Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Let's discuss some rarely mentioned Hall of Famers

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I’m reading old ass topics and at one point I said I was out on both Bosh and Jermaine O’Neal but I liked Jermaine more. Which is weird because I didn’t really **** with Jermaine at all by the time Bosh was a somebody. I’m trying to remember exactly when I stopped being impressed because I think I briefly was early.

I found an old topic about him where I had a list of 22 people I’d rather have and a bunch of people I’d call a tossup that stretched to 28. I think the 07 playoffs was when I was done with him apparently forever though I don’t remember specifics about it right now. I see he had shit numbers that year but whatever I saw must have turned my stomach.
    I had a similar feeling about Bosh in that he was what he was and wasn’t ever really going to take the leap. The 08 Olympics changed my mind on him completely. He did a lot of dirty work and didn’t really care about scoring. He was very well fit for a 2nd or 3rd man role. Defense, rebounds, hit open jumpers, clean up inside when needed. He did that well.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yea that's not surprising since Bosh was used like a role player to space the floor for Lebron and Wade instead of utilizing his elite face up midrange game.
    Ya another thing is that Lebron and Wade's playing minutes were staggered so the Heat rarely went without both on the floor.

Bosh looks like a 22 ppg scorer as soon as one of them goes to the bench.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yea that's not surprising since Bosh was used like a role player to space the floor for Lebron and Wade instead of utilizing his elite face up midrange game.
    His game was used as much as it should have been given the situation.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Bob Lanier was really really good. Gets totally overlooked in all-time great C discussions.

Sikma was also decent. He got destroyed by both Kareem and Moses at times but he did everything pretty well.
    bob was famous for his 22 size foot.

But Bob really wanted to bring a chip to Milwaukee, and just could not get it done. Era of Celtics and Lakers.
    He had Sidney Moncrief a do it all guard , who in my Opinion most definitely is a HOF'er.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    bob was famous for his 22 size foot.

But Bob really wanted to bring a chip to Milwaukee, and just could not get it done. Era of Celtics and Lakers.
    He had Sidney Moncrief a do it all guard , who in my Opinion most definitely is a HOF'er.
    Yea the 80's were a tough era to pop up and try to win a ring. The Sixers also stopped the Bucks on a few occasions.

But anyways Bob was out of his prime when he came to Milwaukee. I didn't watch many games of him but certainly read about his exploits.

Jo Jo White may be one of the least talked about guards from the 70s. He was probably better than Pistol Pete or Earl Monroe.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    Jo Jo White may be one of the least talked about guards from the 70s. He was probably better than Pistol Pete or Earl Monroe.
    JO JO was a consistent guard , but nothing like Pistol Pete or Pearl. (they were head shoulders above him)

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle View Post
    https://www.sporcle.com/games/ec2tc3...-scorers-1970s

Look at where Pete was on those lists and where JoJo was.

Anyways...Maurice Stokes....likely wouldn't be a HOFer under today's classifications. Tjat was a guy who wasn't on Chamberlain and Russell's level but he could have been. It was a huge loss for the NBA.

Alex English....best player to not make the top 75...timing really hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    JO JO was a consistent guard , but nothing like Pistol Pete or Pearl. (they were head shoulders above him)
    Jo Jo White had 7 All-Star appearances, more than both Pete and Earl.
    Interesting him and Dave Bing have the most All-Star appearances of guards in the 1970s. Over the bigger names like Pete, Monroe and Tiny Archibald. Just an observation.

Arvydas sabonis should have been a hof. Hell, i even heard that he actually made the all-star team bt.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Arvydas sabonis should have been a hof. Hell, i even heard that he actually made the all-star team bt.
    but, but cumbersome big man

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    He's in the Hall, for his career outside the NBA.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    https://www.sporcle.com/games/ec2tc3...-scorers-1970s

Look at where Pete was on those lists and where JoJo was.

Anyways...Maurice Stokes....likely wouldn't be a HOFer under today's classifications. Tjat was a guy who wasn't on Chamberlain and Russell's level but he could have been. It was a huge loss for the NBA.

Alex English....best player to not make the top 75...timing really hurt him.
    I know it's tough to compare eras and all that but was he really a better player than TMac?

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    I know it's tough to compare eras and all that but was he really a better player than TMac?
    Nope, but neither was Dame Lillard or Carmelo but they made it.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    From what I recall Bosh didn't handle physicality all that well. Not in Toronto or Miami. Dwight averaged like 18 rebounds per game in the 2008 1st round TOR-ORL matchup. Roy Hibbert put up like 23/12 in the 2013 ECF which is saying something.

That 2013 Miami team was one of only four NBA champions to have been outrebounded on average. There was one of the '70s Knicks teams and both '90s Houston teams I believe. However, Miami was by far the worst rebounding team of those four; they were literally the worst rebounding team in the league. Dead last.

Bosh just wasn't a center. More like a PF that had strong SF tendencies.
    Correct he was a traditional prototype for the new era stretch four and physicality was his Achilles heel