Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Warriors vs. Lakers (Oct 8, 2023) - PreSeason - Observations

https://www.nba.com/game/lal-vs-gsw-...hFullGame=true

My thoughts: (warning: most of these are observations on the Warriors, not Lakers)

* Chris Paul is utter garbage on defense. He guards the wrong man, when he finally switches to his man he's broken the defense, which the Lakers exploit. (see: 6:30 to 6:10 left in the 1st Quarter). He refuses to run back and play defense (see 6:05 to 5:55 left in the 1st quarter). Paul also needs to start anticipating the screen and running in front of it to guard his man like Steph and Klay do, not just surrender to the switch the opposing team wants.

* Warriors won 125-108 but meaningless as: Warriors starters played about 12 minutes a piece, Lakers starters played 20 minutes or so. Minutes were mostly by 2nd+ units. LeBron didn't play.

* Media claiming Kerr is 'vindicated' for his small ball approach makes no sense when you consider Bullet #2 above. We have no idea if it will work or not as that lineup barely played.

* Jonathan Kuminga of the Warriors is going to be an all-star. If not this year because of minutes, then next year. Watch at 3 minutes left in Q1. Excellent footwork, power, and finish in the post.

* Funny how much the refs let Warriors #2 BRANDIN PODZIEMSKI get away with. Some obvious defensive fouls where he was moving his feet and made body contact with the ball-handler, illegal hand-checks, holding on players (just saw one where he clearly hit the shooter in the head, no call lol). The Warriors need someone like this because the peroxide blond woman ref is not calling fouls on him; a way to get away with "tough D". They should use Saric this way as well. All that said, Podziemski brings an intensity esp.on the defensive end Warriors need.

* Lot of traveling no-calls; Refs rusty as well

* Master of Obvious observations: Klay looks sharp on D, Curry hasn't lost a step, Looney still a formidable screener, Anthony Davis looks good. No one seems to have slowed down.

* Despite Paul in the lineup, on the offensive end GSW playing with chemistry and ball movement. He seems to have figured out the system fast. (Defense is a different story)

* Chris Paul with some impressive passes and setting up other players. Esp drive penetration and lobbing to the big man. Something he knows how to do but to do this on a new team after just joining is something.

* I didn't know Rudy Gay was on the Warriors. He played well.

* Only thing on Lakers caught my attention was Christian Wood. He didn't play well but I can see him having a big impact.

Default Re: Warriors vs. Lakers (Oct 8, 2023) - PreSeason - Observations

Why did curry choose to receive the inbound pass around the first quarter when he knows he's out of bounds? Lmao.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Why did curry choose to receive the inbound pass around the first quarter when he knows he's out of bounds? Lmao.

LoL. I missed that part.

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    * Warriors won 125-108 but meaningless as: Warriors starters played about 12 minutes a piece, Lakers starters played 20 minutes or so. Minutes were mostly by 2nd+ units. LeBron didn't play.
    So the lakers basically lost without their upcoming hof, huh? Interesting. The braindead casuals who abnormally thought they should win preseason games without him will not like this at all.

Banned

Puts Bronies in a bit of a catch 22. On the one hand, they want the Lakers to do awesome so they can carry LeShrivel to a title.....but on the other hand they want the Lakers to do poorly without Lebron so they can claim he has no help. Kind of a lose-lose for them.

NBA Superstar

My thoughts: (warning: most of these are observations on the Warriors, not Lakers)

* Chris Paul is utter garbage on defense. He guards the wrong man, when he finally switches to his man he's broken the defense, which the Lakers exploit. (see: 6:30 to 6:10 left in the 1st Quarter). He refuses to run back and play defense (see 6:05 to 5:55 left in the 1st quarter). Paul also needs to start anticipating the screen and running in front of it to guard his man like Steph and Klay do, not just surrender to the switch the opposing team wants.

* Media claiming Kerr is 'vindicated' for his small ball approach makes no sense when you consider Bullet #2 above. We have no idea if it will work or not as that lineup barely played.

* Jonathan Kuminga of the Warriors is going to be an all-star. If not this year because of minutes, then next year. Watch at 3 minutes left in Q1. Excellent footwork, power, and finish in the post.

* Funny how much the refs let Warriors #2 BRANDIN PODZIEMSKI get away with. Some obvious defensive fouls where he was moving his feet and made body contact with the ball-handler, illegal hand-checks, holding on players (just saw one where he clearly hit the shooter in the head, no call lol). The Warriors need someone like this because the peroxide blond woman ref is not calling fouls on him; a way to get away with "tough D". They should use Saric this way as well. All that said, Podziemski brings an intensity esp.on the defensive end Warriors need.

* Master of Obvious observations: Klay looks sharp on D, Curry hasn't lost a step, Looney still a formidable screener, Anthony Davis looks good. No one seems to have slowed down.

* Despite Paul in the lineup, on the offensive end GSW playing with chemistry and ball movement. He seems to have figured out the system fast. (Defense is a different story)

* Chris Paul with some impressive passes and setting up other players. Esp drive penetration and lobbing to the big man. Something he knows how to do but to do this on a new team after just joining is something.

* Only thing on Lakers caught my attention was Christian Wood. He didn't play well but I can see him having a big impact.
    Nice job here.

Although I think that questioning Paul's defensive effort in a preseason game at this point in his career is a little silly.

He's not even playing yet but a usual suspect is already having another bloody period about him.

From the guy that brought you “Giannis is bleaching his skin” and “Joker is only respected cuz he’s white” comes his latest hit: “Preseason referee is in cahoots with rookie player to advance white power in the NBA!”

This dude is clinically insane

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    From the guy that brought you “Giannis is bleaching his skin” and “Joker is only respected cuz he’s white” comes his latest hit: “Preseason referee is in cahoots with rookie player to advance white power in the NBA!”

This dude is clinically insane
    Lol I admittedly didn't read that one because it was too long.

He's is certainly not without his biases

Banned

He's not even playing yet but a usual suspect is already having another bloody period about him.

^Precisely the kind of confused and angry Bronie fluffer I described earlier in the thread.

He came from the mavs, right? And we see grant williams replacing him there, even tho williams himself is said to remain as the team flopper for the Cs.

Local High School Star

He came from the mavs, right? And we see grant williams replacing him there, even tho williams himself is said to remain as the team flopper for the Cs.

Yeah. Got to see Grant Williams play for the Mavericks in Abu Dhabi the other day. Was able to see the game in person. It's a pre-season game, it's early, but I can still sense that team is going nowhere.

Banned

Yeah. Got to see Grant Williams play for the Mavericks in Abu Dhabi the other day. Was able to see the game in person. It's a pre-season game, it's early, but I can still sense that team is going nowhere.
    Grant Williams did have a good tenure.

I thought CP3 looked nice so far. Podziemski already seems pretty refined. And Kum Buckets already seems like an early nod for 6MOY. I thought the warriors downgraded in the off season but they could still be a problem this year.