Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3777848586878889 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1331

Thread: Football

Default Re: NFL Season Discussion Thread: 2023

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I guess Doug Williams was the only QB with a double digit comeback until Brees in 2009?? Brady and Mahomes were both later after 2009 afaik
    as far as you know yeah?

Updated 2024 Fantasy Football Rankings and Big Board - 2/13/24
    https://www.rotostreetjournal.com/20...asy-big-board/

I did 3 leagues this past year

non ppr (passing TD = 6pts), 0.5 ppr, and ppr

Fantasy Football is the only thing that will keep the regular season interesting.

looking at the early rankings.... lot's of potential sleepers next year... plenty of late round value.

Derrick Henry ranked at #70?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    Updated 2024 Fantasy Football Rankings and Big Board - 2/13/24
    https://www.rotostreetjournal.com/20...asy-big-board/

I did 3 leagues this past year

non ppr (passing TD = 6pts), 0.5 ppr, and ppr

Fantasy Football is the only thing that will keep the regular season interesting.

looking at the early rankings.... lot's of potential sleepers next year... plenty of late round value.

Derrick Henry ranked at #70?
    I didn’t have henry last year or watch the Titans but I heard bad things from some guys who had him. I think he’s 30 or 31, he’s already well past the drop off a cliff point for RB’s. I cut him some slack in previous years because he’s such an outlier that he could last a few more years longer than the usual elite backs. But 70 sounds about right. If you **** around and draft him third round and he does nothing it could be a big blow to your squad.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I drafted Henry this year. He looked alright but the main problem was the titans offense was trash, playcalling completely predictable ie hand it off to Henry up the middle on every single 1st down and defenses stuffed him quite a few games. With how fast rbs go he should do better than 70 I'd say like 4th round.

What do you guys think Bradys case is over guys like Manning/Rodgers?

Playoff performance? The "it" factor?

Im assuming for Montana its just, having more of the same.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    What do you guys think Bradys case is over guys like Manning/Rodgers?

Playoff performance? The "it" factor?

Im assuming for Montana its just, having more of the same.
    Again, I say this as someone who has Peyton Manning on his Mount Rushmore of favorite athletes of all time..Brady DID just have that little extra "it" factor. It wasn't always apparent when their primes overlapped, which is why it was such a huge argument at them time with both he and Peyton from 04-10 and then both of them from 2010-2017 or so.

But if my life was on the line in a game, drive, or play then Brady is the guy I'm picking. Regardless of what the cast is and the quarterbacks respective relationship with their teammates and coaching staff. He just isn't going to give up and will make things very difficult. He brought it in the biggest moments always and on top of that was of course incredible at all the general boxes you tick when discussing quarterbacks other than scrambling ability.

Montana was similar but he did things never seen before from a maneuverability standpoint in the pocket and also with that clutch gene as well. The game was very different back then and far more violent for QBs than it is now. He got taken out of an NFC Championship game one time on a hit that would have the defender borderline expelled from the NFL.

He dealt with injuries pretty consistently but when he was healthy you could almost book a Super Bowl ticket for them. And he paved the way for how to master the position for future generations.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post

But if my life was on the line in a game, drive, or play then Brady is the guy I'm picking. Regardless of what the cast is and the quarterbacks respective relationship with their teammates and coaching staff. He just isn't going to give up and will make things very difficult. He brought it in the biggest moments always and on top of that was of course incredible at all the general boxes you tick when discussing quarterbacks other than scrambling ability
    Idk bro. Mahomes is 7/7 on drives that end with under 1 minute with his team needing at least a fg or td to tie or win in the playoffs. Literally perfect. And his legs are a big reason why in those moments. Scrambling is pretty important when we've seen Brady get statued by the Giants and strip sacked down 5 to the Eagles to lose the SB.

Mahomes is 5-2 in the playoffs when trailing by 10 or more points, everybody else is 8-55

He has by far the highest EPA per play of any QB in the playoffs, higher than his regular season marks.

He has by far the highest EPA per play in the last 5 minutes of any QB.

By far the best EPA on 3rd and 4th downs.

Like nobody is even close.

Picking anyone but Mahomes is crazy
    Last edited by AlternativeAcc.; 02-20-2024 at 01:15 AM.

Default Re: Football

When trailing by 7 points in the playoffs.

Brady is 10-11 in such situations.

I know Brady fans would love to pull the "moar clutch" argument like Kobe fans tried to do against LeBron, but unfortunately Mahomes is arguably the most clutch athlete in sports history up until this point. He is 1 win away from tying Brady in wins when his team trails by at least 7 during the playoffs, in half the games in that scenario.

