Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Kyrie is a super smart guy and he knows it’s Lukas team - Mark Cuban

https://youtube.com/shorts/03ZxqERh7...Re9EzOSbjBp2lU

Whatever you think about that and his claim Kyrie will go stand in the corner the bigger question might be….

Does Luka know it’s Lukas team?

I think fans under estimate how much respect there is among players for that man’s skill set.

You think the “Your turn. My turn.” ball continues or will Luka tuck Kyrie in the corner and go to work?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Kyrie is a super smart guy and he knows it’s Lukas team - Mark Cuban

They have a whole season to figure it out. The offense won't be the reason they fail. It will be defense or a possible as yet unknown Inexplicable Irving Issue. If Irving doesn't have his annual controversy they should be a first round exit team. If he instead finds a stupid reason to miss 30 games there is no floor to how bad they crater.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Kyrie is a super smart guy and he knows it’s Lukas team - Mark Cuban

Kyrie averaged 27/6/5 on sniper 50/40/90 splits with the mavs. Luka mailed last year in. I remember one game the mavs were up by like 30 on the Lakers and gave it up but the potential is there. I'd expect much more this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    https://youtube.com/shorts/03ZxqERh7...Re9EzOSbjBp2lU

Whatever you think about that and his claim Kyrie will go stand in the corner the bigger question might be….

Does Luka know it’s Lukas team?

I think fans under estimate how much respect there is among players for that man’s skill set.

You think the “Your turn. My turn.” ball continues or will Luka tuck Kyrie in the corner and go to work?

Luka is young and foreign, I suspect he feels obligated to show deference to Kyrie’s celebrated playground panache, as a means of fitting in among his NBA peers.

The Irving extension was such an embarrassing move by the Mavericks tho. Theyre literally paying Kyrie money to humiliate the organization at some point.

That is literally what theyre dead ass paying for. There is 0% chance they win a title, and 100% chance they get disrespected and humiliated by “Hélà” at some point. Theyre paying him to eventually make a mockery of them.

Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Luka is young and foreign, I suspect he feels obligated to show deference to Kyrie’s celebrated playground panache, as a means of fitting in among his NBA peers.

The Irving extension was such an embarrassing move by the Mavericks tho. Theyre literally paying Kyrie money to humiliate the organization at some point.

That is literally what theyre dead ass paying for. There is 0% chance they win a title, and 100% chance they get disrespected and humiliated by “Hélà” at some point. Theyre paying him to eventually make a mockery of them.

Incredible.
    We've seen Kawhi + PG13 fail, Embiid + Harden fail, Durant + Booker fail, Lebron + AD fail, Giannis + Middleton fail, Tatum + Brown fail, etc.

Only one team can win.

Kyrie played awesome for the mavs but it was a throwaway season last year. 27/6/5 on elite efficiency is like prime Wade or Kobe but kyrie was even more efficient than both them because he's a better shooter. He shot 95% from the stripe with Dallas. And over 50% from the field. That's sick. We aren't talking Iverson %'s here. So your hate is misplaced.

The main problem the mavs have is they literally suck outside their top guys. They have the weakest frontcourt in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    We've seen Kawhi + PG13 fail, Embiid + Harden fail, Durant + Booker fail, Lebron + AD fail, Giannis + Middleton fail, Tatum + Brown fail, etc.

Only one team can win.

Kyrie played awesome for the mavs but it was a throwaway season last year. 27/6/5 on elite efficiency is like prime Wade or Kobe but kyrie was even more efficient than both them because he's a better shooter. He shot 95% from the stripe with Dallas. And over 50% from the field. That's sick. We aren't talking Iverson %'s here. So your hate is misplaced.

The main problem the mavs have is they literally suck outside their top guys. They have the weakest frontcourt in basketball.

The issue is Kyrie’s teams consistently play better without him over a sample size of his whole career.

He made no impact on the Cavs his first three years (they won the lottery after his third year and traded the Wiggins pick for Love).

Lebron took the Warriors to six without him AND Love, they won in 7 with both back in the lineup next year, then made the finals and lost against the KD Warriors, then Irving left and Lebron made it back to the finals vs the KD warriors. The results were very consistent whether Hela played or didnt.

The C’s made a conference finals the year he elected to get surgery before the playoffs, the next year when he played they made divisional finals.

With the Nets the team consistently won more games when he sat than when he played.

And of course he gave no lift to a defending conference finalist Dallas who was having a down season, but Irving gave them zero boost or lift with his arrival.

