Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Put them in proper order.

You may not change the selections only the order.

Go.

Default Re: Put them in proper order.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post

Very close.

2014 (this isn't a meltdown)
    2007 (this also isn't a meltdown)

And to be honest it's probably unfair to claim that Steph had a meltdown. He definitely didn't. He played very well. But he did have some boneheaded plays in game 7 that could have potentially swung it the other way, most notably that completely unnecessary behind the back pass to Klay out of bounds. Nevertheless, losing a 3 to 1 lead in the Finals is hard to shake.

2011 is by far the worst. LeBron was literally shellshocked and between him and Spoelstra they were too stupid to figure out how to use him against the Mavs.

2004 maybe the Lakers win with a healthy Malone, maybe they don't due to how great the Pistons were defensively but Kobe singlehandedly threw this series. He would dribble through 3 or 4 defenders and put up awful shots because he wanted Finals MVP so bad. It was clear during this series that one way or the other the duo was done as a result.
    Last edited by Wardell Curry; 10-10-2023 at 12:28 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

it’s low key embarrassing to have 2016 anywhere on this list

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post
    Very close.

And to be honest it's probably unfair to claim that Steph had a meltdown. He definitely didn't. He played very well. But he did have some boneheaded plays in game 7 that could have potentially swung it the other way, most notably that completely unnecessary behind the back pass to Klay out of bounds. Nevertheless, losing a 3 to 1 lead in the Finals is hard to shake.

2011 is by far the worst. LeBron was literally shellshocked and between him and Spoelstra they were too stupid to figure out how to use him against the Mavs.

2004 maybe the Lakers win with a healthy Malone, maybe they don't due to how great the Pistons were defensively but Kobe singlehandedly threw this series. He would dribble through 3 or 4 defenders and put up awful shots because he wanted Finals MVP so bad. It was clear during this series that one way or the other the duo was done as a result.
    I think the reason 2016 is considered a meltdown is the brilliant season he and his team were having and the collapse. His part in it was for the most part losing his composure on court in relatively a small portion of the series but as their leader it fed the collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Just as embarrassing as having 2014 or 2007 honestly all the thread asked was to rank them.... I really don't like to call any of them meltdowns, because i can see the causes behind them for the most part but that's just my personal thoughts.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post

statistically, that is hard to argue with. At least I think so. I could be remembering the numbers wrong but I’m pretty sure that just by the numbers it would be the best of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    statistically, that is hard to argue with. At least I think so. I could be remembering the numbers wrong but I’m pretty sure that just by the numbers it would be the best of these.
    As I said in the post above I just feel like it was because of his outburst in front of all the cameras that said "hey these guys are getting to me." It doesn't happen much where you see that level of frustration boil over especially with a mild mannered guy like Steph.

2011 LeBron
    2004 Kobe
    2016 Curry
    2007 LeBron

Are the clear Mount Rushmore of recent Finals debacles, by 2014 Wade wasn't a significant enough player to be included on lists like these. If forced to make it 5 I'd put 2022 Tatum.

HM go to 2006 Dirk & 2023 Butler

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry View Post
    Very close.

I'd agree with this exactly. 2007 and 2014 weren't meltdowns. Wade was banged up and out of his depth against a team that moved the ball the way the Spurs did and Lebron in 07 shot like shit but was active and wasn't really scared or anything.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

2011 Lebron
    2004 Kobe
    2016 Curry

Wade wasn't really a meltdown to me since the whole team quit and his expectations weren't that high anyway. Lebron in 2007 too he was outmatched even though he played like crap. The first 3 were all favorites and basically choked though.

Semi related, this has to be the greatest streak of FMVP's in league history we've had over the last few years.

2016 LeBron, Giannis & Jokic had historically great Finals

Even if you don't credit him for what he did with Golden State, KD put up monster Finals b2b years

2020 LeBron & 2022 Curry both had great series

The weakest one was Kawhi and his was still elite

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    2011 LeBron
    2004 Kobe
    2016 Curry
    2007 LeBron

Are the clear Mount Rushmore of recent Finals debacles, by 2014 Wade wasn't a significant enough player to be included on lists like these. If forced to make it 5 I'd put 2022 Tatum.

HM go to 2006 Dirk & 2023 Butler
    Butler was outmatched and led an 8 seed to the Finals. He more ran out of gas running the gauntlet it took him to get there. Tatum 2022 is a really good mention or even 2021 Chris Paul how he choked in crazy fashion when his team was about to go up 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon View Post
    This is what I have.

Banned

The list is pretty good in the order it's in.

NBA All-star

no legs =/ melt down