Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: Magic Johnson on Stephen Curry calling himself the Goat point guard

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    You two are going to get wrecked. You slanted drug addict.

Quote Originally Posted by nayte View Post
    It's funny how people say rings are a team accomplishment but not realising stats are also that. They will change depending on your role with a team
    In saying that there's a big disconnect between what fans and players consider for goat recognition
    The bill russell celtics had hof players with similar average stats. Didn't stop them at all from dominating bt but it also meant that only a select few got individual awards, unlike their hollywood rivals.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nayte View Post
    It's funny how people say rings are a team accomplishment but not realising stats are also that. They will change depending on your role with a team
    In saying that there's a big disconnect between what fans and players consider for goat recognition
    Yeah, some people on here have trouble comprehending that it's a team sport we're talking about, and everything an individual accomplishes is in context of the team.

Sounds like a posts from a guy who never play basketball. I watched highlights of Cousy on YouTube. I can average 42 ppg playing in that league.
    You kinda played yourself with this haha. Say it out loud.

If you say someone like WB would dominate Cousy because of just being bigger, faster, stronger, I could dig it, but JJ is not that dude. My point is that BC actually has a better skill set than JJ. It's funny because it WAS very long ago, but it's good to note because JJ is acting like him not dribbling with his left hand is a big deal when, as I said, his skill set, years earlier, translates better to the nba than JJ's. haha.

Check out more highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0jKLwjfkkQw

JJ's nitemare. Dude would have JJ falling all over himself. I kinda wonder if he just said that stuff to get his name in the news because he went at Larry Bird, too.

Edit: I know you have the ability to record. I know that's not *that* hard of a shot, but post a vid of you making that shot haha. Not in the NBA, just in your back yard or whatever. See how many tries it takes you.

-Smak

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post

If you say someone like WB would dominate Cousy because of just being bigger, faster, stronger, I could dig it, but JJ is not that dude. My point is that BC actually has a better skill set than JJ. It's funny because it WAS very long ago, but it's good to note because JJ is acting like him not dribbling with his left hand is a big deal when, as I said, his skill set, years earlier, translates better to the nba than JJ's. haha.

JJ's nitemare. Dude would have JJ falling all over himself. I kinda wonder if he just said that stuff to get his name in the news because he went at Larry Bird, too.

Edit: I know you have the ability to record. I know that's not *that* hard of a shot, but post a vid of you making that shot haha. Not in the NBA, just in your back yard or whatever. See how many tries it takes you.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post

-Smak

Banned

Sounds like a posts from a guy who never play basketball. I watched highlights of Cousy on YouTube. I can average 42 ppg playing in that league. BC is also a turnover machine. I think he averaged 6-8 turnovers and also an inefficient scorer during that time.
    You coudln't average 12 ppg at a local U.S. YMCA. Typical delusional Bronie.^

"And that right there made me the GOAT PG" - Steph Curry

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    At least magic didn't blow a 3-1 lead in the finals with a 70-win team lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    It’s interesting because players today have better nutrition and training and access to every basketball related move or idea that ever came before them.

At the same time, if basketball players are in line with the general population, their testosterone has plummeted compared to the old heads or previous generation, because life has simply gotten easier. Dudes back then were a lot tougher, theres no question. It’s an empirical fact people today have way less test than they did 60 years ago. Hell tobacco even supposedly raises testosterone, and a bunch of the old NBA players actually smoked

If you gave all the old heads modern technique and training but allowed them to keep their same upbringing and toughness, theyd be pretty damn good. That said, the fact the game has grown so much globally does beget a larger total pool of freakish talents.

Anyway, the rules and gameplay are so drastically different, you cant say who the best is without specifying the era youre comparing them in. Today’s players will be better at today’s game, yesterdays players may be better than the current NBA crop at yesterdays game.

Only thing we can say for sure is Lebron is the GOAT of every era.
    I wonder what sf would think about this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    This. Self destructed on the Lakers as the President.

Listed a bunch of "assist" stats but totally ignored the most 3 point shots in playoffs history + more points than magic in the playoffs and finals.

And then used the "rangz" argument as if he didn't have Kareem for 10 years.
    Interesting to see that he also has been to almost ten finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    You coudln't average 12 ppg at a local U.S. YMCA. Typical delusional Bronie.^
    I actually averaged 20 ppg and 6 apg in my recent basketball league

Banned

I actually averaged 20 ppg and 6 apg in my recent basketball league
    You posted videos of your league. The average American 11 year old could average 25 in that league. At least you're getting exercise though. It's good for you.