Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Despite having 4 titles, no one really takes curry seriously

He’s never considered in the ranks of Magic, MJ, Bron…hell, not even better than Kobe haha.

Default Re: Despite having 4 titles, no one really takes curry seriously

5*

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    He’s never considered in the ranks of Magic, MJ, Bron…hell, not even better than Kobe haha.
    Has as many titles as Lebron in less years and beat him head to head more without switching teams.

If being taken seriously means being in the ranks of MJ, there's lots of players not taken seriously.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Two huge factors:

1) retired players tend to get overrated while current players are underrated due to being under appreciated.

2) People still don’t take 17 and 18 too seriously as individual legacy boosters for Curry and KD.

Curry is a top 10 to me. He’s not MJ, Bron, Cap… but he’s had a better career than Olajuwon already. Modern players are put under too much of a microscope. Imagine Bird’s playoff failures if he played today.

Curry redefined how the game is played today, whether you like it or not. His peak reg season dominance is up there with Shaq’s prime as far as dictating how he must be defended and overall individual impact. Shaq only edges him out in my book because of 3peat finals dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by kawhileonard2 View Post
    Has as many titles as Lebron in less years and beat him head to head more without switching teams.
    Shut the fvck up jordansbullls

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Shut the fvck up jordansbullls

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    So they're are only 5 to 10 players that are taken seriously?

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Because as fantastic as he’s been, there’s a lot you can discredit him with. He’s not near the all-around player most of the top 15 to even top 25. Some of these guys played with massive amounts of talent, but the Warriors have been utterly loaded since 2015. The KD pairing with the already more than talented enough Warriors shot both Curry and KD’s legacy in the foot. So, yeah. Not to mention in the NBA finals, Kyrie consistently outplayed him in their head to heads.

Banned

How many other players have gotten a Nickelodeon award, OP?

Banned

I think the knock on Curry might stem from the fact that his greatness is partially tied to a rule exploitation. I don't say that out of disrespect, because he's still the most talented shooter to ever play the game, but the 3 point shot was never meant to function in this regard. It's like he is playing a different game altogether.

Whether he's making them or not, it's hard for long time fans to give props to a guy who's claim to fame is chucking 3's. Deep down they don't have the same level of respect as they do for guys like the ones mentioned in the OP who had a total mastery of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baller234 View Post
    I think the knock on Curry might stem from the fact that his greatness is partially tied to a rule exploitation. I don't say that out of disrespect, because he's still the most talented shooter to ever play the game, but the 3 point shot was never meant to function in this regard. It's like he is playing a different game altogether.

Whether he's making them or not, it's hard for long time fans to give props to a guy who's claim to fame is chucking 3's. Deep down they don't have the same level of respect as they do for guys like the ones mentioned in the OP who had a total mastery of the game.
    He's usually great in the rs, i'll give him that. In the ps tho, he used to have other teammates who can score whenever he's struggling. Like kd, klay, poole and wiggins. Plus those guys can make screens for him also in order for him to take over with ease.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kawhileonard2 View Post
    Boom

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Curry I always called out as glass ankles .. in his early career he always went down with ankle issues. Their trainer resolved this issue and he went on to have a stellar career.
    To this day , his shoot is from the chest rising to the top , but you can't deny his success. I put him in my top 15 with Kobe.

Curry is one of the greatest PG's of all time. I think your hate is showing.