Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How important is consistency?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yea that's true too.

That Laker Nugget series was the closest played sweep I've ever seen. LA was up double digits in two of the games looking like it'd be a blowout and they choked in the 4thQ.
    Celtics Nets was closer but both are very close.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yea that's true too.

That Laker Nugget series was the closest played sweep I've ever seen. LA was up double digits in two of the games looking like it'd be a blowout and they choked in the 4thQ.

Indeed, Lebron has many series losses where the series had many close games in the 4th quarter

the 07' Finals, 09' ECF, 23' WCF, 10' ECSF, 11' Finals and more - he lost about 80 fourth quarter leads in these series.. it's because his ball-dominant brand of ball is extremely predictable and gets stifled in high-leverage minutes..

The trend of Lebron scoring less in high-leverage minutes occurs in blowouts too - the 14' Finals showed Lebron scoring 1.1 points per minute when the Heat were down 15 or more, but only 0.65 points when the game was less than 15 points... There's never been a more "empty stats" player in the history of the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Jokic has gigantic games though.
    Of course, but he's generally pretty consistent.

Lack of consistency is my biggest criticism of Embiid (besides his flopping).

Since they've been MVP rivals for a couple years, I thinks its a pretty good comparison to answer the question in this thread.