His teaks are always, consistently better in the win column when he MISSES games than when he plays. The sample size is a 12 year career.

So, I know he has some good stat lines, but the evidence suggests theres something more to his impact on a team than what shooting splits would have you believe.

Only one team can win.

Mavs games average 170 total shot attempts. Kyrie making or missing one of that 170 isn’t as much of a difference as you’d love to believe it is. 150+ shots get taken by someone else on either team. The extreme majority of what happens in a game is not what you shoot from the field. He could shoot the same all year and win 42 games. Efficiently scoring less points than the other team is just an analytically pretty L. You’ll find they count exactly as much as the regular kind.

Kyrie has goat level skills and because of that he’s an elite improviser so when shit breaks down, you can give him the ball to get a shot at a good percentage but that doesn’t mean the offense is running at its best. Often with guys like Kyrie they can put up great numbers on teams playing like shit because they’re masters of shitty situations. He can take a broken set and go through four people for a layup which is great for his numbers but for the 50 or 60 times he isn’t shooting you might need somebody who furthers the 5 on 5 game to the desired outcome.

Just chilling until God tier creativity and shotmaking is required can make for really good numbers but it might not make for really good basketball teams. I’m gonna watch them a good bit this year and see how he’s approaching it. I’ve seen him go both ways. There were times on the nets he would shoot like 10 of 16 which is obviously great, but it would only be because he really got involved in the outcome of 15 or 20 plays.

Picking your spots doesn’t have to mean you don’t go hard when it’s not supposed to come to you. He can get sulky and be really efficient, but less useful to your team out scoring the other team than it would appear glancing at a stat sheet.

If he’s waiting for his turn to go instead of being engaged the whole game he could do 50/40/90 and win 46 games tops. He could shoot worse by having a lower percentage of his shots be him comfortably working himself into position while everyone else watches but playing more 5 on 5. As much attention as he demands the 60 something shots everybody else takes could go in at a higher rate. You really never know.

A lot of guys in history shoot worse while playing team ball. If all you did was post Charles Barkley up and get out of the way he will probably shoot 65% if you told him not to shoot threes. And his teams will be worse for it. Feels like Cuban is laying the groundwork for off the ball Kyrie. He’s a good enough shooter to do it. Be interesting to watch either way.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    The issue is Kyrie’s teams consistently play better without him over a sample size of his whole career.

He made no impact on the Cavs his first three years (they won the lottery after his third year and traded the Wiggins pick for Love).

Lebron took the Warriors to six without him AND Love, they won in 7 with both back in the lineup next year, then made the finals and lost against the KD Warriors, then Irving left and Lebron made it back to the finals vs the KD warriors. The results were very consistent whether Hela played or didnt.

The C’s made a conference finals the year he elected to get surgery before the playoffs, the next year when he played they made divisional finals.

With the Nets the team consistently won more games when he sat than when he played.

And of course he gave no lift to a defending conference finalist Dallas who was having a down season, but Irving gave them zero boost or lift with his arrival.

His teaks are always, consistently better in the win column when he MISSES games than when he plays. The sample size is a 12 year career.

So, I know he has some good stat lines, but the evidence suggests theres something more to his impact on a team than what shooting splits would have you believe.

Kyrie makes me wish I had a Videos scout department to run down some things I’d like to know. I wander if a team feels could potentially be better while he shoots worse if the shots he does take all the results of better team basketball? I’ve noticed a lot of times, when he’s just in the mood to murder someone he comes down early and the clock gets right where he wants to be. Makes a couple moves to get comfortable and then you’re at his mercy. It’s an efficient approach. But if he just came down and the team truly play 5 on 5 would the team eventually be better despite his numbers going down because he doesn’t get the ball in his spot and go to work? Could the potential increase in teammates efficiency by involving them more long-term, be a net gain, despite his personal dip in efficiency?

there is a select group of people who are such monsters one on one. It throws off that things can’t fully function while watching them do it. There’s a guy I’m not sure you remember Adrian Dantley. He could score 30 Something a game on 60% shooting a lot of the time, when he would just get the ball at his spot and gradually attack. Later he came to the Pistons, who had a much better group of players, and instead of shooting better than he did when he was nearly by himself, he shot worse. Supremely skilled attackers often shoot worse when playing better team basketball. It just ****s with the head of people who don’t look at the big picture.

i’m not even saying that’s the problem with Kyrie, but I’ve seen it be a problem with quite a few unbelievable scorers.

