Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: I want the gotdamn truth. Do you know who this is?

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    This is the mindset why teams like the Jazz are perpetual losers. Maxing out role players.

The guy has played 2 mediocre seasons and half of a good season. We can all confidently assert that there's little to no chance he earns the supermax requirements for $260M. So that means his max would potentially be $207M.

There's 3 potential outcomes:
    1) He absolutely plays out of his mind this season, and you'd instead be on the hook for likely paying him a max of $207M instead $146M. You saved $51M signing him now.

2) He plays no better than he did last year. I'd estimate he'd get a similar contract to what he's currently making. Not sure teams that will have $29M in cap space sink it into an offer sheet for days.

3) He plays worse or gets injured, or has terrible chemistry with Wemby no chance he makes $146M.

Which is likeliest? I'd say 2 or 3. Meaning they didn't get any extra value signing him now.
    Honestly, spending more than $200m for a role player seems a bit of a stretch.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Honestly, spending more than $200m for a role player seems a bit of a stretch.
    23 and put up almost 20 pts a game hitting 3's passing the ball and playing D. Could be much more than just a role player. He can score. That should be enough for your pea brain

Steaming.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

bot

Fine with this spurs fans think he could become like khris Middleton. He’s a decent defender and that makes him better than Poole/herro imo who got similar money