Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 296976777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1331

Thread: Football

Default Re: NFL Season Discussion Thread: 2023

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Because... the ****ing clock ran out.

Time at the end of games has always taken precedence over downs. If you're on 2nd down and there's 5 seconds left and you don't convert you lose. You may not follow football much but that's the way it is.

Going to a 2nd OT when the score isn't even tied is just preposterous. It defies logic across all categories of sports and general existence.

No it didnt.

It only ran out according to your idea/estimate of where the arbitrary time should be set.

Thats arbitrary and unfair since one team will be battling time while the other has as much as they want.

That shit would be RANDOM.

Default Re: Football

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Not at all. Being a huge Peyton Manning fan, I was a Brady hater for a very long time. Eventually I had to just let it go and respect what he did.

With Quarterbacks I truly don't look at stats in any way. That's not how I measure their performance in a one game sample where yards in particular can be largely related to circumstance. To me it's how many plays do you make and most importantly, when you make them. I thought Josh Allen played phenomenally against the Chiefs and had no idea he only had like 150 yards passing.
    Your eye test doesn't tell you Mahomes is better than brady? Peyton was my favorite player and why I became a colts fan. I watched brady and rodgers play through their careers. The eye test tells me that Mahomes is the best qb I have ever seen play football.

The Chiefs got the ball back with 7:19 on the clock.

That's literally a 50/50 split of OT where they weren't pressed for time at all dummy.

Sometimes Im seriously baffled at your IQ.

You were complaining about the rule.

How it played out in this particular game is completely irrelevant to your complaint about the rule.

Pat Mahomes is well on his way to become the GOAT but he'll need some more rings and volume stats to pass Tom. No he hasn't passed him yet just because his resume has been better than Tom's at age 28. The thing that separates Brady is that he dominated all throughout his 30s up until he was 44 years old.

AW acting like he's a football expert all of a sudden is ****ing cringe tbh Here he is telling others who have been watching the game longer than he's been alive that they don't know anything and uses TOTAL YARDS to downplay Brady's first 5 Super Bowl performances. Sit down you clown and humble yourself. Looking at numbers you found from google searches don't mean shit if you don't know the context behind them and don't fully understand the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    They cared a lot. Kelce brought the team to tears with his pre-game speech. He literally shoved Reid in the 1st half out of insane passion. Weird take.

Also, Shanahan did go for it on 4th down with the score 13-10. Had an easy FG, but risked it and they got the TD. Should've gone up 4, but they missed the XP which led to Chiefs being able to tie with FGs.

The reality is that both coaches made mistakes here and there, but overall called great games. One team had Mahomes late and the other didn't. End of story
    Absolutely. I always talk about mistakes made by a coach or player that cost them the game. It happened most memorably with shanahan with Atlanta in the sb and ofc seahawks not running on the 3rd down to gain 1 yard. There were no such blatant mistakes this time by either coach.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    They need to upgrade their receivers a bit.
    Veach essentially built the entire defense off of draft picks. He's whiffed on offensive guys like Hardman, Clyde, and Moore in past drafts. This year WR will be the main focal point in the draft, and hopefully he's able to free up enough space to sign a vet guy wanting to ring chase.

I really do want Sneed/CJ to resign even though they're gonna demand crazy money. I have a feeling he's gonna let Sneed walk, but I hope not

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    No it didnt.

It only ran out according to your idea/estimate of where the arbitrary time should be set.

Thats arbitrary and unfair since one team will be battling time while the other has as much as they want.

That shit would be RANDOM.

Arbitrary time set? It's 15 minutes and when it's 0 it's 0. Theres never been a history of overtime in American sports when the game wasn't tied at the end of the clock.

Arbitrary time set.

Given your profile name that must be one of your favorite 10 words. Go talk with Acc and he could probably bump you to 20.

NBA Superstar

Downs have never taken precedence over time in any facet of Football ever. Or any other time based American sport.