Mavs games average 170 total shot attempts. Kyrie making or missing one of that 170 isn’t as much of a difference as you’d love to believe it is. 150+ shots get taken by someone else on either team. The extreme majority of what happens in a game is not what you shoot from the field. He could shoot the same all year and win 42 games. Efficiently scoring less points than the other team is just an analytically pretty L. You’ll find they count exactly as much as the regular kind.

Kyrie has goat level skills and because of that he’s an elite improviser so when shit breaks down, you can give him the ball to get a shot at a good percentage but that doesn’t mean the offense is running at its best. Often with guys like Kyrie they can put up great numbers on teams playing like shit because they’re masters of shitty situations. He can take a broken set and go through four people for a layup which is great for his numbers but for the 50 or 60 times he isn’t shooting you might need somebody who furthers the 5 on 5 game to the desired outcome.

Just chilling until God tier creativity and shotmaking is required can make for really good numbers but it might not make for really good basketball teams. I’m gonna watch them a good bit this year and see how he’s approaching it. I’ve seen him go both ways. There were times on the nets he would shoot like 10 of 16 which is obviously great, but it would only be because he really got involved in the outcome of 15 or 20 plays.

Picking your spots doesn’t have to mean you don’t go hard when it’s not supposed to come to you. He can get sulky and be really efficient, but less useful to your team out scoring the other team than it would appear glancing at a stat sheet.

If he’s waiting for his turn to go instead of being engaged the whole game he could do 50/40/90 and win 46 games tops. He could shoot worse by having a lower percentage of his shots be him comfortably working himself into position while everyone else watches but playing more 5 on 5. As much attention as he demands the 60 something shots everybody else takes could go in at a higher rate. You really never know.

A lot of guys in history shoot worse while playing team ball. If all you did was post Charles Barkley up and get out of the way he will probably shoot 65% if you told him not to shoot threes. And his teams will be worse for it. Feels like Cuban is laying the groundwork for off the ball Kyrie. He’s a good enough shooter to do it. Be interesting to watch either way.
    Thats the thing. He openly resents the fans, the organization, the coach, often his own teammates even.

Theres just no way this dude raises any team’s morale. Sure there are friends who’ll vouch for him as a teammate, but that doesnt mean everyone else who isnt saying anything agrees. He’s passive aggressive, dramatic, and constantly negative. Theres just no way this guy makes others wanna go out and play hard for their teammates over the course of a game, when their teammate is as pompous and subversive as “Ree.”

Theres a reason guys like Kyrie, Harden and Westbrook have the reputations they do. Theyre some of the most talented players on paper, and yet every season they do exactly what theyre known for (melting down) and end up disappointing somewhere.

People just perpetually underestimate how much of the game is about attitude, chemistry, and leadership. They keep thinking Harden or Irving are definitely gonna win in this situation! And then lo and behold, they end up shocked when it doesnt happen. But somehow they still keep falling for the same old trap and believe in the same guy the very next season, after countless disappointments
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 08-31-2023 at 08:53 PM.

He was elected vice president of the players union. It’s safe to say somebody in the league likes him. I think the fans that dislike him think players mind his conduct more than they actually do. No doubt he rubs some wrong but far as I can tell he’s generally liked. His fame is definitely respected.

He was elected vice president of the players union. It’s safe to say somebody in the league likes him. I think the fans that dislike him think players mind his conduct more than they actually do. No doubt he rubs some wrong but far as I can tell he’s generally liked. His fame is definitely respected.
    Well, everywhere he goes they lose more when he plays and win more when he sits, so I dont know how to explain it, but a sample size of four teams and 12 years tells me somethin is amiss, whether it’s on court or in the locker room or whatever the case may be.

The difference between kyrie and Harden or Westbrook is kyrie actually shows up in tough playoff battles. Harden and Westbrook never did anything like kyrie in the 2016 Finals. And if they did they'd be more revered. They honestly just shrink and miss way more when it counts.

Kyrie was a FIBA MVP, All Star MVP, All NBA member, and champion outplaying H2H an MVP level player by 2016.

His talent and track record speak for themselves.

Boston and Brooklyn were both injury riddled messes. Between Hayward and Durant snapping their legs in half and kyries own injuries his teams didn't really have a chance.

