Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Rondo says he and LeBron don’t compete against players they play against coaches.

Very good talk with JJ Redick. Give it a minute for him to get into it. I especially like JJ realizing all these years later that he saw Rondo doing exactly what he says he was doing.

He and LeBron, watching other teams play, and deciding which coaches each would have an advantage against gives some insight to a talk i saw rondo have years ago where he said if he and LeBron were on the same team, there’s no way anybody would figure out how to beat them four times before they figured out how to beat the other team four times.

let’s just cancel all these stupid standard segments and let JJ Shumpert and Jeff Teague talk to players for NBA coverage. There is more interesting content in that five minutes then we might get in non tnt studio shows this whole season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Rondo says he and LeBron don’t compete against players they play against coaches.

playoff rondo was a real thing. players and coaches have said rondo is a great coach

Default Re: Rondo says he and LeBron don’t compete against players they play against coaches.

Love how Rondo just casually lumps himself in with LeGOAT.

Watch this, if you’ve never seen the Shumpert “Run it again” video:

Why isn’t that NBA coverage? Why don’t we have four minutes of that then a commercial break and let it come back and get four minutes of somebody who played with Jokić explaining his process and ways?

What panel tells these people we want the stupid intro songs, and the same style segments that have been on for 20 years? NBC and CBS before them knew to hand it off to somebody who knows what they’re talking about and let them go for a minute. CBS especially and NBC added a little more showmanship and the success of it. I’m pretty sure it’s what gave us the modern shitty studio shows but you would always get a segment with somebody knowledgeable just talking. Do they not see Tik Tok numbers? Do they not think both young and older people will listen to informed points of view patiently? These podcasts get millions and millions of views. Why do I have to listen to somebody who has no idea what they’re talking about read me stats a producer selected over dumb music?

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post

there’s no way anybody would figure out how to beat them four times before they figured out how to beat the other team four times.

The Lakers were 15-19 with Rondo and Lebron in lineup during the 2019 lottery season

so no

they can memorize all the opposition plays they want - with Lebron's skillset, it's impossible to play the best brand of ball that the Spurs, Nuggets, Warriors or Mavs played
    Last edited by 3ba11; 08-29-2023 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    playoff rondo was a real thing. players and coaches have said rondo is a great coach
    I always thought the Celtics should've brought back Rondo one of these last couple years. Not to play, but he could be that guy that could get through to Tatum and Brown and possibly get them to where they haven't been able to get to yet.

He was obviously referring to the playoffs where they infact did not lose to anybody four times. Nobody makes a statement like that about winning regular season games. Not that you didn’t know that…..

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    I always thought the Celtics should've brought back Rondo one of these last couple years. Not to play, but he could be that guy that could get through to Tatum and Brown and possibly get them to where they haven't been able to get to yet.

how much of a dick reputation could he have to not be somebody’s veteran teacher tenth man at this point? Executives most call each other and ask questions about him that don’t go well.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

This video has to be from either 2017 or 2018... when the Celtics were starting babies as their best players.

Avery Bradley was their leading scorer in the 2017 playoff series and teenagers were their best players in 2018.

So it's not surprising a guy with 15+ years of experience and being a huge grown man outsmarted a bunch of kids.

Very good NBA starter

Rondo is right up there with Magic and Kidd in intuitive feel for the game as a PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    I think he got arrested a couple years ago for threatening to kill his wife or something didnt he?

Could have something to do with his unceremonious departure from the league.

7-time NBA All-Star

Why isn’t that NBA coverage? Why don’t we have four minutes of that then a commercial break and let it come back and get four minutes of somebody who played with Jokić explaining his process and ways?

What panel tells these people we want the stupid intro songs, and the same style segments that have been on for 20 years? NBC and CBS before them knew to hand it off to somebody who knows what they’re talking about and let them go for a minute. CBS especially and NBC added a little more showmanship and the success of it. I’m pretty sure it’s what gave us the modern shitty studio shows but you would always get a segment with somebody knowledgeable just talking. Do they not see Tik Tok numbers? Do they not think both young and older people will listen to informed points of view patiently? These podcasts get millions and millions of views. Why do I have to listen to somebody who has no idea what they’re talking about read me stats a producer selected over dumb music?
    nothingburger from shumpert - basic spacing strategy.. and what would lebron do without spacing or teammates to space the floor for him in the 80's or 90's? that's the limitation of his ball-dominant skillset.. so what would he do without today's beginner-ball format? spaced-out, hands-off non-basketball?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    This video has to be from either 2017 or 2018... when the Celtics were starting babies as their best players.

Avery Bradley was their leading scorer in the 2017 playoff series and teenagers were their best players in 2018.

So it's not surprising a guy with 15+ years of experience and being a huge grown man outsmarted a bunch of kids.
    You've missed the point...again.

He's talking about the coaches, not the players. It's literally in the title of the thread.

Very good NBA starter

If Rondo had the size and athleticism of Lebron, he'd have been an all time great.

If Lebron had the size and athleticism of Rondo, he'd struggle to find a spot on the bench.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    You've missed the point...again.

He's talking about the coaches, not the players. It's literally in the title of the thread.
    Nah I think you missed the point if you watch shumperts interview. Boston didn't have the heavyweight personel to deal with Lebrons weight and size advantage. And also being a young inexperienced team.

It's not hard as a grown big man to take advantage of kids who are 20 or less years old. That's not an impressive feat. That's actually weak.

You're talking about coaches?

We know for sure Lebron never took advantage of Popovich, or Carlisle, or Kerr... so to act like he was some mastermind outsmarted coaches is not only preposterous, but downright ignorant.