Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Kyrie is a super smart guy and he knows itÂ’s Lukas team - Mark Cuban

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Mavs didn't really need Kyrie.

Mavs needed Gobert or Capella or any halfway decent center and yet Cuban, who is extremely incompetent, has failed to find such a center now on the 5th year.

Mavs have gotten deeper, but their pickups can just as well be busts, like Dante Exxum or Derrick Jones Junior, Richaun Holmes.

Mavs fans on Reddit are completely delusional and thank "Nico" for his "great offseason".

Luka is going to leave.

I dont see Luka leaving.

For one thing, wheres he gonna go? I doubt many stars around the league are reaching out with invites to the most ball dominant player in the game. And it doesnt make sense for him to go to some random bad team like Washington or Houston.

Realistically he doesnt have any better options than the Mavs.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Kyrie is a super smart guy and he knows itÂ’s Lukas team - Mark Cuban

I don't need to hear kblaze talk about how a guy shooting 35% from the field on the same volume is just as good a scorer or producer as a guy shooting 50+%. It's just not rooted in reality.
    The issue is you are such a surface level fan you think the percentage “scorer/producer” you are is the same as making your team score more points than the other when 85-90 percent of all points in the game will be scored by someone else. It’s like you really can’t wrap your mind around how scoring 25 points on what you consider a good shooting number doesn’t necessarily get your team to 115 and keep the other team at 110. If your efficiency is at the cost of a better team offense at the same time your defense lets the other 5 cruise it doesn’t matter how efficiently you scored 25 of the 240 points from that game. You going 8/19 for 42% instead of 9/19 for 47 has very little to do with the entirety of the game being played.

You’re just so convinced you know the game you ignore how shallow your way of judging players is.

My 9 guys need to get to 120 and keep your 9 guys below that. Who scores how much of the 120 doesn’t actually matter. Who misses how many of the shots doesn’t matter either. As a unit we have to score more than the opponent and the ability to score in ways that make spectators and fans out of teammates doesn’t do as much for that goal as you think and it does nothing at all for defense.

When Bird scored 50 on 55/57/91 and both he and Walton agreed he was the worst player on the floor and he apologized….you really can’t grasp why. But you think you’re so beyond the casual fans.

You arent.

You barely ever seem to see anything that wouldn’t scroll by the bottom of the screen during an espn recap.

The idea that a star could play better by spending less time putting himself in comfortable position to score efficiently and more time making sure the whole unit plays well together is foreign even though you’ve watched a lot of great leaders do it all your life. But you don’t see it because it’s hard to account for it statistically.

Try watching a few games this year, making an effort not to follow the ball. You might realize just how much goes on to decide games other than what the star players field goal percentage is.

Default Re: Kyrie is a super smart guy and he knows it’s Lukas team - Mark Cuban

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Kyrie hasn't shown up for a tough playoff battle in 6 years. He's legitimately played worse than Harden and OKC Westbrook in the playoffs over that time.

I would bet good $ you've used the context of this era when discussing other stars in the league today. Tatum, Dame, Booker, Mitchell etc. have put up Kobe/Wade level production too, and you've for sure never tried to paint them as being on Kobe or Wade's level.
    Yeah well they didn't play with LeBron when LeBron surpassed his hero in the popular consensus.

Default Re: Kyrie is a super smart guy and he knows it’s Lukas team - Mark Cuban

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    https://youtube.com/shorts/03ZxqERh7...Re9EzOSbjBp2lU

Whatever you think about that and his claim Kyrie will go stand in the corner the bigger question might be….

Does Luka know it’s Lukas team?

I think fans under estimate how much respect there is among players for that man’s skill set.

You think the “Your turn. My turn.” ball continues or will Luka tuck Kyrie in the corner and go to work?
    Good D, bad spacing, really shitty passing. It was Bron's team and Kyrie banged 3s. Neither of them had a look, so it was weird to see them passing back and forth. They could have gotten a shot off, and maybe by some luck it goes in, but that play in particular was trash. I'd almost rather see a pick there if there is time. Looks like two dudes scared to shoot, not oversharing. If you are locked and you look over and your boy is locked, it's probably better to make another move and jack a shot.

