Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default October 04 was quite a time. Yao and Tmac first game. Shaq and Kobe beef. Good times

I tracked down an article on the first game Yao and Tmac played together, because for some reason I remembered a lot of us on here either stayed up or got up in the middle of the night to watch it because it was broadcast from China and it feels like we were all much bigger fans at the time. There is absolutely nothing that could happen in the preseason to make me turn on a game at five in the morning, but I sure as **** did that day.

I was gonna do some likely overly explained thing about declining fanhood, but as I scrolled down the other story of the day caught my eye, so I’ll post that and let you do with this topic as you will. I certainly don’t need to make two because I probably have 15 topics on the front page right now, since you mother****ers will sit here all day, but can’t be bothered to make a topic of any kind. So…

Shaq on Kobe: ‘The dude is a weirdo’

The long-running feud between Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant seems to be getting worse.
    After the Miami Heat’s preseason opener Sunday night against the Houston Rockets, O’Neal described Bryant as “a weirdo” with whom he had a fragile working relationship for the eight seasons they were Los Angeles Lakers teammates.

O’Neal said he played the entire 2003-04 season knowing Bryant — who had been charged during the summer of 2003 with felony sexual assault of a woman in Eagle, Colo. — had told investigators that O’Neal had paid nearly $1 million to women to keep them quiet about his supposed sexual liaisons. O’Neal denied Bryant’s allegations, but only recently started publicly discussing them. Charges against Bryant were dropped Sept. 1.

“That tells you what type of person I am,” said O’Neal, traded this summer from the Lakers to the Heat. “The day (Bryant made the allegations), I knew about it. The cops called me the day he did it.
    “I’m a cop, and cops talk. They called me the day he did it, but did you ever hear me say anything about it? I played ball, because that’s how I am. I’m true.”

O’Neal said the fact Bryant dragged him into his rape case speaks volumes about the Lakers’ guard.
    “That just shows you his character,” O’Neal said. “My personal opinion is, how, if you never hung out with somebody, do you know them so well? I never hung out with that dude because the dude is a weirdo. I knew that the whole time. He’s a weirdo.”

We don’t often get beef that well aged and properly seasoned anymore. A dynasty breaks up and the relationship deteriorates to the point one snitched about the others escapades to the police.

One presumed possible great duo came together as the other crumbled. They could have let us get one Shaq/Kobe Yao/Tmac matchup before feelings got caught.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: October 04 was quite a time. Yao and Tmac first game. Shaq and Kobe beef. Good ti

Shit it’s 18 on the first page. I’d ban myself if the system allowed it. I’ll self impose like a college coach caught doing something not quite illegal but in a grey area. Maybe sit myself for the first half of a game we’re gonna win anyway.

Let me just head up to the booth where I can secretly text an assistant my annoyance if South Dakota tech gets into the redzone.

*peers from the shadows*

Default Re: October 04 was quite a time. Yao and Tmac first game. Shaq and Kobe beef. Good ti

I will never not think of the Red Sox title when October 2004 is brought up

Steelers ending the Pats 21 game winning streak would be a distant 2nd.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    I will never not think of the Red Sox title when October 2004 is brought up

Steelers ending the Pats 21 game winning streak would be a distant 2nd.
    The Red Sox overcoming that 3-0 series lead will forever haunt us Yankee fans. I'm still broken over that and 2009 did nothing to fix it.

I remember the 04-05 season like it was yesterday. One of the most fun times to watch ball...

Man that was 19 years ago..that’s crazy. To put that in perspective that’s the same amount of time between when MJ completed his first 3-peat and Lebron bringing home his first championship. Time flies

good times. I was playing this on my ps2 with my boys dunking on everyone with 20 year old lebron. He had already had his in-game dunk stats maxed out

this was the last year playing NBA live before we switched to 2k

NBA rookie of the year

NBA sucked prior to Kobe and Lebron era. This era lasted 12 seasons when one of the two made Finals from 2007 to 2018.

Edit: This era ends when Lebron becomes the GOAT which should happen very soon because I have him winning back to back championships in 2024 and 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    good times. I was playing this on my ps2 with my boys dunking on everyone with 20 year old lebron. He had already had his in-game dunk stats maxed out

05 was nice but nothing tops NBA Live 2003 and it’s GOAT soundtrack

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

I never knew they released it in india

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    I never knew they released it in india
    dunno if they released it there

I played it here while I was fucking your mom without a condom and making that ho swallow my nut juice - in between rounds of NBA live 05

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

dunno if they released it there

I played it here while I was fucking your mom without a condom and making that ho swallow my nut juice - in between rounds of NBA live 05
    ok apu

hope she's well

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    ok apu
    Quicke Mart reference right?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Kobe and Shaq are like opposite ends of the social vs anti-social and work ethic perspective. Shaq was a comedian and beyond social guy who slacked off a lot and Kobe was the opposite, laser focused on basketball and not trying to be the likeable class clown.

At the end of the day Shaq was crying and saying how much he loved Kobe when he passed and putting on a TV spectacle so it's tough to guage his perspective.