Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face As a Laker fan, Im low key hoping we trade Bron for Bobby Portis.

I just think Portis’ age matches up better with the rest of our core players’ futures.

Bron’s still nice, dont get me wrong, but just in terms of a group that has time to grow together, I dont think he works.

I think now is the time to flip him for whatever value we can. To me a deal with Milwaukee for Crazy Eyes makes a lot of sense.

Default Re: As a Laker fan, Im low key hoping we trade Bron for Bobby Portis.

Make it happen Rob

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

giannis,Dame , Middlton, Lopez and

Bron

Chips next three years and Bron can claim GOAT then riding coat tails of Giannis and Dame.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    giannis,Dame , Middlton, Lopez and

Bron

Chips next three years and Bron can claim GOAT then riding coat tails of Giannis and Dame.
    would you get 80 games out of Lebron and Middleton combined?

Banned

As a Laker hater, I hope the trade proposed by OP does NOT happen. Lebron, being the dead weight that he is, gives me the most hope that the super team will go nowhere this year (season, for those of you who are autistic). With Portis, Lakers would be a lock for the finals at a minimum.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Court View Post
    As a Laker hater, I hope the trade proposed by OP does NOT happen. Lebron, being the dead weight that he is, gives me the most hope that the super team will go nowhere this year (season, for those of you who are autistic). With Portis, Lakers would be a lock for the finals at a minimum.
    Totes. Jokic, Murray and them plus the boys in Phoenix would have no shot against an AD, Reaves, Bobby Portis trio.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Totes. Jokic, Murray and them plus the boys in Phoenix would have no shot against an AD, Reaves, Bobby Portis trio.
    I have Phoenix as the better team on paper, but I expect KD will get injured at some point, which will make the Lakers end up the better team.

And as for the Lakers as compared to Denver, with the players you mentioned along with D'Lo Russell, Vandy, Hachimura, Wood, etc., they have a much better team than Denver. They did last season too, but Denver played great as a team while the Lakers did not.

If the Lakers can gel as a team, they're a title contender. I hope it doesn't happen personally, but you're crazy if you think that team doesn't have the potential.

They should focus on getting bogdonavich from the hawks instead.

NBA Superstar

I have Phoenix as the better team on paper, but I expect KD will get injured at some point, which will make the Lakers end up the better team.

And as for the Lakers as compared to Denver, with the players you mentioned along with D'Lo Russell, Vandy, Hachimura, Wood, etc., they have a much better team than Denver. They did last season too, but Denver played great as a team while the Lakers did not.

If the Lakers can gel as a team, they're a title contender. I hope it doesn't happen personally, but you're crazy if you think that team doesn't have the potential.
    Is this still with Bobby Portis now or are we talking reality?

Because if it’s Portis the Nuggets can match 3-7 the guys you’ve just named here. On top of their 1-2 being significantly better.

Oh shit lol, I just realized this deal would have the unintended consequence of pairing Lebron with Lillard and Giannis. Hadnt even thought about that when I had the idea, just seemed like a sound move for the Lake Show to make at this point.

But… **** it, whatever. Bucks arent in our conference. Who cares if we send them the reigning BITW. For us Laker die hards it’s about the TEAM. The name on the FRONT of the jersey. And we need to get younger, so lets just ship Bron to Milwaukee and move on.

Apart from it being your shtick. I wouldn't mind seeing how that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Oh shit lol, I just realized this deal would have the unintended consequence of pairing Lebron with Lillard and Giannis. Hadnt even thought about that when I had the idea, just seemed like a sound move for the Lake Show to make at this point.

But… **** it, whatever. Bucks arent in our conference. Who cares if we send them the reigning BITW. For us Laker die hards it’s about the TEAM. The name on the FRONT of the jersey. And we need to get younger, so lets just ship Bron to Milwaukee and move on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Is this still with Bobby Portis now or are we talking reality?

Because if it’s Portis the Nuggets can match 3-7 the guys you’ve just named here. On top of their 1-2 being significantly better.
    Davis can match Jokic, but Murray is better than the Lakers #2. I don't think the Nuggets 3-7 matching the Lakers though. And yeah, I'm talking about a with Portis/without Lebron scenario.

NBA Superstar

Davis can match Jokic, but Murray is better than the Lakers #2. I don't think the Nuggets 3-7 matching the Lakers though. And yeah, I'm talking about a with Portis/without Lebron scenario.