I don't need to hear kblaze talk about how a guy shooting 35% from the field on the same volume is just as good a scorer or producer as a guy shooting 50+%. It's just not rooted in reality. If you're putting up Wade or Kobe numbers on elite efficiency you're impacting the game a lot. Especially when you consider the clutch factor, hitting the highest pressure shots which kyrie excels at.

You guys will see. Dallas is going to be way better this year. Luka and Kyrie have barely even sniffed their potential together.

The difference between kyrie and Harden or Westbrook is kyrie actually shows up in tough playoff battles.
    Kyrie hasn't shown up for a tough playoff battle in 6 years. He's legitimately played worse than Harden and OKC Westbrook in the playoffs over that time.

If you're putting up Wade or Kobe numbers on elite efficiency you're impacting the game a lot.
    I would bet good $ you've used the context of this era when discussing other stars in the league today. Tatum, Dame, Booker, Mitchell etc. have put up Kobe/Wade level production too, and you've for sure never tried to paint them as being on Kobe or Wade's level.

Default Re: Kyrie is a super smart guy and he knows itÂ’s Lukas team - Mark Cuban

The difference between kyrie and Harden or Westbrook is kyrie actually shows up in tough playoff battles. Harden and Westbrook never did anything like kyrie in the 2016 Finals. And if they did they'd be more revered. They honestly just shrink and miss way more when it counts.

Kyrie was a FIBA MVP, All Star MVP, All NBA member, and champion outplaying H2H an MVP level player by 2016.

His talent and track record speak for themselves.

Boston and Brooklyn were both injury riddled messes. Between Hayward and Durant snapping their legs in half and kyries own injuries his teams didn't really have a chance.

I don't need to hear kblaze talk about how a guy shooting 35% from the field on the same volume is just as good a scorer or producer as a guy shooting 50+%. It's just not rooted in reality. If you're putting up Wade or Kobe numbers on elite efficiency you're impacting the game a lot. Especially when you consider the clutch factor, hitting the highest pressure shots which kyrie excels at.

You guys will see. Dallas is going to be way better this year. Luka and Kyrie have barely even sniffed their potential together.
    Keep in mind Kyrie gives a lot of his points back on the other end, which cant be said of someone like Wade. I dont know what the numbers show but the eye test tells me Ree is one of the worst defensive players in the game.

Also I grant that he makes big shots, but if he doesnt increase the number of shots guys around him make, as kblaze points out, the difference between one guy shooting 53% vs 49% doesnt matter much if he has four teammates shooting 49% with him when theyd be at 53% with someone else.

Shooting efficiency is important but if a guy is a liability when heÂ’s not shooting, on offense AND defense, then theres clearly more to the story than shooting splits.

Furthermore, what isnt debatable is the fact he’s been with three organizations and made three unceremonious departures. The likelyhood of a repeat in Dallas is far higher than some cinderella run to the finals with two guys who clearly dont compliment each other.

Remember how certain everyone was that the Nets superteam would win a chip, and I was one of the very few people saying from the beginning “Hey, GUYS… look beyond the stats and all star selections. Think about the mental profile of the three leaders youre counting on to beat all the other professionals working toward that goal. Step back and really think about the people youre betting on.” A leadership committee of Durant Harden and Irving was clearly the farthest thing from a guarantee, but everyone thought there was no way it could fail, and big surprise it was a completely disastrous shit show.

How many players with a reputation for shit attitude ever win a title? Rasheed in 04… have there been any since? Even in second or third option roles? Guys like that dont win. It’s the Spurs, the Warriors, the Dirks, Lebrons, Jokers. Even the Kobes. It’s the mature professionals. Not the perennial drama queen muppets like Irving, Harden, and Westbrook. I mean the pattern is clear as day, you hitch your wagon to one of those dudes and youre just asking to fail. Look how many times Loney keeps getting burned by the same ****ing guy, over and over and over again.

Ree has disappointed every single year of his career except the three he has played with Lebron. But youre expecting it to be different “this” time?

Definition of insanity my dude.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 08-31-2023 at 10:38 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Kyrie is a super smart guy and he knows itÂ’s Lukas team - Mark Cuban

Mavs didn't really need Kyrie.

Mavs needed Gobert or Capella or any halfway decent center and yet Cuban, who is extremely incompetent, has failed to find such a center now on the 5th year.

Mavs have gotten deeper, but their pickups can just as well be busts, like Dante Exxum or Derrick Jones Junior, Richaun Holmes.

Mavs fans on Reddit are completely delusional and thank "Nico" for his "great offseason".

Luka is going to leave.