Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default "Professional athletes are the new slaves..." according to new ESPN+ series.

Video

"It's almost like contracts are the new slave chains. So you have to sign this contract and sign this document, it's like your binded to this, and then if you break this it's like your livlihood... it's your life. So we the new slaves. Athletes are literally the new slaves. Because we need this. Our families, our friends... depend on this contract to eat."

- Gwen Barry

She's right, we have to do something about this. We need to stop giving athletes multi million dollar contracts. Enough is enough.

I stand with the oppressed athletes. Slavery is wrong.

Default Re: "Professional athletes are the new slaves..." according to new ESPN+ series.

So if I sign a contract I'm binded to it? Binded like a chain? We're all slaves in chains then.

Good High School Starter

Default Re: "Professional athletes are the new slaves..." according to new ESPN+ series.

She's not bright. Neither are both of the dudes sitting there listening to her.

This is the type of garbage that I'm referencing when I say the right side of the political spectrum needs to exist to keep us from going off the rails, but right now they are failing. We are currently off the rails.

its like she just found out how a contract works lol. no one is forcing the athletes to sign the dotted line, it's for their greater benefit to do so, but they are not obligated.

She's right... only she can know what slavery is like. God bless her good health and prosperity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    its like she just found out how a contract works lol. no one is forcing the athletes to sign the dotted line, it's for their greater benefit to do so, but they are not obligated.
    It's like she just found out how a job works.

"You mean they're offering to pay me for a service, and if I don't provide that service then I don't get paid?? I need this job to feed my family!"

Both the ignorance, and the privilege, is astounding.

You gave them attention like the good little sheep you are, OP.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

If BLM wasn't a thing and if White Liberals weren't ****ing stupid, these three idiots in that video would never have that platform to spew their stupidity. But instead, and unfortunately, a few people had to listen to that and it may have poisoned a mind or two into believing whatever that ghetto ho was talking about.

I would love for someone to straight up tell her that she's insulting her ancestors. Spitting on their graves.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    So if I sign a contract I'm binded to it? Binded like a chain? We're all slaves in chains then.
    In these physical avatars and associated egos were all slaves in this holographic matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    In these physical avatars and associated egos were all slaves in this holographic matrix.

Lebron isnt.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Lebron isnt.

LeGOATs conciousness is operating several dimensions above all of ours. We can't really comprehend his perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    LeGOATs conciousness is operating several dimensions above all of ours. We can't really comprehend his perspective.

Banned

Lebron is the most battered slave of them all. Unlike your average pro basketball slave who only has one slave master, Lebron has multiple slave masters. The NBA, Nike, McDonalds, Coca-Cola, Beats Electronics, State Farm, Kia, Verizon, Warner Bros... among others.

NBA All-star

there isn't a single book in history that doesn't spell slave to her then. the pronoun she's looking for, is somehow a reference to time.