Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: will this forum ever get past discussing LeBron?

This forum hasn't got past Mike. So probably not

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    This. Just like athletes have primes, so do fandoms. Most of the forum members here are in their 30s, 40s and even 50s. Their 'prime' as fans were during the 90s, 00s and 10s. Younger internet users are on reddit, tik tok and twitter. They are not searching for old style internet messageboards. So without a new crop of young posters, this forum will continue to age and be stuck on topics about 90s, 00s and 10s NBA. btw I'm not saying at all we don't find the current league exciting or that I'm not looking forward for the season to start in a month, but just like music or sex or anything recreational, it hits you different when you're younger and the world is still new to you.
    I've been watching since the 90s, but yet I still like some new players. Jokic is the first player in quite some time I really love to watch and I enjoy his not giving a shit about NBA entertainment demeanor. The thing is, he's just not controversial in a historical context. He's great and people accept it.

People had a hard time accepting greatness after Jordan. Any wing that came after him got critiqued by the high amount of stupid Jordan stans that were produced in the nineties. Alot of them gave up on basketball in the 00s.

Same will happen with Lebron. The guys who actually love basketball and came of age with Lebron in his prime will stick to him, but the casuals will die off.

People love discussing irrelevant shit. Of course it shifted to reddit and such, but that's just the newer generation of forums. What's missing in the NBA is a figure like Jordan/Kobe/Lebron 10year olds of this day can attach themselves to.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    And here you are 2 years later with 13,000 posts about Lebron

Banned

I hope not. Who else are we going to make fun of?

When players become all time greats, they're essentially immortalized. They live through the heads of bball fans. This forum is an example...

so no... as long as this forum is alive, there will always be kobe, lebron, jordan, wilt, shaq etc. talk

that being said, i give this forum another decade.

Banned

No. The LeBron vs Jordan debate will continue until LeBron retires. After his retirement and the totality of his career sets in.... he'll be crowned the goat and replace Mike as the benchmark of greatness.

you have to discuss the GOAT of the sport

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny32 View Post
    No. The LeBron vs Jordan debate will continue until LeBron retires. After his retirement and the totality of his career sets in.... he'll be crowned the goat and replace Mike as the benchmark of greatness.
    Lol. I can't wait to see the meltdowns from people like you and 8ball when your last hope gets dashed to pieces. Lebon will retire and STILL won't be the GOAT. People have seen him choke way too many times.

Goat or not, king kong will never be irrelevant. 3ball and his stupid trolling disciples have completely devoted their pathetic lives to him, after all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    you have to discuss the GOAT of the sport
    Yep. That's why MJ is still a main topic on here 20 years after he retired.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy View Post
    This forum hasn't got past Mike. So probably not
    And who's next after the nemesis? Lmao.

Banned

The only question left to be answer regarding Lebron's career is whether or not Curry will pass him up in all time rankings. It's looking likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    I've been watching since the 90s, but yet I still like some new players. Jokic is the first player in quite some time I really love to watch and I enjoy his not giving a shit about NBA entertainment demeanor. The thing is, he's just not controversial in a historical context. He's great and people accept it.

People had a hard time accepting greatness after Jordan. Any wing that came after him got critiqued by the high amount of stupid Jordan stans that were produced in the nineties. Alot of them gave up on basketball in the 00s.

Same will happen with Lebron. The guys who actually love basketball and came of age with Lebron in his prime will stick to him, but the casuals will die off.

People love discussing irrelevant shit. Of course it shifted to reddit and such, but that's just the newer generation of forums. What's missing in the NBA is a figure like Jordan/Kobe/Lebron 10year olds of this day can attach themselves to.
    The league has made a lot of money featuring them since these past decades. But what's interesting today is that there are more international talents now that can probably set the bars nearly those guys did. But so does the competition as well. In fact, the league hasn't seen a three-peat since the shaq-kobe lakers of the early 00s and t'was more than 20 years ago lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    When players become all time greats, they're essentially immortalized. They live through the heads of bball fans. This forum is an example...

so no... as long as this forum is alive, there will always be kobe, lebron, jordan, wilt, shaq etc. talk

that being said, i give this forum another decade.
    But only one fan base is forced to resort to trying to discredit other stars. A highly insecure group. I won't mention which particular fan base I'm referring to, but they know who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    i wonder what fultz has to say about this.
    @akrazotile