Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default How far into the season will we see this?

And complain all over again about the anti load management rules not being able to account for it?

Default Re: How far into the season will we see this?

dental procedure

Banned

Lol. Butler is out because he got his teeth cleaned.

In the end it won't matter. Orlando will be the more relative Florida team this season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

the NBA just said load management doesn't reduce injuries

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    dental procedure
    I think left foot discomfort is better haha. Dental could be something but yea prol not. Dudes getting his teeth cleaned.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    the NBA just said load management doesn't reduce injuries

It's more like people with injured are load managed, like they said Kawhi. Dude has limited amount of miles he can go per season. So it's already a crapshoot. I don't think load management does reduce injuries unless you go by laws of probability. I do think resting guys when they are a little hurt is important, though. If people could benefit from rest, they should rest. That's what you'd think load management is, but it's not exactly.

It's true that players have wear and tear, but I dunno if you can say that making someone not play back to back or w/e is better. You could play them less minutes or something. That's another funny thing, it'd **** w/ their averages if they did proper management. Getting them out their and getting SOME play would probably be the best strategy. It's just all ****y. The NBA sucks anyway haha.

I'm leaving this forum forever, again.

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 10-13-2023 at 11:28 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

So, Joel Embiid rested. Kawhi Leonard rested. LeBron James rested. Everyone rested. Including in your city, after you plunked down $300 to take the family to see the Dubs’ one appearance in your city that season. Sorry, Felicity and Mikal: Steph’s in street clothes tonight. Wave to him; he’ll wave back. And now … sike. “Before, it was a given conclusion that the data showed that you had to rest players a certain amount, and that justified them sitting out,” NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Joe Dumars told national media in a conference call Wednesday. “We’ve gotten more data, and it just doesn’t show that resting, sitting guys out correlates with lack of injuries, or fatigue, or anything like that. What it does show is maybe guys aren’t as efficient on the second night of a back-to-back.”

– via David Aldridge @ The Athletic

Dumars’ words echo those of Commissioner Adam Silver, as he introduced the league’s new “Player Participation Program” that was approved by the league’s Board of Governors last month. “Honestly, that’s what I’d been told as well, that it was the science,” Silver said. “I think it may be why the league didn’t become involved maybe as deeply as we should have earlier on. Part of the discussion today was about the science, and frankly, the science is inconclusive. “I think in the case here, that part of the commitment here from the league office is we are putting together a group of team doctors and scientists and others and trying to better understand it. One thing I want to make clear: The message to our teams and players is not that rest is never appropriate. And realize, there’s a bit of an art to this, not just a science.”

– via David Aldridge @ The Athletic

so what does the new data show about all the regular days off in the schedule nowadays?