Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Sometimes i pinch myself upon waking to remind myself the Suns have Book,KD,Beal

but yes, i acknowledge there is great potential for a catastrophic finale. anytime you assemble something of this magnitude where the majority of the talent concentration is distributed between 3 players, the result is a risky ride. if they don't win, it will be all for nothing and i have no clue how you clean up that sort of shitshow when you don't have 1st round picks.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Sometimes i pinch myself upon waking to remind myself the Suns have Book,KD,Beal

That part, I don’t think will be an issue. Ayton is on what’s going to look like a very small contract in the coming years and given enough touches? He will be productive enough so you can flip a home to a bad or middling team that wants to go up a level, and there will always be a star ****er franchise like the Knicks perpetually under the belief they are a piece away who will trade picks for a name like Kevin Durant they can’t ever get to sign there even in a year or two.

unless you win the next two titles, this team has to get broken up in year three or one year of them will cost what an NBA team would have cost eight or nine years ago. Even the best owner won’t spend 500 million for West finals run will he?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    That part, I don’t think will be an issue. Ayton is on what’s going to look like a very small contract in the coming years and given enough touches? He will be productive enough so you can flip a home to a bad or middling team that wants to go up a level, and there will always be a star ****er franchise like the Knicks perpetually under the belief they are a piece away who will trade picks for a name like Kevin Durant they can’t ever get to sign there even in a year or two.

unless you win the next two titles, this team has to get broken up in year three or one year of them will cost what an NBA team would have cost eight or nine years ago. Even the best owner won’t spend 500 million for West finals run will he?
    one title is enough. you win one, i will talk so much shit i will become the biggest pain in the ass this forum has ever and will ever encounter. you will wish i didn't exist.

College superstar

The roles players they brought in I have no clue about other than Gordon.

The health of KD is super up in the air.

And the whole point I was making about them being drastically unliked. How is that gonna play out with fans, media, stress, the city of Phoenix yada yada yada.

The on court X’s and O’s will just be whatever. You not really gonna be able to tell until the playoffs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    one title is enough. you win one, i will talk so much shit i will become the biggest pain in the ass this forum has ever and will ever encounter. you will wish i didn't exist.
    Yall should've won in 2021 if not for Chris Paul shitting the bed in that game 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    The roles players they brought in I have no clue about other than Gordon.

The health of KD is super up in the air.

And the whole point I was making about them being drastically unliked. How is that gonna play out with fans, media, stress, the city of Phoenix yada yada yada.

The on court X’s and O’s will just be whatever. You not really gonna be able to tell until the playoffs.
    tthis is pretty on point. but yes, the city is the 5th largest metro area in the country...a lot of people don'tt realize how massive Phoenix is. we're very spread out. hell, i'm working on a microsoft data center at the moment. there's entire suburbs tthe size of a standard small US city being constructed this very moment in every which way. i drive outt to some of these places and am amazed how i had no fukking clue this ws being builtt. got a new maid and my t on the keyboard been sticking since...think she used watter.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yall should've won in 2021 if not for Chris Paul shitting the bed in that game 4.
    we don't acknowledge 2021 when giannis embarrased the city and ttook our soul from us.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Is Phoenix hated? I’d say Kevin Durant is disliked by a lot of fans, but he’s also a huge number of peoples favorite player. I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard anybody on the suns be hated on in person other than KD. And the city itself I wouldn’t call hated. What are you all dealing with to come away with the impression you are a hated franchise?

Is Phoenix hated? I’d say Kevin Durant is disliked by a lot of fans, but he’s also a huge number of peoples favorite player. I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard anybody on the suns be hated on in person other than KD. And the city itself I wouldn’t call hated. What are you all dealing with to come away with the impression you are a hated franchise?
    reddit

College superstar

I’m talking this team and the Paul teams when compared to other memorable Suns teams. It’s obvious people were and are strongly rooting against KD and Paul. Which is a lot different than the Barkley or Nash eras. Casuals loved those dudes.

I’m saying the Suns were always a pretty neutral franchise outside of Lakers fans but once Paul and KD came along there has been a little more venom directed towards them.

7-time NBA All-Star

title is guaranteed.. it's a stone cold, lead pipe, lock

it will be #3 for KD..

given his superior scoring ability, brand of ball, team ceilings/Finals records, and also outplaying in H2H matchups, and also carrying Westbrook to Finals while Lebron missed play-in with Westbrook & AD - these factors will put KD above Lebron in my rankings after the 2024 Finals.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Devils advocate... what if the center position moves closer to the value of running backs in the NFL? Teams might be done investing draft capital and/or long extensions into centers heading into their late 20s. The exceptions at the top of the market like Embiid and Joker aside...what if teams value Ayton like we see the league shuffle around Drummond since he left Detroit?

You are not wrong. History supports you on this. Should Phoenix be looking ina year or two, a options to change course will be there. This is a league where Bynum got Dwight Howard in trade. I am just throwing ideas out there because what ifs are all i got to get my fix until the season tips