Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

Default 2024 Olympic Team USA Roster Changes

No one deserves a spot on the team, except for Anthony Edwards from this 2023 FIBA team.

That was another tremendously disappointing showing we need athleticism to intimidate other countries, one of our only historical true overwhelming advantages, and we need more size, bangers, overall talent and more big scoring guns.

France and Canada, are going to show up with even better roster as well.

Tatum is already on the trajectory, not quite there yet, but he needs to be our de facto Kevin Durant replacement, a go-getter who can get a bucket at any time.

C - Adebayo / Allen / Mobley
    F - Tatum / Zion / Gordon
    F - Booker / Brown
    G - Mitchell / Edwards
    G - Morant / Garland
    Last edited by WhiteKyrie; 09-10-2023 at 09:59 AM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: 2024 Olympic Team USA Roster Changes

A lot of those guys were likely offered a spot but decided they needed time off.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    A lot of those guys were likely offered a spot but decided they needed time off.
    THIS year. And now it’s different circumstances and the Olympics NEXT year are in a very desirable location. So, those don’t equate. It has happened before where usually the FIBA team gets slightly lesser talent. American hold the Olympic Gold Medal in higher esteem and prestige than FIBA. Which only basketball fans care about. Totally different so ummm ok? And if these players have any type of pride, after another poor showing, they’ll want to show up. KD wasn’t on the 2019 FIBA team but played in the 2021 Olympics.

Very good NBA starter

Good team, I would not bring Morant or Zion, they're headcases.

I would do like this:

C - Allen / Mobley
    F - Adebayo / Gordon
    F - Tatum / Edwards
    G - Booker / Brown
    G - TJ Mc Connell / Reaves

You need some point guards who are content to simply pass the ball.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

this year's team beats a team with Mitchell and Morant starting. I'd be surprised if Hill wants Mitchell. They lost to Germany because of bad D. Mitchell isn't helping them there. Neither is Zion

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post

I would do like this:

C - Allen / Mobley
    F - Adebayo / Gordon
    F - Tatum / Edwards
    G - Booker / Brown

Haliburton doesn't like to pass the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post

I would do like this:

C - Allen / Mobley
    F - Adebayo / Gordon
    F - Tatum / Edwards
    G - Booker / Brown

Yeah, but that would be good for rehabilitating their image, and you can’t give up on them. They’re still young and they need to shape up as the two best next generation American players besides Tatum.

Also, people said the same thing about Allen Iverson, and he was awesome.

Get them on good behavior surrounded by elite peers … I want the intimidation factor of Ja Morant and Zion Williamson’s athleticism.

Like I said, athleticism, I think is one of the key reasons for intimidation factor that is also the overwhelming trump card that our best teams were able to play. I wanna watch Ja Morant try to dunk everybody in the lane. They bring the fear factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    this year's team beats a team with Mitchell and Morant starting. I'd be surprised if Hill wants Mitchell. They lost to Germany because of bad D. Mitchell isn't helping them there. Neither is Zion
    Who asked for your opinion, you notoriously don’t know what you’re talking about. And you’re a dumb foreigner. Let the Americans talk about basketball. You think Rudy Toody Fresh and Fruity is some great amazing basketball player relax. Let the grown ups talk.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKyrie View Post
    Yeah, but that would be good for rehabilitating their image, and you can’t give up on them. They’re still young and they need to shape up as the two best next generation American players besides Tatum.

Also, people said the same thing about Allen Iverson, and he was awesome.

Get them on good behavior surrounded by elite peers … I want the intimidation factor of Ja Morant and Zion Williamson’s athleticism.

Like I said, athleticism, I think is one of the key reasons for intimidation factor that is also the overwhelming trump card that our best teams were able to play. I wanna watch Ja Morant try to dunk everybody in the lane. They bring the fear factor.
    Iverson was awesome on our worst olympic team ever

THIS year. And now it’s different circumstances and the Olympics NEXT year are in a very desirable location. So, those don’t equate. It has happened before where usually the FIBA team gets slightly lesser talent. American hold the Olympic Gold Medal in higher esteem and prestige than FIBA. Which only basketball fans care about. Totally different so ummm ok? And if these players have any type of pride, after another poor showing, they’ll want to show up. KD wasn’t on the 2019 FIBA team but played in the 2021 Olympics.
    I think the next team will be better but history tells us that the older guys get the lead likely they are to play. I haven't heard any of those guys comment on it but a deep playoff run or nagging injury could keep any of those guys out.

Who asked for your opinion, you notoriously don’t know what you’re talking about. And you’re a dumb foreigner. Let the Americans talk about basketball. You think Rudy Toody Fresh and Fruity is some great amazing basketball player relax. Let the grown ups talk.
    I'm an American. The USA wins if Gobert is in the middle instead of Banchero. Not much doubt about it

“You want to end on a high note; we didn’t do that, so it’s obviously disappointing. But it was a fun experience. Every time you can play for the USA, it’s a privilege and an honor,” Tyrese Haliburton said. If nothing else, the USA secured their place for the 2024 Paris Olympics, and Haliburton is ready to help the national team again. “100 percent. If they want me back, it’s a no-brainer for me.“

– via EuroHoops.net

Despite the feeling of losing a bronze medal game, Mikal Bridges will never say no to Team USA: “I think I will never say no, it’s an honor every time. No matter the result, I wouldn’t trade those six weeks. The biggest thing is the relationship we built. That’s what I take away from this”.
    – via EuroHoops.net

got two commits. Bridges plays both ends. Haliburton is unselfish. Both fit the bill

I'm an American. The USA wins if Gobert is in the middle instead of Banchero. Not much doubt about it
    Did France win?

Precisely why you don’t know what you’re talking about, it’s been proven from you time and time again. But it’s funny because you speak with the conviction like you do, above all else as if some type of authority your shit is consistently laughably wrong. Stick to Jazz and Goebert fandom.

The bad thing about the USA is that it’s not easy for them to act like other national teams and build real continuity, as Steve Kerr once more admitted: “It’s hard to build continuity because we have so much turnover from year to year. We have to focus on what’s winning a FIBA game. The NBA is very different from FIBA and some things will be good and vice versa. There’s a lot to learn for sure”.

– via EuroHoops.net

which is why I'd look to bring back most of this team if they want to come back.