Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    National High School Star

Default Re: What the NBA has done to help LeBum..

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Literally won a championship and averaged 34 ppg in the finals while doing it.

You have a selective memory.
    You would be referring to the series that featured the second most free throws given to a player in the history of the finals. The same team that had a pair of top 75 players and two all-stars coming off the bench with Haslam and Williams rounding out that roster.

How did that team do the next season

Are you ok?

They've done for him like the they do for the face of the league, but I'd argue they don't help him as much as other guys with the whistle, he's probably deserved 1000 more fta than he's actually shot lol.i can't really site specific rule changes with him in mind but I'm sure you could bend any to your will if you were determined emough. Oh and Wade was absolutely a superstar, but Bosh? Not so much. Wade did tail off fairly quickly following their 1st season together but their synergy arguably extended his drop off point too

threads have consequences. You start off on Bron then some dude comes in and acts like Wade is garbage lool.

It's hard to say carried when you get FMVP eyy. It's like the whole Wade's fault 2011 stuff, haha. Wade's fault for getting ready to grab FMVP a second time?

-Smak

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    You would be referring to the series that featured the second most free throws given to a player in the history of the finals. The same team that had a pair of top 75 players and two all-stars coming off the bench with Haslam and Williams rounding out that roster.

How did that team do the next season

I do love the doubling down and trying to make it about the next season versus the season you completely didn’t acknowledge before.

But to answer you question..Wade was on a true MVP track but got hurt and didn’t play much of the second half of the season.

And I assume by all stars of the bench you’re referring to Gary Payton and Antoine Walker. Um….really?

You’re probably just joking.
    Last edited by ShawkFactory; 10-15-2023 at 07:17 PM.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post

I do love the doubling down and trying to make it about the next season versus the season you completely didn’t acknowledge before.

But to answer you question..Wade was on a true MVP track but got hurt and didn’t play much of the second half of the season.

And I assume by all stars of the bench you’re referring to Gary Payton and Antoine Walker. Um….really?

You’re probably just joking.
    I'm referring to the HOF blocks leader who did better in MVP voting than Wade ever did Alonzo Mourning.

I'm not saying Wade is a bad player, he's a first ballot Hall of Famer and one of the great shooting guards of all-time. And I got a lot more respect for him than Westbrook, Shaq, Nash and Harden

But pointing out his "single" season successes ignores the elephant in the room with Wade. Wade needed Lebron...Lebron didn't need Wade

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

I'm referring to the HOF blocks leader who did better in MVP voting than Wade ever did Alonzo Mourning.

I'm not saying Wade is a bad player, he's a first ballot Hall of Famer and one of the great shooting guards of all-time. And I got a lot more respect for him than Westbrook, Shaq, Nash and Harden

But pointing out his "single" season successes ignores the elephant in the room with Wade. Wade needed Lebron...Lebron didn't need Wade
    he would have stayed in Cleveland if he didn't need Wade
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 10-15-2023 at 09:27 PM.

OKC had no chance in that finals, regardless of the refs.

nineiron

Deranged Anti-LeBron Troll
    This message is hidden because nineiron is on your ignore list.
    View Post

Remove user from ignore list

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by nineiron View Post
    The NBA has aiding LeBron forever. Three examples:

1) LeBron colluding with Wade and Bosh to join up in miami. the NBA has shut down deals before with illegal frameworks, i.e. Chris Paul to the Lakers.
    2) The Miami/Oklahoma City finals, which was one of the most lopsided playoff series officiating jobs in NBA history.
    3) Cleveland mysteriously landing three number 1 picks in like 4 years. 2011 Cleveland had a 19% chance, 2013 they had a 15% chance, 2014 they had a laughable 1.7% chance and still got it. All 3 picks played a crucial role in LeBron's return and their eventual championship. The probability of all three of these happening is 0.048%.
    It's not clear those draft picks helped as much you imply.

Out of 3 #1 picks, the only true star was Kyrie Irving. Wiggins became effectively a role player in his time in the NBA. And all they really got from the Wiggins to Minnesota trade was Kevin Love- a good but not great player. Bennet, picked #1, was one of the biggest draft busts in history.

NBA Superstar

Why? He was paying like 10 minutes a game by then.

Quote Originally Posted by nineiron View Post
    The NBA has aiding LeBron forever. Three examples:

1) LeBron colluding with Wade and Bosh to join up in miami. the NBA has shut down deals before with illegal frameworks, i.e. Chris Paul to the Lakers.
    2) The Miami/Oklahoma City finals, which was one of the most lopsided playoff series officiating jobs in NBA history.
    3) Cleveland mysteriously landing three number 1 picks in like 4 years. 2011 Cleveland had a 19% chance, 2013 they had a 15% chance, 2014 they had a laughable 1.7% chance and still got it. All 3 picks played a crucial role in LeBron's return and their eventual championship. The probability of all three of these happening is 0.048%.
    That 2016 championship over a 73 win team, with his home town Cleveland team really hurts you deep down.

Jordan stans aren't coping too well. It's almost 10 years ago, let it go.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Jordan stans aren't coping too well.
    Speaking of coping, this guy's been on a permanent bitch fit ever since LeShrivel got swept like a dirty chimney.

That GOAT ship has looooooooooong sailed.