Default Critics blame Rich Paul for destroying player loyalty

He fires back and defends himself.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...layer-loyalty/

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Critics blame Rich Paul for destroying player loyalty

The more I think on it, the more I oppose the very concept of loyalty to any employer. It’s rarely to the benefit of the employee. You take less money, or otherwise compromise the happiness of your life for the sake of a corporate entity? You’re a good guy to the higher ups, but the day you die, they only weep for the loss of your productivity for the most part. You’re a real person to your family and friends. You’re an asset to work and consumers. I don’t care what the job is….**** that job. Call out. Especially if they still have to pay.

As a consumer it annoys me when I can’t consume the product you’re contracted to provide but as a man I get it.

There are all stars and guys in the Hall of Fame who walk through the city they played all or most of their career being completely anonymous besides being recognized a couple times by a few people‘s grandfather while they shop for groceries. This shit isn’t life. It’s work. You get whatever you can get out of it financially and personal satisfaction wise and then somebody takes your place and the whole machine moves on without you.

Guys vanish into the ether and all that legacy shit means nothing practical.

Guys who show some work life balance, get their money, **** over whatever team and fans are required to lead a good life and get what they can get outta the game in the 15 percent of their lives they’re in the nba are probably pretty happy. That money you leave on the table, good team you could have jumped to and grabbed a ring, and so on….you don’t get a second chance.

You just get a graphic with your face next to Joe Dumars for guys who played their whole career with the Pistons.

That graphic is worth less than a Zero sugar Strawberry cream Dr Pepper.

Live and play where and with who you want. If money is all you care about make it all. If you want a ring…go get it. If it’s the love of locals you fill up on…eat up.

Just be happy. **** everyone but your family.

Default Re: Critics blame Rich Paul for destroying player loyalty