It's crazy that guys like Curry and Klay seem to be the only ones capable of moving off ball and catching and shooting. Everyone else wants a raw iso.

The idea wouldn't be to stick them in a corner as much as have them each on the wing, so one comes down one side and the other is on the other, then they can swing it to the weaker side if nothing is happening and let the other player go to work. If they wanna work from the top, that's gonna be tough and it will result in those kind of situations.

IT'S TIME FOR BBALL STRATEGY TO EVOLVE.

Edit: I used to go to bat for Kyrie but he legit sold it on the Cs in the playoffs. He was just going in and bricking lay ups. I can't fux w/ players who try to lose... I hope he gets back to playing like he can, but I'm no longer a fan.

-Smak
    Last edited by ILLsmak; 09-01-2023 at 05:33 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I dont see Luka leaving.

For one thing, wheres he gonna go? I doubt many stars around the league are reaching out with invites to the most ball dominant player in the game. And it doesnt make sense for him to go to some random bad team like Washington or Houston.

Realistically he doesnt have any better options than the Mavs.
    If only there was a team on the West Coast with an aging ball dominant star that has the perfect team for Luka.

If only there was a team on the West Coast with an aging ball dominant star that has the perfect team for Luka.

Okay, fair enough. And when Lebron is gone, AD is out with injury, and Reaves is sent to Dallas in the trade… how far do you see Luka taking what’s left of that team?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post

Okay, fair enough. And when Lebron is gone, AD is out with injury, and Reaves is sent to Dallas in the trade… how far do you see Luka taking what’s left of that team?
    Free agency.

Free agency.
    He has, what, four years left on his current deal?

Players will will be laid off and basketball will be broadcast as an AI digital simulation before Luka leaves the Mavs.

Very good NBA starter

Why can't Cuban find a competent center? It's really weird.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Shooting efficiency is important but if a guy is a liability when heÂ’s not shooting, on offense AND defense, then theres clearly more to the story than shooting splits.
    I agree with this 100%. Still not seeing how Kyrie hurt his Mavs teammates offensively. They have very little talent outside him and Luka and Luka sat out quit on the year. So yea... Kyrie isn't going to morph into Steve Nash. And even if he did Steve isn't doing anything with that help anyways.

My biggest problem with kblaze analysis is he will act like a guy like Iverson is way better than Kyrie or Reggie Miller or Ray Allen, despite AI bringing nothing to the table on defense, passing or rebounding... literally only strength is scoring the rock... and then when we would show him that Reggie and Kyrie and Ray could operate on similar volume but put the ball in the hoop at a way higher rate... he balks at it and starts throwing a tantrum.

If you put a decent center on the mavs that could anchor the defense the mavs would win 60+ games. Their problem certainly isn't Kyrie or Luka. It's "the others" as Shaq would put it.

220 points scored per game... if your role players suck... there's going to be a problem.

The Mavs traded away all their depth to get Kyrie and then Luka started sitting out. What do you think the end result in that scenario is going to be?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I’m not certain I’ve ever been involved in a comparison of Iverson versus Kyrie or Allen you’re just making an effort to shoehorn them in with a player generally considered inferior to all of them as you’re apparently unable to accept people thought things you didn’t like when you were two-ten years old, and had no idea what was even happening. Think what you want. There’s certainly no shortage of uninformed people using Google to form strong opinions. Don’t need to try to drag it into every unrelated topic and then act like I’m overly concerned about a subject you won’t stop bringing up.

You’re certainly free to not like Allen Iverson. You can do absolutely nothing about the status he holds and the accolades he was given nor the respect he gets from people who actually have some credibility.

Think whatever you want just like everybody else does. But if you’re gonna keep bringing it up, there’s a good chance it will be replied to on a platform that exists for that purpose.

edit. I would actually not say Kyrie is generally considered inferior to Reggie. I do suspect he would wash him in a poll. There’s no question who the more skilled player was but as usual, it just depends how you want to frame the argument around what “best” means and at that point it’s not really worth a whole discussion.