes last season when he was on a team without two All-NBA wings. A good shooter and he's going to be wide open if teams don't change their approach to Tatum and Brown, of course he should be shooting. Your post makes no sense.

If Embiid was a Celtic and they used him optimally (which they don't do in Philly) he would stay in the paint, suck the defense in and would actually be creating opportunities for Tatum. Embiid in the paint is a higher caliber of threat than anyone in the Celtics so comparing him taking jumpers that he's not even that good at , just good for a big, is wholly different from Porzingis hitting open threes when Tatum or Brown attracts extra coverage.

Porzingis may not be even half as strong as Embiid and he's not the focus of the Celtics offense. The big three he hit in the first game, for example, was created by the Knicks doubling Tatum. If Porzingis man is going to leave him open to stop JT then Porzingis needs to be shooting when Tatum hits him for the open jumper. That's basic basketball. Porzingis hit 38.5% of his threes last season when he was on a team without two All-NBA wings. A good shooter and he's going to be wide open if teams don't change their approach to Tatum and Brown, of course he should be shooting. Your post makes no sense.

If Embiid was a Celtic and they used him optimally (which they don't do in Philly) he would stay in the paint, suck the defense in and would actually be creating opportunities for Tatum. Embiid in the paint is a higher caliber of threat than anyone in the Celtics so comparing him taking jumpers that he's not even that good at , just good for a big, is wholly different from Porzingis hitting open threes when Tatum or Brown attracts extra coverage.
    But the problem is Embiid gets doubled and tripled in the everytime he is in the paint and he can't pass out of a double team for shit. Plus he doesn't have the explosiveness like he did when he was younger so he throws up weak shit at the rim instead of dunking.

Believe me I know it sounds good in theory but it just never works out that way in reality. It infuriates me he doesn't utilize a hook shot, which is something else he did more when he was younger.

As the season progresses we wil see what Nurse's offense provides. Maybe we will see something different but I can't imagine Joel's game is going to change much now.

If his passing is the flaw that sounds like something that he should be coached to improve upon. Just about every great scorer learns how hit the open man or at least an outlet who then finds the open man. The coach has to analyze how he is being defended and put his teammates in place so that they can take advantage of that for open looks.

Yeah should be coached to improve upon.

He has always passed like ass out of double teams I can't imagine at this stage of his career he is going to improve much. I think he is who he is now.