Cool Does the MVP award need a radical overhaul?

First of all YES, because for one thing it’s now named after MJ, which is problematic because theres legitimate debate as to whether he was even the best player on his own team.

Moreover the voters and voting criteria is completely flawed. You basically reward a guy for playing on a good team (which can be entirely luck) and scoring a bunch of points (doesnt equate 1:1 with value). Hence we see why this system produced a multitude of MVPs for MJ. Because it rewards and encourages the wrong things.

Instead I propose to you the Lebron James “Hardest Road Award™” given to the player who took the most challenging path to success that season, despite the availability of shortcuts which were beneath their dignity. This is the accolade players and fans would have the greatest respect for, and thus should replace the MVP award which just encourages players to gun for stats.

I want to see the league’s flagship award dedicated to recognizing those individuals who strive for greatness, thereby proving it’s only a crazy dream until you do it, at which point they aint got no worries.

To me, thats the real definition of sportsmanship.

Thank you for your time.

Mods, put a sticky on this.

NBA All-star

Default Re: Does the MVP award need a radical overhaul?

Most Out Spoken Person

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    Most Out Spoken Person
    - smak

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

That's allot of words

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    First of all YES, because for one thing it’s now named after MJ, which is problematic because theres legitimate debate as to whether he was even the best player on his own team.

Moreover the voters and voting criteria is completely flawed. You basically reward a guy for playing on a good team (which can be entirely luck) and scoring a bunch of points (doesnt equate 1:1 with value). Hence we see why this system produced a multitude of MVPs for MJ. Because it rewards and encourages the wrong things.

Instead I propose to you the Lebron James “Hardest Road Award™” given to the player who took the most challenging path to success that season, despite the availability of shortcuts which were beneath their dignity. This is the accolade players and fans would have the greatest respect for, and thus should replace the MVP award which just encourages players to gun for stats.

I want to see the league’s flagship award dedicated to recognizing those individuals who strive for greatness, thereby proving it’s only a crazy dream until you do it, at which point they aint got no worries.

Thank you for your time.

I get where you're going, and I agree with you. The MVP award should go to Austin Reaves.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    - smak
    you are being schizophrenic and if you havnt put that gimmethat account on ignore yet you are also a ****ing moron

Banned

All media awards are bullshit to some degree. It's like "best picture", the criteria is whatever the f*** the voters want it to be in that given moment.

I also think it's high time we stop awarding All-NBA selections by position. Just have the 1st team be the best five in the league and the 2nd team be the next best five guys and so on. Or you could have just one All-NBA team consisting five gold honors and seven silver honors. They don't have to be called gold and silver obviously but you get my point.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post

Thank you for your time.

doesn't need over haul.
    MJ was best player of the league as well as history.
    go fvck yourself.

National High School Star

And yet they wouldn't let him get more MVP's than Kareem.

Frankly the MVP should be handled caucus style, Media get a vote, former MVP's get a vote, players get a vote, fans get a vote and a council decides who is right.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

It’s definitely named correctly, even though it’s weird and unnecessary but it has to include the postseason. That’s when you get much more accurate clarity on who truly was the MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare View Post
    That's allot of words

Yes, just give the award to Franz or Paolo every year, alternating ofc. No need for further discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by theman93 View Post
    Yes, just give the award to Franz or Paolo every year, alternating ofc. No need for further discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    you are being schizophrenic and if you havnt put that gimmethat account on ignore yet you are also a ****ing moron
    ahaha, the super roiled people make sure when they "smak" to put it in lowercase, too. Like I said to this day I am 99.9% sure someone legit changed my username to make the S lowercase because people are so tilted. It's crazy. It's kinda funny, but it's more crazy.

One of these days, I'm gonna get killed by one of these dudes cuz I said Smak too many times.

I'm ready!! I'm used to people being enraged, but that sorta shit is the kinda stuff that makes me wonder why it cuts some people so deep.

y sobe y.

Edit: this is what's gonna happen, except I'm not gonna run... then the guy who killed me is gonna write smak on me in my own blood, making sure that it's obvious the s is lowercase: https://nypost.com/2023/10/03/distur...on-nyc-street/

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 10-04-2023 at 06:33 PM.