Local High School Star

Default with Hollywood actors and writers on strike here's what it will mean

Hollywood, and the entire entertainment industry, the writers have been on strike for a long time now. And then a few months ago, actors joined them.

What is obviously means is there will be very limited new entertainment coming out in late 2023 and maybe the entire first half of 2024.

I actually don't see this as necessarily a bad thing. Because there's lots of classic TV shows and movies that I and many others haven't seen that have been wanting to watch for a long time now.

If there's no new stuff coming out in a few months this will give us all a chance to once and for all see those legendary things that we missed the first time around.

Here's what I still have never seen that I plan to watch:

Mad Men

Boardwalk Empire

Community (seen random episodes of it but never watched the entire series)

Game of Thrones (saw the first three or four seasons and then just kind of bailed out and forgot about it)

Then there are buches of legendary HBO shows that are slowly being moved on to Netflix and other platforms.

What are the best movies or TV shows you still haven't seen somehow that have been meaning to watch? Because you'll be getting your chance soon.

Default Re: with Hollywood actors and writers on strike here's what it will mean

Tbh Game of Thrones is only good for the first four seasons. Those seasons are phenomenal though.

Default Re: with Hollywood actors and writers on strike here's what it will mean

Community is hilarious

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

someone told me the early 2000’s HBO show about Rome is good. I don’t think I ever heard of it before the mention.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    someone told me the early 2000’s HBO show about Rome is good. I don’t think I ever heard of it before the mention.
    Very good. One of the best HBO shows ever created. It was such an expensive production that HBO bailed on it after two seasons.

"writers"

Everything is a remake anyways. Who cares.

National High School Star

HBO's early stuff is fantastic and it actually looks better than the stuff they put out today

Deadwood
    Six Feet Under
    John Adams
    Band of Brothers
    The Larry Sanders Show
    Carnivale
    The Wire
    Sopranos
    Rome
    Big Love
    Extras

Banned

Rome was f*cking amazing. It was GOT before GOT. Warring factions, political intrigue, ruthless women, etc.

The first season is unassailable. The second season not so much because they knew they weren't coming back for a third and had to rush to to the conclusion, so it feels very disjointed. The first half of Season 2 is still pretty good though.

Highly recommend it.