Both teams did get the chance to possess the ball. Both teams had it for 7+ minutes in OT. The Chiefs were ready to take it to 2nd OT while being down 3 though if they didn't convert.

Which means an Over Time would've started with the score not tied. There's really no logical way to justify it.

You said that "OT was being treated as a new 1st quarter and game" when that's blatantly not true. A team could go up two field goals and that would be game over even if there was 10 minutes left on "the new first quarter".
    You're really getting hung up on the wrong things. Again...the start of the 2nd isn't the start of another OT. I don't understand why you're having so much trouble grasping this.

You said that "OT was being treated as a new 1st quarter and game" when that's blatantly not true.
    It is though. With of course the caveat that the game is over once a team has scored after the first possession. Or in this case scores more than the other team on the first.

Arbitrary time set? It's 15 minutes and when it's 0 it's 0. Theres never been a history of overtime in American sports when the game wasn't tied at the end of the clock.

Arbitrary time set.

Given your profile name that must be one of your favorite 10 words. Go talk with Acc and he could probably bump you to 20.
    AW continues to embarrass himself with his lack of knowledge on football and will still carry himself as some sort of expert. Peak delusion right there

They each get one possession in the OT. Nobody ever mentioned that it could bleed over into a 2nd OT when the game isnt even tied.

That would be like a basketball game where we had a 2nd OT because there was still time on the shotclock for the team down 1... it's nonsense.
    You would only be right if a team took 15 minutes and left no time for the other team to possess the game. It never happens though.

Each team gets a possession and if at the end a team is leading, they win.

Arbitrary time set.

Except, it wasnt 15 minutes, was it?

Since the game still would have gone on.

More smileys to help you cope with your IQ i guess ^^

This right here "Given your profile name that must be one of your favorite 10 words. Go talk with Acc and he could probably bump you to 20."

has to be the cringiest attempt at a diss, possibly ever lol

Downs have never taken precedence over time in any facet of Football ever. Or any other time based American sport.

Both teams did get the chance to possess the ball. Both teams had it for 7+ minutes in OT. The Chiefs were ready to take it to 2nd OT while being down 3 though if they didn't convert.

Which means an Over Time would've started with the score not tied. There's really no logical way to justify it.

You said that "OT was being treated as a new 1st quarter and game" when that's blatantly not true. A team could go up two field goals and that would be game over even if there was 10 minutes left on "the new first quarter".
    Listen, if the chiefs didn't get the td or hit a fg at the end of OT, the game would have ended with the 49ers winning by 3pts. 2nd OT would have only happened if chiefs hit a fg. However, they got a td so it was moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A. View Post
    Pat Mahomes is well on his way to become the GOAT but he'll need some more rings and volume stats to pass Tom. No he hasn't passed him yet just because his resume has been better than Tom's at age 28. The thing that separates Brady is that he dominated all throughout his 30s up until he was 44 years old.

AW acting like he's a football expert all of a sudden is ****ing cringe tbh Here he is telling others who have been watching the game longer than he's been alive that they don't know anything and uses TOTAL YARDS to downplay Brady's first 5 Super Bowl performances. Sit down you clown and humble yourself. Looking at numbers you found from google searches don't mean shit if you don't know the context behind them and don't fully understand the game.

The "well on his way" crowd has arrived

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Listen, if the chiefs didn't get the td or hit a fg at the end of OT, the game would have ended with the 49ers winning by 3pts. 2nd OT would have only happened if chiefs hit a fg. However, they got a td so it was moot.
    Huh? That’s completely wrong, the game was ending with the Chiefs completing their possession, either a score, turnover or 4th down stop. The game would not have ended at the end of OT with the Chiefs having 1st & goal

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987 View Post
    You should just stop embarrassing yourself. People ITT have been trying to educate you, but you with your knowledge of watching 10 football games in your entire life keep insulting them. Just stop it, kid.
    He literally just started watching the NFL yet he knows more than those who've been watching longer than he's been alive