Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Who will replace Marcus Smart's role on the Celtics?

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan View Post
    Yep, definitely the head-scratcher move of the off-season. Smart was invaluable. The team is now weaker/worse than before the move.

But grant williams is still on the celtics tho.

(See above)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak View Post
    They really did some hardcore dumbing with that. Not saying Marcus was that guy, but I think they really mortgaged their future. I was talking to my dude from Boston (who I always tease cuz they always get slammed in the playoffs, lol reminds me of dude in other thread saying the Cs team the Ws beat was stacked. haha, sorry forgot who it was. Eeyyyy.) Marcus JUST WON DPOY. He fixed his only weakness of being a kinda shaky 3 point shooter and became FCKING WET. I swear, that dude made more clutch 3s in the playoffs, it's amazing that his percentage doesn't look better.

I still think the Tatum / Brown thing is a joke. I think getting Porzingis is a joke, too. Not that dude couldn't be amazing, but I struggle to see how he's gonna work on that team, like what hole is he gonna fill?

https://www.si.com/nba/grizzlies/new...g-marcus-smart

also haha. Good luck w/ the growth cs fans.

I got an idea as to how to improve the leadership for our team... trade our leader! hahaha.

Even if you have 100% guarantee that KP is gonna be healthy, I still dunno about that move. Who knows, lesse.

-Smak
    Porz will fill the starter spot at 5 ,, cause their current center is all most out the door in retirement.

Remember Celtics are banking on youth , and Brown and Tatum is the core of that youth. I give them 2 more years and the plug will either be pulled or a chip will occur.

remember they are now saying the core of the Bucks is old. 3 years ago , they said this young bucks team.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan View Post
    Yep, definitely the head-scratcher move of the off-season. Smart was invaluable. The team is now weaker/worse than before the move.

Smart was valuable but Porzingis is almost a 20 10 big that blocks shots. May not average 20 as a third option but he is joining the best big two in the conference to make the best big 3 in the conference. Derrick White can do much of what Smart did, he's an All-D guard himself and probably better offensively. If Porzingis stays healthy the Celtics will be in the Finals every year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    But grant williams is still on the celtics tho.

(See above)
    ^Bitch fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Only option , Brown seldom brings up the ball, and Tatum only looks for a hero shot.
    Well, whoever it is, they could have gotten a potent pg this off-season. Someone like cp3 or lillard for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    Smart was valuable but Porzingis is almost a 20 10 big that blocks shots. May not average 20 as a third option but he is joining the best big two in the conference to make the best big 3 in the conference. Derrick White can do much of what Smart did, he's an All-D guard himself and probably better offensively. If Porzingis stays healthy the Celtics will be in the Finals every year.
    Just a weird player to gamble on imo. He could fit, but he has a heavy injury history, and I feel like in some fantasy land, like NBA 2k or something, this would be a monster team, but in reality it could go really south. I guess they have to do something, but like I said, you'd think they could have done something else. I was telling dude it's too bad they didn't end up with Tyus Jones in the trade. Been a fan of him since college.

I was gonna say they must not have wanted to pay Marcus, but I see he's already paid out + his contract is pretty manageable. Porzingis is on for years @ 30+ ???? I dunno, mane. If they believe in their two wings, they really needed a gritty big and they kinda had that in Williams. Dude was just injured... so what you'd think they'd want is a more sure-thing big. Instead they picked up more scoring + injury risk. I dunno if KP is really that good of a rebounder, is he? That's what they really needed, someone who was able to clean up, imo. I dunno haha. Let's just say it's gonna be funny. If it works, hey, I'm all for it. I'd even enjoy seeing the Cs get a ring, BUT I BET THEY WON'T.

I also dunno if Derrick White can do what Marcus Smart did, tbh. He might be able to guard and hit, but he's not a floor general imo. We shall seeee. I'm sayin, tho, for real, if they sneaked in a way to get Tyus, I might have said it was a good trade.

-Smak

Over their careers Porzingis has missed more games but last season Smart missed more games than Porzingis. Your post is generally devoid of analysis. The Celtics problem isn't rebounding. The team's "problem" is hard to put a finger on large part because whatever it is isn't that big of a problem. Half of Tatum's career has ended in the conference finals yet you talk about them like the team needs to be blown up immediately. Makes no sense really.

KP already has a ‘nagging’ injury. Celtics aren’t better or worse the last season but thats a bad thing for Boston. The scary thing is I could see smart having a 3 and D renaissance on the grizz.

Over their careers Porzingis has missed more games but last season Smart missed more games than Porzingis. Your post is generally devoid of analysis. The Celtics problem isn't rebounding. The team's "problem" is hard to put a finger on large part because whatever it is isn't that big of a problem. Half of Tatum's career has ended in the conference finals yet you talk about them like the team needs to be blown up immediately. Makes no sense really.
    This is the new nba strategy. Put together a team you can reliably throw at the conference finals or close to it year after year and pray that they get over the hump one of those seasons whether due to luck or oppositions injuries. This how the last 3 champs won. So here we go again to shake the ruffle hat to see if it’s the suns, nuggets, Celtics or bucks based on luck and injuries. No dynasties here.

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    KP already has a ‘nagging’ injury. Celtics aren’t better or worse the last season but thats a bad thing for Boston. The scary thing is I could see smart having a 3 and D renaissance on the grizz.
    As long as grant williams is on the team (Cs), they'll be fine.

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by bison View Post
    This is the new nba strategy. Put together a team you can reliably throw at the conference finals or close to it year after year and pray that they get over the hump one of those seasons whether due to luck or oppositions injuries. This how the last 3 champs won. So here we go again to shake the ruffle hat to see if it’s the suns, nuggets, Celtics or bucks based on luck and injuries. No dynasties here.
    What's new about keeping a good team together? And the Cs do it while still looking to improve the roster every year.

What's new about keeping a good team together? And the Cs do it while still looking to improve the roster every year.
    They'd still need a pg who can be a good playmaker and handle the ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    They'd still need a pg who can be a good playmaker and handle the ball well.
    White is just as good at those things as Smart. One of the reasons the trade happened is that the roster was redundant with Smart, White and Brogdon.

Won't need to.

As Tatum and Brown mature, a lot of what Smart brought will be taken up by them.

They need KP to be healthy, that's all.

Who in the East can take on the Celtics right now?

Philly is a mess.
    Heat got worst.
    Giannis just had a knee surgery.

If KP is healthy, they are in the finals.