There is, quite literally, not a single aspect of the game that you can say Brady is better than Mahomes at on an individual basis. 7 rings and longevity is it at this point

Essentially a full games worth of drives and this is what this dude's stats look like in the playoffs, while trailing, against the best defenses.

for reference the highest ever ANY/A {adjusted net yards per attempt) in a regular season was Manning in 2004 with 9.78.
    Last edited by AlternativeAcc.; 02-20-2024 at 02:25 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

I will remember being in kansas city in 2018. There was a buzz about this kid mahomes. Was he gonna be the real deal? We were hanging at our air bnb and shout out to #Imstillballin I told my homies have you ever heard this mahomes dude talk? And I brought up a video of a link I think I got here and he was sounding like a kermit the frog mother ****er. We were dying. He toned it down since then but before wow, that voice, it was like he was playing a character or something. Good shit. But man the buzz was already going around the city in early 2018, peeps could tell this was different. I popped tags off a Jimmy G jersey that day and a few hours later he blew his knee out trying to get an extra yard. Arrowhead is the best football stadium I have ever been too. Yall need to make it down there.

Again, I say this as someone who has Peyton Manning on his Mount Rushmore of favorite athletes of all time..Brady DID just have that little extra "it" factor. It wasn't always apparent when their primes overlapped, which is why it was such a huge argument at them time with both he and Peyton from 04-10 and then both of them from 2010-2017 or so.

But if my life was on the line in a game, drive, or play then Brady is the guy I'm picking. Regardless of what the cast is and the quarterbacks respective relationship with their teammates and coaching staff. He just isn't going to give up and will make things very difficult. He brought it in the biggest moments always and on top of that was of course incredible at all the general boxes you tick when discussing quarterbacks other than scrambling ability.

Montana was similar but he did things never seen before from a maneuverability standpoint in the pocket and also with that clutch gene as well. The game was very different back then and far more violent for QBs than it is now. He got taken out of an NFC Championship game one time on a hit that would have the defender borderline expelled from the NFL.

He dealt with injuries pretty consistently but when he was healthy you could almost book a Super Bowl ticket for them. And he paved the way for how to master the position for future generations.

Mahomes is definitely that guy for one drive, but I appreciate clarification for taking him over Manning/Rodgers.

Horrific hit on Montana.

Any rule on hits near/on the head?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Idk bro. Mahomes is 7/7 on drives that end with under 1 minute with his team needing at least a fg or td to tie or win in the playoffs. Literally perfect. And his legs are a big reason why in those moments. Scrambling is pretty important when we've seen Brady get statued by the Giants and strip sacked down 5 to the Eagles to lose the SB.

Mahomes is 5-2 in the playoffs when trailing by 10 or more points, everybody else is 8-55

He has by far the highest EPA per play of any QB in the playoffs, higher than his regular season marks.

He has by far the highest EPA per play in the last 5 minutes of any QB.

By far the best EPA on 3rd and 4th downs.

Like nobody is even close.

Picking anyone but Mahomes is crazy
    I was referring to Brady vs Manning and Rodgers.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Mahomes is definitely that guy for one drive, but I appreciate clarification for taking him over Manning/Rodgers.

Horrific hit on Montana.

Any rule on hits near/on the head?
    Yea you can't do that at all now, especially on a quarterback. They'll review any plays regarding helmet-to-helmet contact and if it's deemed that the defender didn't make an effort to avoid it or that the offensive player was "defenseless" to the hit then it's an automatic ejection and hefty fine.

If that hit on Montana occurred today to then that defender would likely be suspended for the entire season. Not even a penalty then.

On top of that though, defenders also can't tackle quarterbacks low in the pocket. That rule was installed when someone dove at Brady's knees in the first game back in 08. Tore his ACL and he was out for the year. The NFL obviously decided that that was bad for business. But given that, now you can't hit quarterbacks above the shoulders or below the waist.

That's why it's kind of tough to compare guys like Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, etc. to dudes in the 80s. It's a lot easier to play the position when you aren't worried about being blasted in the head or having your legs taken out from under you every time you drop back.

You should watch some tape on Montana though. If he played now I would liken him to Drew Brees but with more size, quicker feet in the pocket, and a slightly stronger arm.
    Last edited by ShawkFactory; 02-20-2024 at 11:04 AM.

Teams in the AFC must be absolutely sick of having to deal with Mahomes and the Chiefs. They just got done dealing with Brady and the Pats for 20 years, now they're going to have to deal with another dynasty for the next several. At least some AFC teams got one in with Brady there. Teams like Buffalo must be sick to their stomach, especially now where they consider themselves contenders. They have to go up against Mahomes every year in the playoffs and it ends the same way.

I was referring to Brady vs Manning and Rodgers.
    Montana, Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Manning

5 year stretch, who you taking? The team is average across the board outside QB