Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Aerosmith farewell tour postponed until 2024

NYTimes.com: "Aerosmith has postponed all of the remaining shows on its farewell tour until 2024 because of a vocal injury suffered by its frontman, Steven Tyler, according to a statement made by the rock band on Facebook."

They are a great band.

Default Re: Aerosmith farewell tour postponed until 2024

Are they?

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Are they?
    It's subjective bro, they are in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, for whatever that's worth.

Are they?
    In the 70s, absolutely.

Are they?
    Dont be a moron

Aerosmiths peak is before you were born. IF you don't know dont comment. They're top 10 in albums sold in the US so yes... they have a presence.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    Dont be a moron

Aerosmiths peak is before you were born. IF you don't know dont comment. They're top 10 in albums sold in the US so yes... they have a presence.
    I agree with you Jizzo.

Just cuz they didnt stick to ‘purist’ blues rock or metal or whatever doesnt mean their commercial songs arent any good.

That said, even tho I enjoy arena anthems like Amazing or Livin on the Edge in my headphones on a walk, I dunno if Id go to a concert for those songs. Would rather see them play something like Mama Kin live. I dunno what their set list looks like.

Dont be a moron

Hahaha imagine getting worked up about such a simple question. Sorry for questioning your extremely cool musical tastes, extremely cool and knowledgeable boomer.

Here's a tip for you guys: Absolutely nobody gives a **** about what music you like.

At least the alt right incels have something to bond over other than Donald Trump's ball sack though.

dumb ^^^

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Early Aerosmith is some of the best hard rock out there. So that band has probably been coasting on their early success for the last 30 years.

Banned

Of course the most retarded users on the board don't like Aerosmith.

Hands down one of the GOAT bands if we are talking catalogue and hits.

I personally have a tough time choosing between the 70's, 80's and 90's version of the band. On any given day I feel I could make a case for all of them. Gun to my head though, probably 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    Of course the most retarded users on the board don't like Aerosmith.

Hands down one of the GOAT bands if we are talking catalogue and hits.

I personally have a tough time choosing between the 70's, 80's and 90's version of the band. On any given day I feel I could make a case for all of them. Gun to my head though, probably 70's.
    One can say that they're a great band and respect them w/o liking their music. Not fan of Tyler's voice or Joe's guitar sound.

Same way with bands like Bon Jovi. I can acknowledge their talent as a band, you just won't catch me listening to them by choice.

Hahaha imagine getting worked up about such a simple question. Sorry for questioning your extremely cool musical tastes, extremely cool and knowledgeable boomer.

Here's a tip for you guys: Absolutely nobody gives a **** about what music you like.

At least the alt right incels have something to bond over other than Donald Trump's ball sack though.
    And I'm the one wound up?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

And I'm the one wound up?
    Remember, nobody gives a **** about what music you like. We'll make a comment about music that you may like, but in the end, nobody gives a **** about what music you like. We'll reply back and forth with you and go on some anti-boomer diatribe about your musical tastes and accuse you of being unhinged or wound up, but again, in the end, nobody gives a **** about what music you like.

Gen X chiming in, nobody gaf what you millennial snowflakes like either so there's that. One thing I will tip my hat to the Boomer generation as a rock music fan is that they produced easily the greatest rock music of all time, 60s going into the 80s rock easily tops the garbage millennials produce.
    Last edited by TheMan; 10-03-2023 at 01:14 PM.

90's Aerosmith is its prime. Still, its songs was so overplayed it may be labelled as the Nickleback of the 90's.