Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Default Re: Longshot odds on scoring leader. Where would you put like 500 dollars?

Is it ppg or total? If its ppg, is there a minimum games requirement to stay in the race? I can see AD playing 52 games and averaging 30. Zion could too. If it is total, I'd go with Tatum.

Default Re: Longshot odds on scoring leader. Where would you put like 500 dollars?

I'd bet on KD. He probably won't play enough games which is why his odds are so low but if by some chance he does he can easily win it.

NBA rookie of the year

https://www.landofbasketball.com/awa...eader_year.htm

Here's a list of scoring title winners to give you an idea of who should win.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Luka. Bad team big stats
    Not with Kyrie on the team who's probably getting 25-28ppg himself. Giannis and Dame will cancel each other out, as will Tatum and Brown. Safest bets are Joel again or SGA, maybe Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    I'd bet on KD. He probably won't play enough games which is why his odds are so low but if by some chance he does he can easily win it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Booker leads the team in scoring this year, there's no need for a 35 year old Durant to push for another scoring title. Keep him fresh for the playoffs.

I'm saying Embiid again or Shai.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Is it ppg or total? If its ppg, is there a minimum games requirement to stay in the race? I can see AD playing 52 games and averaging 30. Zion could too. If it is total, I'd go with Tatum.
    I'll take ad under 30 for any amount of money you want.
    Last edited by Johnny32; 10-03-2023 at 03:08 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Booker leads the team in scoring this year, there's no need for a 35 year old Durant to push for another scoring title. Keep him fresh for the playoffs.
    Agreed. Booker is a better bet than KD.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    As far as answering your questions, it's points per game and I believe they have to play 65 gms to qualify now? I'm a LeBron fan and he/we don't care about individual awards obviously or he'd/we'd already have 15+ scoring titles by now....anyway, not 100% on the games played part.

His fragile ego says otherwise.

sga feels like a safe bet. he's going to have to dominate the ball every game to have a chance at carrying the thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    His fragile ego says otherwise.
    Even if that were the case, the odds are long that he 1) drops the likely 32-33ppg needed to average that when he hasn't scored that much in a decade( his last scoring title) and/or 2) plays the required number of games to qualify. When he got to Phoenix he averaged 26ppg to end the season, and I expect something along those lines this year with Booker doing like 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    As far as answering your questions, it's points per game and I believe they have to play 65 gms to qualify now? I'm a LeBron fan and he/we don't care about individual awards obviously or he'd/we'd already have 15+ scoring titles by now....anyway, not 100% on the games played part.
    I know that's the case for season awards so I would 'assume' that's the same to qualify for stat titles, though I wasn't able to confirm that doing a quick lazy search. If that's the case, I don't expect KD to play 65 games this year, based on like the last 4-5 years since leaving the Warriors.

No doubt and that's why his odds are so long. He probably won't even play 60 games.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

chef curry